Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    sperbet            04-03-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave23 View Post
I'm no Kobe fan(in fact I hate him), but you think his career is only "average"? He's won 4 championships, a NBA Finals MVP, one NBA MVP, a gold medal in the Olympics, 11 time All-Star, 2nd most points in a NBA game (81) and he's probably going to set a handful of Lakers records as well. And you still think he's "average"? Lay off the haterade and realize that Kobe is a GREAT player.
This is prety spot on, and I absolutely HATE him too. I do tend to think he's a bit overrated in the grand scheme of the NBA and the history of the game, mostly due to the modern media machine. However, to say he is an average player is ignorant and makes you look silly.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-03-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
Anyone see the Andrew Bogut injury tonight? That was quite possibly one of the most disgusting injuries I have seen.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-03-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
david, that was nasty! i'm not going to speculate, but it looked like he dislocated his elbow, which could be worse than breaking his arm since dislocating could mean torn ligaments and such.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-04-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
Joe, I think that's what ESPN said when I saw the injury on there last night. Butler's (WVU bball) knee injury was equally as bad.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-04-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-04-2010, 8:00 AM Reply   
I'd like to thank both the Thunder and Bucks for their work yesterday......

Losing Bogut is going to derail what has been a surprising season for that team....
Old    sperbet            04-04-2010, 4:33 PM Reply   
ahhhhhh, gnar. that's too bad, Bogut has been having a great season and MIL has been rolling. He's finally been living up to the #1 pick status, hopefully he's able to make a full recovery.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2010, 4:50 PM Reply   
As a young Wisco native .... it sucks to see that.

I don't remember ever seeing them do very well to now.... oh well.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-04-2010, 11:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
However, to say he is an average player is ignorant and makes you look silly.
Does it though??

Ill break this down for you slow brained folk.

Kobe broke into the league right when Jordan left. The media was desperately seeking for the next "MJ".

Lakers during there title runs: You take shaq out for injuries there record an average 12-11. Take Kobe out there record 25-7. LA had a better record without Kobe. Claim Bull? Thats fine, but if you watched them play, a selfish Kobe continually took poor shots as a young buck. Kobe playing through Shaq, was when it worked.

Kobe has underperformed significantly. How many great players have shot under 40 percent in the finals? Kobe has done it, not once, not twice, but 4 or 5 times.

Volume shooter is what he is. A volume shooter. Julius Erving shot .506 , Magic Johnson shot .520, Oscar Robertson shot 485, Larry Bird shot .496, and Michael Jordan shot .497 for their career. Kobe has also shot worse than the players playing today that will eventually make this list Dwyane Wade and LeBron James. Kobe around .455.

LA wins when Kobe doesn't shoot much. When Kobe shoots 21 or less shots the Lakers are 39-3. Show me the stat like that for Jordan? Wade? Lebron? There is not one..

Kobe is not a leader. Lebron gets everything he can out of a non talented team, does kobe? No Kobe would rather walk out on his team and demand to be traded.

Kobe clutch? Nope, not as clutch as some surrounding players in the league. Stats prove that as well. http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

Want to compare and average player to a champion.
Michael Jordan:
16 seasons.
6 rings.
6 finals MVPs.
10 scoring titles.
1 defensive POY
5 MVPS

Volume Shooter:
13 seasons.
4 rings.
1 finals MVP.
2 scoring titles.
0 defensive POYs.
1 MVP.

Seems pretty average when compared to greatness...

Last edited by mjfan23; 04-04-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-05-2010, 7:03 AM Reply   
Wow, I am so upset right now. I missed the game on Saturday night and just saw a score at the end of the 3rd and saw they were killing the Suns, so I didn't bother to go read anything about the game until last night. Wow!!!! In the back of my head all I kept thinking was, I hope Bogut stays healthy. He joins the long list of Bigs who just can't stay healthy.

Damn! I thought they had a real shot at stealing a series from somone. I'm sure Skiles will still have them playing competitively, but that just sucks!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-05-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post

Want to compare and average player to a champion.
Michael Jordan:
16 seasons.
6 rings.
6 finals MVPs.
10 scoring titles.
1 defensive POY
5 MVPS

Volume Shooter:
13 seasons.
4 rings.
1 finals MVP.
2 scoring titles.
0 defensive POYs.
1 MVP.

Seems pretty average when compared to greatness...
So by your stats theory.... Would you say that Michael Jordan was an average player compared to greatness....

