Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    bmanİ            04-28-2003, 7:01 PM Reply   
any tips on pulling this off?
Its a ts backroll with a fs 360 all with a grab, correct?
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2003, 5:27 PM Reply   
i don't believe a grab is required to call it a pete rose
Old                07-27-2003, 7:02 PM Reply   
I believe a Pete Rose is a grabbed toeside backroll with a blind 180...
Old     (bigjessup)      Join Date: May 2002       07-27-2003, 9:48 PM Reply   
Pete Rose - ts back roll front side 360

Grab donest really matter, just makes it look alot better.
Old                07-28-2003, 4:17 AM Reply   
You're right... I must have read the description on wakeboardingmag.com incorrectly. But, Higher Learning says that the grab is required...
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-28-2003, 3:32 PM Reply   
in detention parks says grabing the board helps or atleast reaching for the board as if you were to grab helps which may be where some confusion came from}}
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-29-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
Get very comfortable your toeside roll to revert and your toe side 360's first. The do a toeside roll to revert and keep taking it through to a blind landing.
Old                09-05-2003, 10:48 PM Reply   
In a pete rose a slob grab is required. It also sets you up for the handle pass better. The actual rotation is weird because after you grab the board and pass the handle your spin direction actualy changes. It's like you undo the revert part of the roll. If you come up short on the landing you go out the front. That is where the name comes from.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-06-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
Acually, it's a method grab. The rotation is not exactly smooth, but there is no change in spin direction.
Old                09-06-2003, 9:25 AM Reply   
i want to try one also, is there any tips on it?
Old                09-07-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
pete rose's can be grabbed method, nose or slob. Usually nose.
Old                09-10-2003, 4:40 AM Reply   
so does anyone have some tips?
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-12-2003, 3:21 PM Reply   
wow brian. you can't land a ts front roll but you're going to try a pete rose? you got balls. can you do a ts backroll to revert like matt said? i would get really comfortable with that first...
Old    bmanİ            09-12-2003, 4:08 PM Reply   
lol look at when i posted this.. april 28th.. it was wishful thinking i guess
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-01-2003, 12:42 PM Reply   
ive been working on pete's for about a week, i got the grab (method,) got the rotation, got the handle pass, but im landing on my heels and slipping out on my bum bum, anyone got any pointers to not allow this to happen because i really really really want this trick. ive done the same thing probably 15 times....grab, handle, rotation, land on board, bum bum
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-01-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
as we always say kyle, video video video. though it's funny you're falling out the back, as a common problem on the pete is people under-rotate it and fall out the front (and thus the name as everyone says).

remember, this is a ts backroll to revert with a bs 180, and a common problem on the backside 180 is over-rotating it and sliding it out. sounds like maybe that's what you're describing here.

another thing that would cause you to over-rotate this in that manner would be throwing the flip too hard. make sure you get nice pop and go up for your backroll. if you're spining the flip fast you'll have a hard time keeping your feet under you on the landing, just like a regular ts backroll.

make sure your shoulders are staying over your feet as you're coming out, like this:

pete1
pete2

*shawn watson pics courtesy of bump films higher education dvd

(Message edited by deepstructure on October 01, 2003)
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-06-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
Landing on your heels and slipping out is the most common problem I've seen and experienced with the Pete Rose, despite the origin of its name. Make sure you are landing bent at the waist and with your knees also bent. A lot of people push their hips forwards as they try to pass the handle which causes them to land on their heels. Don't focus so much on the pass, but more on just pushing the handle into the right position. You might want to just land wrapped, or with very late hadle passes, the first few times. If you feel you are over-rotating the spin, try to spot the prop wash (behind you) as you land. Good luck.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-08-2003, 2:52 PM Reply   
shawn watson is better than me, hahaha, yeah thanks for the tip, it is totally a mental thing, i mentally am just like, dont under-rotate and in doing so i definately huck it to hard and over rotate, fun trick though