Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-01-2011, 7:06 PM Reply   
Video on his facebook page.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-02-2011, 5:00 AM Reply   
Saw that.

Also the 'oh yeah, almost forgot, I did this w2w 1080 too' post.

Kid is mad modest - likeable - so good for the sport. Unreal rider.

He's just on some other level 'ish has been for awhile but the Facebook stuff lately is bananas.

Rarely is it edited, 5 slo-mo versions, etc. It's just so casual.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-02-2011, 5:48 AM Reply   
the kid is crazy!! its unreal the things he does
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-02-2011, 5:54 AM Reply   
Additionally it should be said that while some of his Facebook/casual stuff is double up tricks, a good plenty of them are not - lending an additional level of credibility and respect to it all.

This ole 5 thing, and the 10, wake to wake. Legit as hell.

The pic of him doing that crazy ts oa 7 looks like it's being done off one of the biggest double ups I've ever seen.
Hip to water, my man is 15 feet up and more than slightly inverted. It's incredible.
No matter - he's excellent for the sport, period.

Rathy's right, he's one of the best riders the sport has ever seen. And that's coming from one of the best riders the sport has ever seen. So...

Last edited by juniorhawk; 02-02-2011 at 5:57 AM.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-02-2011, 7:20 AM Reply   
this one? (Stolen from Harley's Facebook. Not sure who took the picture.) :-)
Attached Images

Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-02-2011, 7:33 AM Reply   
Yes that's the one.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-02-2011, 7:36 AM Reply   
wow
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-02-2011, 7:40 AM Reply   
Okay so can somebody post the page that Harley has these videos listed on. I HATE facebook. I have this overwhelming fear that my miss doings of my angst filled youth will come back to haunt me if I join a social network. Like, "hi Andy remeber me, I would like to introduce you to your 7 year old son.....btw you owe my $50K in back child support." I know a stupid fear but I did a lot of really dumb/bad shiat when I was in my early 20s. Anyway, I am basically being forced to join this thing, I know Harley appears to have multiple pages I just want to ask to "friend" him on th correct page.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-02-2011, 8:08 AM Reply   
You don't you just need to friend any one, you just need to have an account. Just make one and you're done. I don't get what the problem is Andy. It can be stealth.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-02-2011, 8:17 AM Reply   
I already did that. I this his Page...
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/har...25074477504047
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
I wanna see the vid! Where is it?
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
^^^ That's what Im saying!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-02-2011, 1:50 PM Reply   
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....50172883998696
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-02-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh FACEBOOK SUCKS! It hates me, these links never work. I created a stupid profile I am logged in and I still get the video unavailble Message! I quit!
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2011, 2:20 PM Reply   
This is what I get

"This video either has been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings."
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-02-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
Me Too-
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-02-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
Why cant everyone just use Youtube!
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
I wasn't able to see Harley's videos on facebook until I sent him a friend request. Other people have repeatedly said they can see his videos without being his friend though. I'm going to just guess that they are friends with someone who is friends with Harley, since I think facebook has a viewable by friends of friends option in the privacy settings. So just speculation, but you probably gotta be facebook friends with Harley or with someone who is.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-02-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
which FB page is his there two out there, which one does he post vids on???
Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-02-2011, 2:36 PM Reply   
Youtube or Vimeo

Facebook sucks
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-03-2011, 1:23 PM Reply   
Dear god, that kid is BOOTED in the above pic.
Like I've said before, if I had the talent Harley has in his little toe, I'd be 10X the rider I currently am!
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-04-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
maybe i'm not seeing it because of the angle from the boat. does he ole 2x or what is he doing with the handle? if he ole's 2x is that essentially an (double) ole 9? i dont mean to get into the rotation/flip debate, it just helps me understand what he is actually doing
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-04-2011, 12:47 PM Reply   
Jeff S, You are correct that it is essentially a double ole' 9. Harley gets to call it whatever he likes, so I guess it will be a ole' back mobe 5. Sounds good to me, haha.

And yes, that picture above is insane!!
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-04-2011, 3:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
which FB page is his there two out there, which one does he post vids on???
He has a personal page and a fan page. Unfortunately the one where he posted the recent videos and picture is his personal page where his number of friends is limited. So if he's full and can't accept any more friends you might have better luck being friends with someone who already got in before he hit his limit. You can always try sending a friend request to his personal page in case he's freed up some spots. Otherwise you can like his fan page and at least see the posts, pics, and vids he puts on there.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-05-2011, 2:05 AM Reply   
I didn't extrapolate from that photo that it was all ole' stuff. Is this something you guys have on good authority that he did not pass the handle here? Till I saw it forwarded as a theory here it didn't dross my mind. Harley is bananas enough to do that, handle pass style.

There's a CWB rider, tall'ish, short brown hair, name isn't coming to mind, that did a pretty crazily inverted HS BS 7 in a WBM video instructional which he was about this inverted - no ole - also not that high. This guy isn't with CWB anymore... agh. That name.... going to drive me nuts until I remember.

So - ole you guys? For sure?
It doesn't diminish it or anything, I just don't "see" it but I know a lot of you are much more in the know than I am up here in the frozen tundra of New England.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-05-2011, 2:47 AM Reply   
Also, my apologies. Harley is a friend on Facebook for me, so I do see this stuff. I am in complete agreement that its not a very good sharing mechanism.
Harley himself (or whomever operates his Facebook presence) can publish out public links to photos, but not to videos. I just tried myself with one of my MIND BLOWING wrapped 3's. 4 feet!.

It didn't work.

I take back what I said, Andy, if I came of a like a turkey burger.

So, for whatever reason (most likely offering up bandwidth to non-registered users) Facebook borks non-reg'ed and non-friends of users for this sort of thing, therefore making it a poor way to distribute video content. Anyone with FRAPS or something like that could run a grab on it but I'm not going to do that - if he wants it on YouTube, he'll put it there - it'd be foolish for one of us to do it "for him" unless he tells me himself to do it in which case I am on it (hear me Harley?). I do think this is a really odd limitation within Facebook's open/sharing business model. Facebook can't offer up some video content? What is Zuckerberg's off buying too many jetpacks to let us see Harley Clifford's recent achievements?

Ok now I am looking too far into this.

Last edited by juniorhawk; 02-05-2011 at 2:54 AM.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-05-2011, 6:05 AM Reply   
I'm curious to see if everyone can view this or not. Please let me know if you don't see it. I can only see it if I'm logged into Facebook and I believe I'm "friends" with Harley.

Last edited by wakeworld; 02-05-2011 at 6:08 AM.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-05-2011, 6:42 AM Reply   
nope David cant see it!
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-05-2011, 6:46 AM Reply   
Dave, I can see it and I'm on FB but not friends w/ harley
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-05-2011, 7:29 AM Reply   
I can see it, I'm logged onto Facebook, but I'm not friends with Harley. That was sweet looking!
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-05-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
Hey Erik, we were referring to the back mobe 5 being ole', not the toe back 7, I'm pretty sure that was a standard off-axis, handle-passed 7. I wasn't sure if that's what you were asking about, but I thought I'd try to clear that up a bit.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-06-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
casual and modest are one thing, and for sure great. But seeing the frustration that some have with viewing his stuff, which is his marketed product, it would be a smart professional decision to direct people to a harley website/blogspot where he can track and show visits and popularity to current and potential sponsors, and share the same stuff he does via facebook. He could even direct people there from his facebook.......
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2011, 11:33 AM Reply   
It could be on Vimeo somewhere, I usually find most of them posted there. usually as an external link. but I could be spitballin' here
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-07-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
Ninja!!! Steez