Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-30-2012, 3:37 PM Reply   
I have a shop in So Cal called Surfinwest Boardshop. I am looking for riders input, on what your riding, to better assist my order making! Thank you, all for your thoughts!

Trav
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       01-31-2012, 7:44 AM Reply   
Gotta have Ronix.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-31-2012, 8:10 AM Reply   
Humanoid
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-31-2012, 8:18 AM Reply   
LF
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-31-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
CWB is always a good choice
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-31-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
Ronix will sell the best.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-31-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
That's like asking which beer is better, but for what it's worth we've 5 CWB boards in house and have used CWB exclusively for the last five years (probably 10 boards now) with the exception of one LF board which the wife didn't care for and sold
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-31-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
Talk to the reps and see how it feels to you.
Pretty sure CM is the CWB rep and he has a great reputation.
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       01-31-2012, 10:42 AM Reply   
I just had a conversation about this with my local shop the other day. They carry a few lines that seem to be the same ones as all the other shops in the area. I would look at picking up one or two of the big boys then look for a smaller name company. I have seen so many cool boards that are not available anywhere in my area. As for me currently I ride LF but will be adding some new boards this summer.
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-31-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
Awesome guys, thank you for the tips, My shop as been around for 36 years solely with skate and surf, I recently bought in in September and brought in snowboarding, and now focusing on wakeboarding. Look for big things coming from so cal! hahahah .

Thank you
Trav
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-31-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
I ride CWB and have a Liquid Force Watson Hybrid for cable.My Wife rides CWB and she also has a Liquid Force Jett.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-31-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
I would pick up two big ones and grab maybe a smaller brand or mid size. So an LF and Ronix and maybe add a SS, humanoid,CTRL or Obrien. Gotta think other than just there boards but other accessories.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-31-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
In So-Cal its good to support LF as they are in Oceanside. Also the rep for them is Tim Walters and not only is he a great rep, he is a great guy, a great rider and works his butt off to push so-cal wakeboarding.

My allegiance has always been with CWB as they used to hook me up and I loved their product. Their rep is also a good guy and they have made huge strides in the west coast. Six years ago, new guys took charge and CWB was nowhere, now they have a good size following in the area and people seek the brand.

Hype & Ronix also have a good following. You may want to contact all and see who is looking to add a dealer. Where is the shop?
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-31-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
Ronix
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-01-2012, 10:32 AM Reply   
Small Light.... I have LF in here already, they were the first to come in, and my shop is in Simi Valley.
Ronix shot me downt this year, due to the fact that pre orders are already placed and products is produced... Next year its on..
Old     (Rad_Matty_D)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-02-2012, 3:06 PM Reply   
let me know if you want CM's e-mail.
Old     (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-02-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
might consider some wake skate only brands too, like remote or oak
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       02-02-2012, 9:01 PM Reply   
When buying my new board I spoke to a few local pro's about my decision. Some from LF, Indy, and ctrl, all sided with liquid force for having the best boards and the board style u buy is just personal preference for what u want it for. These guys were all cable riders so i dare say your choice for behind a boat would be different unless buying a hybid.

None of them liked ronix lol
Old     (rmotoxxx711)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-02-2012, 9:48 PM Reply   
Hyperlite, cases closed. Haha. Sick ass boards always on the brink of new technology, they do rider demos near your shop and unlike LF unforunately there warranites have fallen off. LF doesn't warranty much these days. Ronix makes quality product too
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-03-2012, 10:19 AM Reply   
Have to say LF has taken care of me on binding issues. I had some VERY minor issues with my watsons and they replaced them with 2012s and keep in mind my watsons were 2010s bought late in the year.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            02-03-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Have to say LF has taken care of me on binding issues. I had some VERY minor issues with my watsons and they replaced them with 2012s and keep in mind my watsons were 2010s bought late in the year.
Had those same '10 bindings and now rocking the '12 shanes they gave me covered under warranty.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-03-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
Hyperlite and Ronix for sure. I would also carry Slingshot with all of the cables meant to be opening up soon in SoCal (fingers crossed!!)
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-03-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmotoxxx711 View Post
Hyperlite, cases closed. Haha. Sick ass boards always on the brink of new technology, they do rider demos near your shop and unlike LF unforunately there warranites have fallen off. LF doesn't warranty much these days. Ronix makes quality product too
They warrantied my watson closed toe bindings no questions asked.I just sent them UPS and got a new set.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-03-2012, 4:51 PM Reply   
Liquid Force. They warrantied my board with a broken fin that was 2 years old.
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-03-2012, 4:58 PM Reply   
Ronix Hyperlite and slingshot humanoid or ctrl
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-07-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
If your not a nearly exclusive wake shop just stick with the big boys until you see how it's selling. CWB has alot of entry set-ups, Ronix is thought of as premium, LF and Hyperlite have huge lines and marketing. If there is a cable in your area or comming soon I would definately get some Slingshot, once riders start seeing them at the cable they'll all be looking for one.

Good Luck with the venture!