Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    ridinhigh            06-12-2003, 4:26 AM Reply   
Does anyone else have a problem with their speaker housings (maybe the speakers themselves) rusting? I have four Titan speakers and they are beginning to rust at the bottom. The rust is dripping onto my bimini top and hopefully the discoloring will continue to come out and not stain.

Also, one of the speaker grills came off last night and I'm looking for a suggestion as to what to use to repair. I need something that is strong enough to hold the grill in place but not too strong in the event repair needs to be done.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-12-2003, 8:29 AM Reply   
use household caulking. Works great
Old    hlboatsnboards            06-12-2003, 8:54 AM Reply   
caulking prob would work great, but should that be up to us to do? I personally feel that if I am buying a speaker for my boat should it not be rust proof somehow?

I have a pair of tunatunes2 and the speakers look great, but the grille on them are rusting...looks awful!

B
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-13-2003, 1:46 AM Reply   
silicone rtv for the grilles, new speakers for the rust, Hint infinity speakers or at least the ones ive got have a composite (not metal) basket= no rust on the basket but the grilles were rusting, darn saltwater...wheres my boeshield at
Old    hlboatsnboards            06-13-2003, 6:13 AM Reply   
my grilles are all rusting and my boat hasn't seen salt water EVER!

B
Old     (jimmyjam)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-13-2003, 7:15 AM Reply   
I had the same problem with my Kickers. I used exterior grade silicon caulk for the grilles and also fouud that the screws that mount the speakers to the box were rusting and replaced with stainless. Hope that helps. Yeah, you're right that we shouldn't have to do this to "marine" grade speakers.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-15-2003, 10:32 AM Reply   
RUSTOLEUM or grill heat resistant paint