Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-14-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
This weekend I want to try taking pics from a tube. i dont know if thats what you call it, its the round thing that you can sit in... anyways, I want some tips.. Ive never done it, do you ha ve any advice? how close should I be? Tell me anything you know cause it will be useful to me!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-14-2005, 10:35 PM Reply   
what camera will you be using?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-15-2005, 7:40 AM Reply   
a digital camera a Canon SD200, it doesnt have much zoom, just 3x I think.But it takes good pictures. I bought the housing and I want to use it taking good pics!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-15-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
the thingy is called a "tube"... A single person tube should work just fine for photos.

Make sure the sun is in your riders eyes (so it's coming over your shoulders) pics in the early morning or in the evening work the best.

If you don't have a wide angle, then just guess-timate. with the rider in the water, hop in the tube, have the boat driver take the slack out. Look through the view finder and see if you need to have the rube let out some more or brought back in towards the boat.

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-15-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
thanks... ill let you know how it works out!
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-15-2005, 5:28 PM Reply   
Cristina,

Here are a few pic that I shot with my wife's (A-95)point and shoot Canon.

The hard part will be timing your shots with a camera like that. They are slow to focus and capturing peak action can be tough.

Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-15-2005, 9:18 PM Reply   
Walt - nice pics and nice PS work on the second pic!
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-16-2005, 3:30 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave.
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-04-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
What waterproof housing do you use when taking pics from a tube?
Are the glorified plastic bags OK, or do you need to spend in the high $$ range to get an acceptable housing??
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-26-2006, 4:02 PM Reply   
I would have to say hold on tight and just make sure the water is a smooth as you can get it... I have a few shots that were taken with a point and shoot waterproof camera...
Upload
Upload
Upload