Michael Jordan:
16 seasons w/ 6 Championships .375 Championship rate.
1 DPOY .063 DPOY rate
5 MVP's .313 NBA MVP Rate

Greatness
13 years w/ 11 Championships .846 Championship rate
3 DPOY .231 DPOY rate
5 MVP's .385 NBA MVP Rate
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-05-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lebron gets everything he can out of a non talented team
The Cavs really are not that untalented without LeBron. Granted not fantastic, but easily equal to or better than what Kobe had in LA before Gasol came over.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-05-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
To me comparing players of this generation to the likes of Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc. is useless. Hardly any of the "greats" of today have accomplished cr@p compared to those guys. In this day the media hype's these guys up so much. Not that they don't deserve the credit, they are some of the best players in the NBA right now. I don't think you start labeling someone as "one of the greatest" ever until their career is finished and you can look at their whole body of work.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-05-2010, 9:42 AM Reply   
David, I agree with you in a lot of respects, however, in Bird/Magics day being a great basketball player was enough. Today you have to be a great athelete first to even make the league. That's what made Jordan so unstoppable in his era. Look at LeBron, the dude is a beast. He could play middle linebacker in the NFL. Just a completely different game.

Talking about comparing different era's. How many points would Shaq get in his prime if he could sit under the rim like Wilt or how many Championships and Defensive Player awards would he have if he could goaltend like B. Russel.

Shaq in his prime, in my opinion, the single most dominant player to ever play the game. MJ, in my opinion, can't touch him for dominance. Clutch, Jordan all the way. Taking 3 completely different teams to 6 NBA Finals in my opinion is much tougher than taking the same team, with the same coach, like Jordan did.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   
GO JAZZ!

Every game is big now.....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
WHAT A GAME.....

Durant is a MONSTER....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-09-2010, 5:43 AM Reply   
%$@!&%# Lakers....thanks for sitting Kobe.....
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-09-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
They sat Kobe because of a Knee issue. Just another sign of Volume shooters old age. wear and tear on his body has become to much.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-10-2010, 8:49 PM Reply   
Right, because so many 31 year old non-"volume" shooters are playing as well as Kobe. He rested his legs for two games because it's the end of the regular season. Do you really think Kobe would have sat out for something this minor if it was any other time of the season?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-11-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
No I would have guessed he would have played... Then after missing constant shots he would point to his knee and wince, or probably complain to the ref. With an end result of scoring 30 (people saying how great he played) although taking 45 shots having 15 turnovers.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-11-2010, 3:13 PM Reply   
Lakers struggles continue. Probably due to lack of talent....

Nice set up for a chance to shine, get the ball in the hands of your star, Pau for a three. Liked it.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-11-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
Somebody pllleeeaaaasssseeeee make the playoffs start so the Lakers will start trying again. What the hell was with that last play? Gasol, really?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-11-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
You didnt like that last play!?! Why, in the last shot I want the ball in my best players hands, clearly Pau.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-12-2010, 6:13 AM Reply   
^ I can't believe it came to that..... Kobe and Fisher (80%+ free throw shooters) both had 2 free throws with what, like 5 sec left?!
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-12-2010, 7:27 AM Reply   
I've been seeing this around the league. Chicago beat Cleveland even though they were up by only 1 for like the last minute-and-a-half. Chicago missed 4 freethrows in a row and Cleveland kept trying to give it to Sideshow Bob, I mean Varejo for a gamer winner. Complete pathetic basketball. I know for those still fighthing for position there is probably some good ball being played, but it seems few and far between. Let's get the playoffs started!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-14-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
Well, I think the Jazz will blow it tonight.... Have the 2 or 3 seed at worst, in their own hands....and at home, but will lose to the Suns and end up in the 5..... ARUGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Boozer looks doubtful, Klinko is doubtful at best.....

I need a miracle!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
so no miracles and no homecourt for jazz. suns are playing well.
Lakers w/ homecourt throughout the west would not suprise me to lose in the1st round. They think they can flip the proverbial switch...but there isnt one. They just dont play well and havnt the entire 2nd half of the season. Theyre a weak shooting team that takes bad shots and doesnt make them, they forget to run the offense and almost all are playing hurt. A pedestrian effort at best nightly. I would be really suprised if they came out of the West. Durant, Westbrook and OKC could run them off the court and torch them. I think Dallas is more talented, deeper and playing better.
Cleveland has all its eggs in the 2010 title basket. They made the trades, paid the $, rested their 25 yr old superstar the last 4-5 games and have to win. If they get upset...Brons gone and it was all for zip.
So lets get the 2nd season started!
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-15-2010, 10:25 PM Reply   
I think the Lakers definitely took the second half of the season and the Western Conference race for granted. After the start of the new year, they looked like they were just killing time waiting for the playoffs. That being said, they played under .600 in the second half of the season and STILL got the best record in the west. I think they've all been longing from the playoffs and we'll see them turn it up big time.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2010, 10:44 PM Reply   
I wish Bogut wouldn't have gotten hurt.... it would have been nice to root for my state's team, with him there I think they could have caused an upset or two as well.

