Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-13-2013, 5:38 AM Reply   
Anyone interested in Wake the World Denver let me know. I am flying out for a planning meeting on the evening of March 7th. Send me your email if you are interested in being involved with a WTW this summer.

Greg
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-13-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
Can't help personally but you can count on Boat Bling to donate product for all volunteer boat owners. Please keep us posted.

zack@boatbling.net
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-13-2013, 11:42 AM Reply   
Send me some details, I'm in Denver
chris@technologyresponse.com
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-14-2013, 5:24 PM Reply   
Chris, I have added you to the list and Zack, I will keep you posted!
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-14-2013, 5:42 PM Reply   
What kind of involvement are you talking about. I might be interested.
Old     (ilboarder12)      Join Date: May 2009       02-14-2013, 6:04 PM Reply   
Greg, what is wake the world? and as eric asked what kind of involvement?
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-18-2013, 7:41 AM Reply   
The backbone of the day are the boat volunteers. You bring your boat with your toys and you share the day with 3 or 4 kids from the group home or foster care. Nearly all of these have never even been on a boat. The first time you accelerate away from the dock, the day becomes magical for them.
We also need volunteers for lunch and some events have supper. There are usually goody bags and t shirts to plan for as well.
Here is a link to one of our videos:
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-19-2013, 5:30 PM Reply   
Send me some more information at ericwuest@comcast.net. What lake are you planning to hold this event at? Only people with a death wish ride the public lakes here and wakeboarding boats get pounded with the chop so badly that you can't do anything more than park and float. I'd hate to see some poor kid get run over by a jet ski or a scarab because you chose to hold the event at Chatfield or Cherry Creek Reservoirs.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-20-2013, 6:06 AM Reply   
I think I could be part of this, I would have my family though so I would be limited to 3-4 kids max. But my kids are excellent boarders & very helpful & kind so it would be great for them as well. Email me racer808@gmail.com
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       02-21-2013, 1:26 PM Reply   
zack..is that open for all wake the world events or just the Denver one?
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-23-2013, 11:35 PM Reply   
Eric, Our events are always on a weekday for that reason. We haven't decided on the location yet. Hopefully we can get that worked out either at the meeting or before. I have added you & Jack to the email list.