Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (imnotawoodpusher)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-30-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
I'm am in market for a 07 or newer looking for around 42k. Can every one tell me the difference I know the length. I know that the lsv went to new hull in 08 . So if any one has one for sale let me know also what the difference in [B][B]wake, gph, and which way i should go LSV or VLX

Last edited by imnotawoodpusher; 03-30-2010 at 9:11 AM. Reason: SPELling
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-30-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotawoodpusher View Post
I'm am in market for a 07 or newer looking for around 42k. Can every one tell me the difference I know the length. I know that the lsv went to new hull in 08 . So if any one has one for sale let me know also what the difference in [B][B]wake, gph, and which way i should go LSV or VLX
The LSV hull changed in 08 and the VLX hull in 09. From what I have heard both old hulls and both new hulls are great. Not really sure where you are going to find any of those 07 or newer for 42 other than a stripped down or high hour 07 VLX though?
Old     (okcwakebrdr)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-30-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
X2 ^^ Ya i agree, for 07 or newer. Either one of those boats will be $50-52 range. But best of luck to you. There might be somethin out there for that.
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-30-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
Gonna be tough finding an LSV for that price that isn't older than 07. We have an 05 LSV that we picked up for a little less than that (and was a steal) last year. The the hull is the same on the LSV 04-07. As far as differences... The VLX will have a better stock wake. But if you are going to load it down and put extra weight on top of stock, in my opinion, the LSV has one of the best wakes out there. For us it was a no brainer with all the extra interior room and storage. We've had 12 big boned adults and it was very comfortable. All personal choice though. Some prefer the wake of the VLX and its smaller size for towing/storage. Both are great boats. Good luck with a fun decision
Old     (imnotawoodpusher)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-30-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
One of our local dealers may be getting 6 lsvs in that range in due to some ski schools closing I just wanted to see what else is out there. Defintly gonna add more weight than stock ballast I heard that the LSV sucks down like 4gph more than the vlx with same motor just didin't believe it.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-30-2010, 11:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotawoodpusher View Post
One of our local dealers may be getting 6 lsvs in that range in due to some ski schools closing I just wanted to see what else is out there. Defintly gonna add more weight than stock ballast I heard that the LSV sucks down like 4gph more than the vlx with same motor just didn't believe it.
I think the LSV weighs about 400 more dry so I guess if you add the extra fuel, ballast, gear, running surface, etc it may be pushing that 340hp motor too hard. I would imagine the difference would be less if the boat had the big block or the Hammerhead.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-30-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
You could always look into the VTX, basically the same hull as the VLX, but a little over a foot shorter. i got my 07 for 41K
Old     (blindmnkee3)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-30-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
If you're going with the Monsoon and will be adding weight you HAVE to prop up to an Acme 1235. Took us forever to get on plane with approx 3500 lbs in ballast last year. This year added the 1235 and am hoping to be able to bump up the weight, hehe
Old     (aaudii5150)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-30-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
We have an 07 LSV and LOVE IT! Two of our good friends have the VLX and the VTX. Both love riding behind our boat, always hear something like "that wake is so fun!". I'm not that good so I'll take their word for it. We rock stock ballasts(1600lbs I think), wedge and usually about 8-10 people.

As for the boat, we love everything about it!
Old     (imnotawoodpusher)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-31-2010, 8:10 AM Reply   
Vtx is to small it not a issue of finding the boat just wondering what you all would buy and why
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-31-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
I'd recommend that a monsoon in a VLX or LSV would better preform w/ a OJ 468 prop even over the Acme 1235. The LSV is 102" beam vs the VLX is 98" some like the wider wake others don't. Properly loaded the LSV has the potential to produce a better surf wake. I know several that have have LSV's w/ the monsoon and they work just fine, if you plan on loading them up w/ a couple grand of extra ballast plus a full boat load of crew it might stuggle a bit even w/ the OJ 468. If you plan on cruising around to a ride location keep in mind these lower props are great to get out of the hole and hold speed superb, but on average the rpm's are ~800-1,000 more than the stock prop typically an Acme 537. The monsoon is the only engine across all Indmar lines that has been trouble free and rock solid, we all like more power but.... The dash on the '08 LSV is different than any other boat in that model year, most of us commented we didn't care for it and viola it didn't make it past one year. You can upgrade the '08 dash to take advantge of some of the '09 model year options, ushc as Malivue. The '08 will stiff have some of the warranty left provided it's got less than 300 hours, the '07 is most likely out of warranty. As the dealer if the hull warranty can be transfered, they'll need to do the inspection and costs ~ $275.

Regardless which boat you pick I'd recommend extra weight up front, these boats need it imho.