Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 01, 2007

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-29-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
Which one is a better subwoofer when hooked up to a e1400D JL amp?}
Old     (bhileman)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2007, 11:36 PM Reply   
JL makes the best subs on the market. Very durable and when powered properly have a clean sound. Not to familiar with the MTX. My parents have owned a stereo shop all my life and from all the subs i have seen in my day the best so far is JL. Is the 12w3 your looking at dual voice coil? The e1400 should power that w3 nicely at 4 ohm.

(Message edited by bhileman on April 29, 2007)
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-30-2007, 5:46 AM Reply   
MTX.....JL are way overpriced for what they are IMO. If it's going in a boat there is better out there.
Old    Ben Kerran            04-30-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
Aqua-I think I responded on an earlier thread concerning the 7500's. It's funny, I have the older model 12W3v1's in my truck (and the 7500's in my boat). I had always used JL speakers up until I put the MTX subs in my boat. Both sets are good speakers. Both will do well with the e1400. I would say Personal preference and/or whichever you can get a better deal on.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-30-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
Yeah thanks I did but I did'nt know about the JL until the other day. Both are the same price $127.00 so I'll go with the MTX cause I like the way it looks and the good stuff you said about it.