Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2014, 7:55 AM Reply   
I am putting together a bachelor party for a friend of mine and I am looking at possibly doing Austin. Probably rent a condo downtown through VRBO or HomeAway from May 9-11. One Idea I had for Saturday is to head over to Lake Travis. The downside is that no one rides, so this would just be a booze session. I would prefer to not have a rental boat because that would require one of us to be sober, which is not realistic. Does anyone know of any boat rental companies that do a booze cruise deal? I have reached out to Austin's Boat Tours, waiting to hear back. I have never been to Austin or Lake Travis so I know NOTHING. Would love to get some feedback from some people. Thanks for your help.
Old     (onthecreek)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-22-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
lake travis is around 35% of capacity. it's not really a lake right now, more like a river winding through canyons of what used to be lake. there are videos on this site (middle of the page) http://www.lcra.org/
just for fun has party boat rentals, or used to. you can pretty much get as crazy as you want and the lake is pretty quiet now with all public ramps high and dry.

lake austin really is a river, below the dam that creates lake travis. great water or boarding but pretty boring for party boats. austin party cruises has pontoon boats but i don't think they get too crazy. never been on one. most of lake austin is lined with homes so you're never far from scrutiny or shore since it's really just a river.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-22-2014, 10:48 AM Reply   
make it easy...just take a cab over to Hula Hut/Ables on the lake ( Lake Austin) party there.....ur on the water.
Old    bigdtx            01-23-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
Old    bigdtx            01-23-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
Buddy of mine sent me a pic of his boat sitting on the dirt next to his dock back in August. It's not just California - drought in Texas is extreme too.