Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-30-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
I have an 05 Wakesetter LSV and the speedo has been out for some time now. I'm not too concerned, as I use the perfect pass speed and my tachometer works fine, but it would be cool to go ahead and get it fixed and working.

Are there any quick fixes that I can try before having to take the boat in to the dealer? I've checked the wiring at the speedo, but that's it.

Thanks!
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-30-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
On my 07 you can get to the paddle wheel from the transmission access area (rear center seat&tray). See if the air hose is connected to it. If not re-connect it and test. If so, remove the hose and un-screw the nut (not in the water unless you like excitement). Inspect the paddle wheel to make sure it spins freely. My paddle wheel has a little fin on each side and one got mashed into the wheel from the bunk on my lift. I bent the plastic fin back straight and it has worked fine since. If your air hose is connected (and has no kinks) and your paddle wheel is good, you are beyond my help. Good luck.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-30-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
Sweet. Thanks for the tips, Kevin...
Old     (kevin_lsv23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-30-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
I forgot to tell you if take out the paddle wheel assembly, make sure the arrow on top of the paddle wheel points to the front of the boat when you put it back in.