Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-16-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
ok i finally got to demo a slingshot yesterday. first off let me start by saying i suck at wakeboarding so im probably not the best person to be giving a review but since i seem to be one of the only people who have ridden it im giving my 2 cents so take it for what its worth.

i rode the recoil board, this is their 3 stage board that is suppose to be the most like a normal 3 stage wakeboard. ok first off i was riding the 142 (way too big for me) and the stance of the boots were way to far apart for me and i didn't have a screw driver to change it so i had to make due.

ill start with the boots, the boots have a really nice removable inner liner with nice heel cups, they have their own lace system. then the outer boot has a double lace system with really nice heavy duty laces, so you can really wrench hard on them!! which i like. so there are 3 seperate lace systems on the boots, which is fine putting the board on out if the water but taking the board off in the water was a bit harder, still not a big deal, with the lacing system you can really get your foot in there snug! they felt great, by far the best boots ive ever ridden!

now to the board, like i said it was the 142, very big for me at 5'9" and 125lbs but i made due and it still didn't feel as big as i thought it would. the board was very fast and edged very hard, there was no sliding out on this board! it was very sticky which i personally prefer a board a little looser but i know that wont help my riding. i still had no problems on lip slides and surface and ollie 180s. no going wake to wake felt great, almost effortless, the board popped amazing and landed pretty soft for a board that is completely flat on the bottom, you could deffinitely feel the flex here. so the board edged great, popped well and landed well. sounds like a winner to me :-)

all and all i loved the board, like i said im not a great wakeboarder, snowboarding is more my thing. i felt more at home on this board than any board ive ever ridden! those who saw me ride it said how much better i looked and rode on it.

i can't wait to ride one thats actually the right size for me :-)