Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-30-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
I would like to see what your guy's input/help would be on selling our boat. I have it listed here on WakeWorld but have had only a couple people ask about it. I will put it on Onlyinboards here this month of December. I feel it's priced right but maybe not, and we do need to sell (work is getting really slow) but yet I don't want to give it away either. Thanks for any input you may have.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-30-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
can you post a link to your boat for sale?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-30-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
Wait till after Jan ( boat shows) most people get sticker shock when they see what a new one costs. This time of year is slow IMO.

But if you want to sell it quick, price is gonna sell it, drop the price untill it sells. Have you tired listing on ebay?

something I considered a while ago.....do you need a car? some car dealers will take boats in on trade. ( u can take advantage of the tax savings that way)
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-30-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
Onlyinboards.com is the place to go to sell your boat for sure. It needs to be priced right to sell this time of year. I think your boat is the 05' Malibu and no matter how well it is priced most people are concerned about all the hours. We all know that a properly maintained boat can run for a long time, but the truth to the matter is that is a ton of hours in most peoples minds. Good luck with your sale and I suggest dropping the price to what you really can take for it and let it go if you need to get rid of it.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-30-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
Since WW put restrictions on user classifieds, I do not think it gets traffic like it used to. If you can make a couple more payments, interest in boats will pick up Jan-May and you can hit Craigslist now or whenever since it is free and would start spending a few more dollars to get your boat out there with the local paper and national marketing in boattrader and only inboards in Jan-Feb.
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-30-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
Ian,
Here is the link here on WakeWorld. Hope I did this correct..

http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield....php?view=1328

Thanks for the replies, yes it has quite a few hours but has been taken care of and anything it ever needed it got with brand new original or better. Might have to wait till closer to spring and really hit it advertising hard to get her gone. Once again THANKS!