I hope the Cavs do it this year.... Shaq is healthy now too right?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-16-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
Klinko is out for the Denver series.....tweaked the calf again in practice.... THAT SUCKS.... He plays Melo pretty well.... Things not looking good for the Jazz....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-16-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
Let me start my ^$&%#ing early, CJ Miles SUCKS.....
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-16-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
OKC are a good young team... and Durant is a terrific player.. but the Lakers will prevail. They've always been a different team in the playoffs. Lakers in 5.

E.J. - I'm definitely pulling for the Jazz... hate the Nuggets! GO JAZZ! First time I've rooted for them since Malone and Stockton ruled the team.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-16-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
E.J. - I'm definitely pulling for the Jazz... hate the Nuggets! GO JAZZ! First time I've rooted for them since Malone and Stockton ruled the team.
Cheer loud....they're going to need the help......
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-16-2010, 2:31 PM Reply   
I'll pull for the Jazz too, over the Nuggs anyday!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-16-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
I think this may be a set up.... Lakers fans just want to see the Jazz in the second round....
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-16-2010, 3:23 PM Reply   
No, no, no , ok, well, yeah.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-17-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'm rooting for the Jazz just for that reason. We'll have a much easier time with Utah than with Denver.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-18-2010, 2:30 PM Reply   
Phils banter all week about Durant and gettin calls has paid off... The Lakers given every call imaginable today.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-18-2010, 3:03 PM Reply   
again, eric showing his dipsh*tness.

personal fouls

thunder - 21
lakers - 27

yep..the refs sure were on phil's side. and there were quite a bit of intentional fouls committed by okc in the last minute.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-18-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
Joe use your noggin, or maybe you are...uh oh..

Its not about how many fouls are called its about the fouls. Pau got gifts all night long.

Suggestion for Kobe... Watch how melo plays, get better.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-18-2010, 10:10 PM Reply   
Suggestion for Eric...Pay attention to basketball, stop speaking.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-19-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Hahaha, I love it.

Suggestion to Eric: Don't watch more basketball... keep coming here and spouting the same nonsense every day. It keeps me very entertained!
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-19-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?id=5107909

Quote:
Richardson sounded off on both Garnett and Pierce after the game.

"I was trying to get over there to take the ball out of bounds and [Garnett] started to talk to me, so I talked back. I don't have any business talking to him, he was on the ground crying. I don't know what was going on, two actresses over there, that's what they are.

"I just get surprised by people's actions when I know them better than that. They're not those characters they portray. They're not who they say they are, Garnett and Pierce, they're good basketball players and that's about it.

"I said to Jermaine, he's OK because I knew nobody touched him," explained Richardson. "Is he taking another break like he does so many times? Sometimes he falls like he's about to be out for the season and then he gets right up, that's all I said.
Could Richardson be any more spot on? I've never really been a big fan of Pierce and I don't really mind KG, but their antics are getting rather annoying. I never really noticed how Pierce likes to take plays off or "cries wolf" to fake an injury until reading what Richardson had to say about the little mini scuffle. Does this bring back any memories to far Lakers fans involving a wheelchair and Pierce making a "miraculous comeback?"
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-19-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
I like Pierce and Garnett MUCH, MUCH more than I like Richardson....but you are right, he is spot on....

Jazz are in SERIOUS TROUBLE.... 2 of their top 4 players are done for the series.... Memo being done for the next 9+ months.... Guess they can now play with zero pressure, just run and have fun....but done like dinner IMO....
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-19-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Sly : "Suggestion for Eric...Pay attention to basketball, stop speaking."

Liz: "Don't watch more basketball... keep coming here and spouting the same nonsense every day. It keeps me very entertained!"

You must be new here, my basketball knowledge is greater than yours... I have played at higher level than you.

My advice to y'all: Take the brilliant words I speak as facts, because that is what they are.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-19-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
Considering that I've never played one minute of basketball in my life that wasn't HORSE.. you're right! You have definitely played at a much higher level than me. Nice job!

