Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old     (pc332)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-30-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
I was riding this weekend in my first tournament and my board snapped in the middle of my run. It's an '08 trans plat. So anyways, I talked to CWB and they are replacing it and in the time in between I was just gonna ride my 05 absolute plat. I went out with some friends last night and the same thing happened again. My absolute plat snapped right down the middle just like the transend. Now I have nothing to ride! Never hit any sliders or anything. I posted a pic of the transend plat, but I don't have any pics of the absolute cause it just happened last night. Is there anything that I can do? Will CWB back me since its a few years old? Thanks

Upload
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2008, 7:19 AM Reply   
you know what CWB stands for right...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-30-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
Connelly Wakeboards or Connelly's Will Break?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-30-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
that is pretty sweet looking... welll err uhhh... in a bad way of course... but it is kinda kool to see the rods and stuff inside.

seems i always hear CWB has one of the best customer supports. it doesnt hurt to ask or even mention it to them.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-30-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
As a guy who will probably never even come close to breaking a board, I'm amazed at your ninja-like board-breaking skillz...what trick were you throwing when it happened?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-30-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
Crappy Wake-Boards
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-30-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Oh please, I have just as much, if not more warranty claims on other brands I sell then CWB.
The platies will break, they are light, but C-dub stands behind there boards.
It doesn't matter if the board is a few years old, as long as it hasn't hit sliders, they will replace the board.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-30-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
You know one good way to get a definite answer is to do what you did on the Transcend. Call CWB. Everyone on here will just say stupid stuff about CWB or guess if they'll replace it. If you talked to em once, talk to em again.
Old     (dblockklsoldiers)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-30-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
They'll replace it for sure as long as you haven't hit sliders.
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Were your bindings good and tight? Looks like it broke right under the binding on the screw holes..
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-30-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
Hope so, Hyperlite is the only one out there with a lifetime warranty
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-30-2008, 9:54 AM Reply   
Time to go on a diet?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-30-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
My friend has broken 3 transcend plats in a month. Each time they replace it. His current one has 2 extra layers of carbon fiber. I think it is holding up better.
Old     (pc332)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-30-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
Ha, thats exactly what I was thinking Dan!
rp, yes the bindings were good and tight. I did my first trick and someone on shore said they heard it snap and I think that since the bindings were tight they were what was holding it together and when I went to do the next jump, it just exploded when I hit the water.
I just talked to CWB and we've got this all straightened out. I just thought it was crazy that I have been riding for this long and all that I have ever seen are small cracks and never have seen a board completely snap and all of the sudden, two in four days.
Old     (220_superstar)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-30-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
Nice Work! I'm a Big guy and I went through that a few years back broke 8 boards over a summer 5 cwb's 3 Hyperlites, Both have good customer service cwb's has faster service. Only happened when I took tricks into the flats and landed tail first in the back seat. I had to work on my form (went to a camp in FL and road with Dean Lavalle for a week) and have since not broken any boards..
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-30-2008, 12:57 PM Reply   
You must be going big these days or something. Sounds to me like you'll be getting a new '08 Transcend and a new '08 Absolute. They'll replace both of them.

Steeze... Hyperlite finally implemented their lifetime deal because CWB was killing them in the warranty department. I've never known anyone that broke a CWB and didn't get it replaced with a new one. The only exception is if the board had hit sliders.

FWIW... The plattys do break. They're super light and stiff. Eventually something has to give. That said, it really depends on the rider. I can go seasons without breaking those boards, but I've got friends that can break one every set. All boards will break eventually if you ride them hard enough.
Old     (rpayer)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-30-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
Well glad they are taking care of you. Big props to CWB warranty! I just received an '08 Faction last week from a warranty. Didn't involve a broken board though...
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-30-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
My buddy Kyle broke two Ronix boards last month!!! Guess it's not limited to a specific brand.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
I always hear of CWB's awesome warranties, hype is great too though.

How bad does the fall hurt after you break a board??
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-30-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
Just broke my 08 Marius last week and it wasn't a platty. Broke in the same place. Took a backroll w2w pretty big and cased the wake a little and heard a noise and looked down as I rode away and noticed my board was broke. I never thought I would break a board. Cdub sent a new one out next day and my dealer gave me a loner for a week or so.

I've seen a friend break 2 Ronix One boards last year and another that broke a hyperlite. Has anyone broken a lf board?

Is it just me or does any one else think that boards and bindings only have about a year of good riding in them.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-30-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
I was curious about the severity of the crash on a broke board too. I had a friend break a ski a few years back jumping the wake. Looked like he decided to drop a ski and slalom right after he landed but it was the wrong foot. It had rods running the length of the ski that held it together or else the front end flying off could've done some real damage.
Old     (bhurt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-31-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
its probably cause your a fatty ....fatty
Old     (pc332)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-31-2008, 7:46 AM Reply   
Eat your heart out Hurt! Ha
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-31-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
I have only broken two boards (well 3, but one wasn't riding) but both didn't snap in half like the one above. Both of mine were inserts being ripped out of the board. The 3rd was taking screws out of a board which was a 5 year old 2000 Hyperlite Fluid. In all three Hyperlite replaced the boards with brand new current model boards. Great customer service considering one of the boards was 5 years old!