Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
I've seen some threads that are a couple of weeks old that mention lots of debris in the lakes. I'm looking for an update from folks that have been to:
Don Pedro
Melones
Oroville
Shasta
Bullard
(order does not suggest favorites

Thanks in advance.....
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-21-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
Was at Pedro two weekends ago. Did not see much in the way of debris. Mostly small stuff not big enough to cause damage.
You don't have McClure up on there, but I'll give it anyway. Was there this weekend. Again, not much - mostly small stuff and not a lot at that - but up the river arm we came across the occasional log/tree floting down river. When the wind picked up later in the afternoon it was nearly impossible to see some of the stuff through the chop until you were right on top of it.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-21-2010, 2:25 PM Reply   
Lots of wood @ Pillsbury but getting better.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-21-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
Was at Oroville weekend before last and there was a ton of debris. From little pieces to full trees. A lot of it pretty water logged too and floating nearly under the surface. We dinged our prop, it sucked.
Old     (helman)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-21-2010, 3:14 PM Reply   
Just got back from a week at Melones. Water rose about 2 feet while there. There is some debris in the north end where the river is pushing in...but really wasn't too much past 2nd bridge. We mostly stayed in the south end around Tuttle and it was clear. Lake is overall just terrible...nobody should go there
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-21-2010, 3:23 PM Reply   
LOTS of debris at Bullards 2 weeks ago. Water was at the rim so debris situation should get better at some point. I think some of these lakes also collect and clear debris with nets to prepare for the July 4th weekend onwards so should get better as summer really hits.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       06-21-2010, 4:12 PM Reply   
Bullards was a mess a couple weeks ago, was a miracle my wedge or prop didn't get dinged up while wakeboarding up the river arm. At time you had to practically slow down to 15mph when towing a boarder to navigate through the mine field. But the water level was at like 102 percent so hopefully it goes down.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
Pedro was clear last weekend.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       06-21-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
^^No douchebag owned X80s sinking.just below the surface?

I was at Oroville two weekends ago,and I couldn't believe the amount of debris in the water,not little stuff either,big prop killerz!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
Haha no X80 submarines seen. Although it was windy most of Friday and Saturday. Im pretty sure the best water we saw all weekend was when we were crossing the bridge on our way out Sunday morning!
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-21-2010, 9:06 PM Reply   
Hitting McClure this weekend. Hopefully no logs by the dam.

m-
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-21-2010, 9:30 PM Reply   
Spent last weekend at Shasta. Didn't cruise around too much but didn't see much of any debris.
Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-21-2010, 10:42 PM Reply   
Ride Melones a few times a week....
it is getting pretty clear even far up river....but I agree with Paul....stay away another 4 months and it should be fine! = )
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-21-2010, 11:31 PM Reply   
Oroville is notorious for floating debris. I have seen full log drifts before. It usually takes a month or two past Memorial to clear out completely.
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-25-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
thanks for the updates.
Old     (JSmith)      Join Date: May 2010       06-28-2010, 11:47 AM Reply   
Spent last week at Pedro didn't see anything.
Old     (Billy_at_Bullards)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2010, 11:08 AM Reply   
Bullards Bar finally looking nice and clear this weekend -
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
McClure was clear out in the Barret Cove area. Lake was nice a full. The marina's parking lot was a touch underwater.

m-