Where has all of that knowledge and experience gotten you Eric? A nobody clinging to LeBron's jock, wishing you had one percent of the talent and fame that he has? Congratulations!
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have played at higher level than you.
Because, as we all know, the only people qualified to comment on a subject are those that have experienced it personally. Just like how members of congress are the only ones who are qualified to speak about and make decisions regarding politics. Oh, wait...

Richardson is saying what everyone already knows. Pierce, especially, is the greatest actor (and baby) in the NBA.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-19-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Where has all of that knowledge and experience gotten you Eric? A nobody clinging to LeBron's jock, wishing you had one percent of the talent and fame that he has? Congratulations!
Me playing at a high level has given me the knowledge and wisdom about the game of basketball and that I can share with pawns to the game, such as Joe. No worries Joe, your welcome.

About Lebron, I wouldn't even call myself a Lebron fan, not sure where that point came from. Id much prefer to watch Melo play. I did however watch Lebrons high school team get buried by a team I personally buried scoring 28. Advice to Lebron : Play more like me, apparently.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-19-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-19-2010, 1:30 PM Reply   
had you mentioned that you're in med school, that would've solidified your case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
I did however watch Lebrons high school team get buried by a team I personally buried scoring 28.

does that mean the other team scored less the 28 points total?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-19-2010, 10:39 PM Reply   
utah vs denver - if you didn't like game 2, you don't like nba basketball. what a game!
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2010, 11:07 PM Reply   
Way to go, Utah! Good, good stuff!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2010, 5:41 AM Reply   
That was a fun game last night....

Utah has nothing to lose and can play loose. In the end, with no depth.....I fear they cannot continue to do this. Having at least a day and often 2 days rest will help.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-20-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
Deron Williams was a monster. So easy to get into the weak minded melo, 4 off. fouls... Go Utah!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-20-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
Lasts nights game was terribly officiated both ways. Denver has some serious defensive concerns.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-20-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
the Mavs are going to take it all this year. Dirk is on fire! shot the highest % with the most points the other night of any player in over 20 years
I think he had 30 points and over 80% shooting
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-20-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
Of all the teams in the NBA... I'm most concerned about the Mavs. They're having a great run!
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-20-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
The Mavs picking up Butler was huge. I wonder if the Lakers would take him back?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
post-butler era:

wizards = no ring
lakers = 2 finals appearances, 1 ring

why would the lakers want him (and his salary) now?
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-20-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
I never said Butler is the sole reason to how great the Mavs are playing. He is just one piece to the puzzle, just like he would be on any other team. You don't think having him on the Lakers would make them any better?

Quote:
"In that situation, when I turn the corner and I see the rim, it doesn't matter if there's a guy in front of me or a guy behind me, I'm going to attack the rim at it's highest level,'' James said. "And that's what I did tonight. I knew I got around him and I didn't believe he was going to jump. But once I saw him out of the corner of my eye, I decided to jump just a little higher.''

Last edited by dave23; 04-20-2010 at 1:48 PM.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
I never said Butler is the sole reason to how great the Mavs are playing. He is just one piece to the puzzle, just like he would be on any other team. You don't think having him on the Lakers would make them any better?
can one really guarantee that this player or that player will FIT IN w/ another team? on paper, artest is a much better player than ariza. are the lakers better this year than last year w/ ariza? nope.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-21-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
Artest was playing some monster championship D last night. Now if the Lakers can get their offense going...
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-21-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
Agreed. Defense has been tight so far.. offense is another story.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-21-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
Last nights LA game was great... I was pulling for OKC just to make it interesting....
The Durantula just wasn't clutch enough.

After last night I think the Bucks are dead too, not that I expected them to go anywhere, but it would have been nice.... PHX decided to show up too
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-23-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
Lakers... what in the world was that 4th quarter? What a complete and utter travesty.

Odom.. care to show up and remind us why you're being paid 7.5 million per year? Thanks.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-23-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lakers... what in the world was that 4th quarter? What a complete and utter travesty.

Odom.. care to show up and remind us why you're being paid 7.5 million per year? Thanks.
Odom is the biggest waste of talent ever. I have said this for years. The man has all the ability in the world and still manages to suck.

Ron Artest is a highly overrated defender. Guys like Kenyon and the kobe stopper laugh at his lack of ability.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-23-2010, 10:23 PM Reply   
Why don't we ask Ruben Patterson how well that "Kobe Stopper" defense worked. Oh, wait. It didn't . Artest is the single most effective defender on just about every star in the league. Obviously you haven't been watching the series. Artest held Durant far below his season averages for the first two games, and even defended him well in the third game.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-24-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
If Artest could just hit a shot or finish at the rim, he'd work as well as Ariza. Odom has been Pathetic. Note to Lakers, run your offense for 48 minutes, take the rock inside to your bigs. 30+ threes spells disaster. Still, the champs can take game 4.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-24-2010, 12:26 PM Reply   
Nice win by the Jazz last night..... Not sure how long this will last, playing without 2 starters....but it has been fun.

