Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ers906)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-15-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
I am new to this group, and have read a ton of old posts regarding older boats and which ones people recommend. I am looking for a boat to primarily wakeboard and wakesurf behind (i consider myself around the intermediate skill level). I have several boats in the general vacinity that I am looking at (price level around 23K).
1. 2000 tige 21V for 23K- ~400 hrs, good condition, TAPS w/no ballast
2. 2001 Centurion Air Warrior 22900. waiting to hear on the hours and accessories, etc
3. 1998 Centurion V-drive 15K ~336 hrs w/350 merc mag 280+hp
4. 2001 Malibu Wakesetter VLX 17K 325 hp ~350 hrs
5. 2001 Centurion councourse 20K

My other option is a 1995 MC Maristar that needs almost everything redone. the transmission is perfect, but I would be either rebuilding the motor (it is 285 hp now) with much more lower end torque to help with the larger guys getting up out of the water, or putting a new engine in completely. I would also plumb all new ballast system, new guage panel, upholstery and tower. So I could make it as custom as I would like for about the same cost as those other boats. My biggest question on the mastercraft is how well do the do transitioning them into a wakeboarding/surfing boat (I know that they are the same hulls as the early X-series).

Anybody/everybody please give me your opinions! I need to make an EDUCATED decision. And if there arwe other boats that you know of for sale please let me know, they do not need to be there companies or models. I am looking for a boat to last me the greater part of the next decade. I am not afraid of elbow grease so a bit of work isnt a scary thing for me
My appreciation in advance
Eric