Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (pinklady)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-14-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
Upload
These are my husband's brand new Ronix Cells. Has anyone had this happen to any of the Ronix bindings?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-14-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
I'm asking this out of curiousity/ignorance: The liner's don't come out? Can't you just slide it back in and have it back to normal? Are they supposed to be glued in or attached inside somehow?

-Steve
Old     (pinklady)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-14-2007, 9:01 PM Reply   
We are kinda asking the same thing. The black liner looked like it was glued to the white footbed which we thought was glued down as well. It was easy to put back together, but we were not sure if this is something that is supposed to happen.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-14-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
hm. I'm gonna go with a "not supposed to happen."
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       05-14-2007, 9:55 PM Reply   
if i remember corectly the ronix guys at the boat show said they were all glued in
Old     (spencerwakeside)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-14-2007, 11:34 PM Reply   
If they didn't rip any of the foam you could probably glue it back in. If it did tear it might be a little uncomfortable. They are covered under warranty. Contact your dealer either way and let them know. My two cents.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 4:50 AM Reply   
now that is how it is done. Thanks pinklady for posting a pic of your situation. I have Ronix Cells. I will keep watch to make sure the same thing does not start to happen to me. Some posters would complain and rip on board companies and said they were putting out bad product without posting the pic showing their concern. It is really good to show this with other riders to inform them that it could be a potential problem with their own gear.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-15-2007, 5:48 AM Reply   
i had this happen to me as well. on my right boot the liner came out with half of the foot bed leaving the other half glued in the boot. yes the liners and footbeds are suppose to be glued to the boot.

i actually prefer the liners to come out of the boots and on my replacement pair the liners came out with the full foot bed so i haven't complained yet.

those will definately be covered under warranty as i know this has been a common problem with this boot and ronix is working on fixing it.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
scott u really have to stop whining about people saying they had a problem with their ronix board or binding not trying to be a dick but u have complained in like three other posts and in your profile...give it up man
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 7:14 AM Reply   
max luna...what the hell. Where did that come from? That was just a mere thank you for the pic.....Now I can watch my CELL bindings for possible damage of the same nature. How is that whining? The pic was just a good illustration on what to watch for if you own cell bindings.
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
"Some posters would complain and rip on board companies and said they were putting out bad product without posting the pic showing their concern." i dont even know how many times i have heard you say this and its getting old, the rest of the post you are sayign thank you and thats cool he deserves a thank you for posting a pic..what ever dude its cool im just saying you have repeated that a lot and its getting annoying
Old    110outlet            05-15-2007, 7:36 AM Reply   
What trick or tricks was he trying when the liner was ripped out or was it from just a few hard days of riding? I would certainly take those back or send them back. Liquid Forces warrenty is pretty lame, they only cover defects, but hyperlites is good, but i dont know enough about ronix to say. I dont think you can chalk that up to wear and tear thats a manufactures defect, but they may fight ya on that for sure.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
Grow up Max. I don't know how many slams I have heard about board companies. And that is getting really old. Get back to what this post is about and not focusing on picking fights. My intention is not trying to start a fight. It was clearly thanking the person..pinklady for posting her pic and illustrating a potential problem with the cell binding. Which I currently own and you do not. So I am not sure what your motive is here.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2007, 8:06 AM Reply   
Guys come on scott still hasnt gotten over the ronix one situation (which he doesnt even own by the way). Scott if youconsider yourself a mature adult i think its time to give it up. Any ways sorry about your cells i have the same ones and i havnt had many problems with them besides the toggles coming off a few times. best bet is to take them back to your shop.
Old     (jusstty)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-15-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
They are supposed to be glued in. When i wanted to get mine heat molded i tried to take them out and i was pretty unsuccsessfull. Take them back they should give you a new pair. Good Luck
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-15-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
It seems there are a few too many threads on here about problems with RONIX stuff. Sounds like they might need a quality check Not doubting their stuff is well designed but there are a lot of complaints.

Just a thought.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
Did he get them professionally heat molded? If so, something may have gone wrong with that. Whatever happens, where you bought it from should take care of you. They are really good bindings nonetheless.

Scott, you're a broken record, and yes, you were whining about how people don't post pics, not just thanking pinklady. If you just would have thanked her, no one would be rippin on ya man. Have you notified Paul yet?
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Have you notified Paul yet? Guys come on scott still hasnt gotten over the ronix one situation . Two prime examples of being mature. Bravo!
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       05-15-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
Nice. I can't wait to buy me a pair of those.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-15-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
Hey at least you can have them air dry now!