GO JAZZ!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-24-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Park_Mark View Post
Why don't we ask Ruben Patterson how well that "Kobe Stopper" defense worked. Oh, wait. It didn't . Artest is the single most effective defender on just about every star in the league. Obviously you haven't been watching the series. Artest held Durant far below his season averages for the first two games, and even defended him well in the third game.
Please.... A younger Kenyon would check Kobe one play, then check Shaq the very next. Artest couldnt dream of doing that.

A talking player owns Artest. Durant is not a talker. Get in Artests head and he crumbles, throwing punches. Jordan would have a field day going up against this clown.

Last edited by mjfan23; 04-24-2010 at 1:35 PM.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-25-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
ESPN had a nice little video with George Karl on SportsCenter this morning. If I can find a link I will post it later.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-25-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
ESPN had a nice little video with George Karl on SportsCenter this morning. If I can find a link I will post it later.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=513...goryid=2378529
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-25-2010, 3:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nice video... Denver not having Karl has really hurt them, two completely different coaching styles. Hopefully everything works out with George Karl, to return or not return thats meaningless.

LA fans where be you? haaa
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-25-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
LA fans where be you? haaa
The Durantula must have killed them off
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-26-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
I'm a Wakeworld user strictly Monday - Friday from 8-5.

What is there to say? The Lakers are sloppy, lazy and apparently don't give a crap if they leave in the first round or make it all the way to the NBA finals.

I feel a bit like I'm in the twilight zone at the moment. The Mavs are down 3-1... (seriously??) the Nuggets are down 3-1... what is going on in the playoffs?? The top teams are being picked apart. WEIRD.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2010, 8:50 AM Reply   
I think the West is VERY tight, going in....I think the only surprise loss in the first round would have been LA. Injuries probably changed that a bit.

With Roy going down, that made a Portland win seem difficult at best. Same with Memo and Klinko with the Jazz and their series with Denver.

If I was an LA fan, I would not be too worried.... Though if I was a Dallas fan....yea, I'd be worried.....

GO JAZZ!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-26-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
I'm really not worried about beating OKC and escaping out of the first round. I am worried, however, about continuing in these playoffs with this current mentality. These Lakers will never beat any top team in the West.. or even get close to the NBA finals. I know the Lakers will win this series, but what happens after that? Something has to change or it's going to be a much earlier vacation than expected.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-26-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
Maybe having a close 1st round will be the kick in the rear that gets the Lakers going. They've acted like they're immortal all season and now they're seeing that they're not. I think (hope) that they'll adjust their game. It's a huge mystery why they haven't been fully utilizing the biggest advantage they've got, their size in the post.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-26-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
The Lakers are sloppy, lazy and apparently don't give a crap if they leave in the first round or make it all the way to the NBA finals.
Quote:
I'm really not worried about beating OKC and escaping out of the first round
Wow! Really? I think it's time for you guys to wake up. You unleashed a beast. The one thing OKC was lacking was confidence, that is no longer an issue. Yeah, LA has been out hustled, yeah at times the Lakers have been sloppy. But they have just been outplayed by younger fresher legs and a team with a hell of a lot of talent. OKC had a chance at game 2, they have played increasingly better ever game in this series. I would not be surprised to see LA drop this series in 6.

Westbrook is crazy talented, that kid is unreal and he is not even the best player on his team. It's all about matchups in the NBA and in my opinion, this is just not a great matchup for the Lakers.

That being said. What a joy the 4th quarter was in game 3. Sorry Laker fans, but to see them get handled by OKC was sweet. To watch Durant score, come down guard Kobe on the defensive end with no help and block his shot, then come back to down the court and blow past Kobe for another score, was sweet. I kind of felt like it was a passing of the crown. Like a change in time occurred in that moment. I felt it, and after the game Kenny Smith said the same exact thing. You just felt it.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
Kobe is a good point.... If his knee continues to bother him, not to mention the finger....it may be a HUGE factor in the series.....

Though the Lakers should be able to get by the Thunder with a 75% Kobe and a healthy rest of the team. Pau, Lamar, Artest and Bynum should be able to get them advanced....right?