Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2006, 2:37 PM Reply   
I was reading the Prop's To rivers end thread>
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/349882.html?1153933264
Keven along with others was giving thanks to the marina guy for helping them out. I to thought well thats cool for the Marina guy to be helping you out but then I thought $20 to launch and park your rig is that realy a deal? I would think that more place's would have some sort of assistance/guidance personal with helping people on and off the water. Most places justtake your $20 and they are done with you. We all know the cluster "F" some ramps can be when pulling off IMO lots of this could be avoided if there was a ramp atendant that helped out during busy times.

If you have ever launched at Lake Tahoe at the Key's marina they have it going on. The ramp would be a mess with out them. The ramp adendants line you up take your money and then go threw a check list with you, Does your boat start? Are your straps off, Is your plug in? ect. They just help you along so you wont be cloging the ramp and they can launch more people. To bad more places are not like this. It makes a way better day on the water if you know getting on and off are gonna be no problem.
Old     (wakerider23234)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-26-2006, 2:50 PM Reply   
lake chedin in va has 2 ramp one is free but not really a ramp. but the one i go to is either 7$ each time you go or 120 for a full year
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-26-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
WE have several ramps here on the river.

All the idiots use the free one (big surprise!)

Other ramps are between $50-$100 per season, or $10 each time. Well worth the money IMO. I try to stay away from the "new" boaters.

Bling, do people really need a check list?? I thought those things were just common sense.
Old     (lowbowtie)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-26-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
I was thinking the same thing. I mean does anyone actually know that there boat isn't going to start before they try it. ("Hey kids lets go sit in the lake today, our starter should be in next week.") And if someone cant remember to check their own boat, do you wanna be on the water with them?

Anyways, the lakes in Arkansas are much cheaper in comparison: $3 a visit or $30 for an annual pass.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-26-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
lake sammamish wa. is 5 bucks to launch and if you are just parking it is 5 bucks too. Its not too bad but it still sucks considering tax payer money paid for it in the first place.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-26-2006, 5:05 PM Reply   
Belews Lake, NC. Couple of free launches which are crazy. The main marina is $10 a launch or $100 for the year. Not a bad deal.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
Quote: Bling, do people really need a check list?? I thought those things were just common sense.

You would be suprised at how many people dont know they have a boat with a dead battery. I personaly have forgot to un strap the boat from the trailer, Woop's. It seems when you get near the ramp after a 2 hr drive and all the excitment of getting in the water and out the lake so I can see how some people might need a little reminder
Old    mendo247            07-26-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
i live 2 minutes from the ramp and when i see the lake glassed over i go into stupid mode!! i usually catch myself and catch my mistakes before they happen, but i always make myself slow down and tripple check everything...
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-26-2006, 6:13 PM Reply   
I'm extremely lucky. I have access to a private ramp that is used only by a local company's employees. 2 years I've been using it, I've only had to wait in line a couple of times. There the occasional dumb ass that wants to stop half way up the ramp to strap and detail their boat, but a nice little "Get the f***k out of the way!" always work.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-26-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
Most of the ramps in Tennessee are free. I have There are 6 within 10 miles of my house. A few private marinas charge $3 - $5 for parking. I avoid those.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-26-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hey buddy, its KevIn... haha. At least River's End is only $10 not $20. But yeah, all too often people forget the simplest things like plug or straps in the excitement or rush of getting the boat in the water.

(Message edited by ktmwakeboarder on July 26, 2006)
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
Disco Bay is $20
Tahoe is $20
Tulloch is $20
Thats where I got the $20 figure I guess it varys where you go. I was just complaing about the fact that the person that usually takes your money could but dosent help you in any way. And if they did mabey they could launch more boats and make more money????
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-26-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
Free every place I know of in Ohio. $7.00 at Lake James in Indiana.
Old     (fyrdawg29)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-26-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
Lake Berryessa in cal. is $13 for day launch and year pass is $275. Makes me jeaslous when i see guys paying $7 for launch.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-26-2006, 8:09 PM Reply   
Grant- I understand your point and totally agree. The price of what you are getting is pretty ridiculous
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-26-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
I don't like paying $7.00.
Old    wblwake            07-26-2006, 10:27 PM Reply   
White bear Lake in MN the publics are free but suck, no concrete just dirt and mud.
But there is a pretty nice launch that I use for bout 35 a year.
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-26-2006, 10:31 PM Reply   
lake sonoma $3 per day and $30 for a year pass
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2006, 10:50 PM Reply   
Brett, which area at Berryessa is $13? Steel Park is $20 at Berryessa, and there's a free one also but I'll never use that one again.

The people that work there rarely do anything to help move things along.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       07-26-2006, 11:30 PM Reply   
I was at Berryessa for Memorial day at the Berryessa Marina Resort, and there was guy there that just directed traffic for the boat ramp and helped people locate spots to park. It was totally helpful and the guy wasn't a dick even after all of these morons still managed to mess things up. (see guy parked perpendicular on ramp trying to load boat)

I was also at Lake Anderson and there was a Ranger sitting in his truck, and on on the dock and neither did anything to help out the clusterf* that ensued. 4 lanes, people parking their boats right near the water line, HOW DO YOU LOAD WHEN YOU ARE BLOCKING THAT SPOT!!!

It would just make sense to have someone out there, but then these people probably should be doing something but just like everything LAZINESS PREVAILS!
Old    2upboarder            07-27-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
its just 3$ a pop where i go (rogers landing on the willmette river here in oregon). we didnt used to have a fee but they just redid a whole new launch ramp and largened the parking lot so i suppose they gotta pay for it somehow
Old     (lake_side)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-27-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
In ok it is free except the private lakes. There is something good about this state.
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-27-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
$65.00 launch all year at several ramps at shasta.