Im scared... I have an all Ronix setup. Ill post any issues i find
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
dude i was trying to just end it i say it was cool between us and not have a lame fight online but whatever...im not mature? okay scott take a look at yourself.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
max luna...dude...did I quote you on my previous post. No! I was trying to end it as well and two other posters had to chime in with their immature pokes. Please read the new thread Ronix One Cracks. Other riders on here feel the same as I do. And this is not directed at you Max..but for everyone else who slams. Stop rippin on Ronix...it's their first year and the gear is under warranty. So stop complaining. Check with any pro shop who carries all the brands and they will tell you the other boards break too. I talked with a pro shop earlier today that had a Transcend platinum break in half returned to their shop. What the rider was doing to cause that...I have no idea. But it did break. That is all I have been saying all along. Ride it if it breaks, you will get a new one.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-15-2007, 4:51 PM Reply   
amen
Old     (lfshane132)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 4:58 PM Reply   
Well then scott sorry i misunderstood what you said i thought you were talking about me as being immature since you didn'tn really direct towards anyone.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-15-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
thats ok max...were cool!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2007, 5:13 PM Reply   
I noticed my brand new ronix one bindings are starting to do the same thing. I wish the liners were made to come out so they would dry quicker.
Old     (pinklady)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-15-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
We had them heat molded at the boat show. He was doing a HS360 and landed alittle off, resulting in the pulled out liner and a sprained ankle. The place where we got them said to bring them in and exchange them. So far other then this little mishap, he loves the bindings.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-15-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
I hope your man's ankle is all good. Have most people had their bindings heat molded? (those that it's available on) I wonder how many people go ahead with it. I find it an amazing innovation in the industry, but don't see bindings that have been molded lasting as long as others.
Scott, you say you drop stuff but keep bringing others into the mix. Am I immature for simply asking you if you had done something you said you would in a previous Ronix post? I found it quite humorous actually. Quit getting your undies in a wad, you're twice Max's age and told him to grow up. Could you just grow up slightly and let people post wtf they want on this Public forum. Or at least quit making dumb comments only to piss people off. Thanks BRAH!
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-15-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
I have the cells and I know that one of my linears is loose when I am pulling my foot out I have to be careful not to pull the linear out with it, but it doesn't effect the fit or feel so I am not worried about it at this point. My personal feeling is glue will eventually let go, especially being in and out of the water as much as the bindings are, as long as it comes out intact no problems.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-16-2007, 4:56 AM Reply   
A-Dub...you need to drop it my friend. When I mentioned I talked with Paul...it was back in February. " Am I immature for simply asking you if you had done something you said you would in a previous Ronix post? I found it quite humorous actually" my answer to your ? ADUB...YES. I quoted this early and will do it again for you ADUB..........stop whining about Ronix..Ride it if it breaks, you will get a new one. Always this attack attack attack...then showing no proof. Do you realize how that looks to other riders on here. Enough said. I am not going to stoop to your level again. I think others will agree.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-16-2007, 6:17 AM Reply   
Again then Scott, let people post what they want. And quit trying to boss people around on here. We're all titled to our opinions, and you have yours, just let others make their own dude. Stoop to my level? Do you ever fully read my posts before you respond? Or do you just pick out what you can make a confusing response to attack attack attack someone. I think you should go back to your old way of thinking.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-16-2007, 8:02 AM Reply   
Heat molded technology is awesome and makes a very comfy and great fitting boot. To say heat molded do not last as long as standard close toe is just speculation. heat molded boots have not been out long enough to compare. I truly believe that the incident that happened to pinklady's husband boots is a separate issue from the heat molded inserts. These bindings are nothing like the CT Shanes or Watsons. Only way to compare to to own both and ride them equally. My bud had a hinge tech binding that broke...but absolutely loves the binding still..the fit, comfort, etc. Just a fluke that it broke and has not had a problem once with the replacement.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-16-2007, 8:53 AM Reply   
Is this not a Ronix thread?
Scott why do you keep bringing up CWB in a Ronix Cell thread?
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-16-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
innov...a previous post said that maybe the issue was because Ronix are heat molded boots that was causing the boot liners to separate. Just putting perspective on the issue by comparison to other boots. That's all. Not picking on brands. I like them all.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-16-2007, 10:50 PM Reply   
The heat molded liner is what sold me on the Cell boot. I rode 32's snowboard boot when they came out with heat molded liners back in 2000... they were awesome. Never any problems with them, but the liners were removeable and were never submerged in water over and over again. Ronix will get it dialed for next year and should have less of these problems. new company= new problems. no big deal if they honor their waranty and so far, ronix has been good to me.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-17-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
scott beleive it or not ur the one who normally starts stuff on these ronix issue posts.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-18-2007, 5:47 AM Reply   
Adub said it best. I am stating my opinion. Everyone is entitled to post their opinion. That is what I am doing. I am not going to be censored because some do not agree with my opinion. Which I stated before and I will state again. This is my opinion: All board companies have...and still do...have issues from time to time with board and bindings breaking. No one is perfect. It is under warranty...so who cares...it will be fixed or replaced. Very cool concept, especially when you are plunking down good money. I like it when posters put up pictures to show the problem they have had. If they don't..who is going to believe them. Especially when they make repetitive comments bashing a company. Old saying: seeing is believing. Makes me aware of potential problems that could happen with my own gear. Even if it is not the same model, but the same brand of board...it makes you aware. Ronix is in their first year..I think they are a great company who is runned by innovators in the industry. I know being their first year, there might be issues. But those issues will not change my opinion of Ronix or any other brand for that fact. They are all good brands and from what I have heard and seen, they all stand behind their product.
Old     (dtownwakeboard)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-18-2007, 7:51 AM Reply   
Scott you are free to post what u feel but you definately attack others in yor "opinions"
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-18-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Joe, you should have not started it with jerome way back when you did your original post about your Ronix One cracking: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/421453.html?1174045909 Let's face it, we are both guilty of personal attacks. And frankly I am sick of it. Seems to be that it has become a game of who can slam who last. I have kindly stated my opinion in my last post here....without attacking anyone....did you even notice that? I just wanted to sum up my thoughts why I and others on here like to see pics of your issues. No attack on anyone. Please re-read post..and let there be peace once and for all. Others on here I am sure are getting tired of it too.