Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-20-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
I've been looking for an older pwc for a while for wakeskating but then I came across this video of these guys using jon boats and thought this would be much better cause I could bring a couple friends and a radio and just have better times on the lake with one. The only question I have is how much hp do I need to pull a wakeskater comfortably?

http://www.alliancewake.com/skate/el...h-nick-dauzat/
Old     (gdavid)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-21-2010, 5:39 AM Reply   
It really depends on the shape of the boat's hull and the combined weight of boat and crew. I used to ride behind a 14' aluminum john boat with a driver, a spotter in the boat. It was an old (by old I mean 1958) 25 hp sea king motor (2 stroke). We probably weighed about 135 -160 at pounds each at 15 years old so I'm going to say the total weight of the boat and two people was about 500 to 600 pounds and pulling a 160# rider. You had to have your deep water starts pretty spot on and be pretty patient to get up but we managed.

If you could do dock starts it would help as will a 4 stroke motor.

Last edited by gdavid; 05-21-2010 at 5:41 AM. Reason: typo