Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-18-2009, 2:05 PM Reply   
If a guy added an extra ballast sac in his boat, and used something like an Uber pump to fill it, how is the bag drained? Can someone explain this process to me?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-18-2009, 2:06 PM Reply   
Put the pump side on the bag and plug in. Oh yeah and hang hose over the side.

(Message edited by hate&pain on June 18, 2009)
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-18-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
Thanks for the effort, but I was looking for a little more info. I assume the Uber pump isn't reversible, so you have to fill it, then cap the bag. What about dumping it?
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-18-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
I'm about to buy some stuff, so I just wanna make sure I get the right parts. There's absolutely nothing local to me or else I'd go look.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-18-2009, 2:27 PM Reply   
Are you wanting to plumb it in?
This is what I thought of when you said Uber Pump
Upload

If it's this you just take the pump side that goes in the water and attach that to the bag side.
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-18-2009, 2:40 PM Reply   
Jon, it is really as simple as described above... instead of putting the pump end into the water, you hook it into the bag. The pump does not change directions, you just reverse how it is hooked up. Hope that helps.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-18-2009, 3:12 PM Reply   
So to go 1 way, the hose is in the water. To go the other way, the pump is in the water and the hose end is connected to the fitting (blue one on left) on the bag? Is there a check valve or something to keep water from flowing back out when it's unhooked.

Doing this, it won't be plumbed, just temporary.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-18-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
A local Centurion dealer that I do some work for has a 2000gph fat pump and a couple sacs. He hasn't given me a price yet, but it'll be close to cost. On Google those show a little more expensive then I found the uber pump for. Worth the difference or is the Skylon stuff any good? Obviously I'd rather support the local's so as long as the price is decent I'll pick up the Skylon stuff.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-18-2009, 3:39 PM Reply   
yeah put the pump in the water to fill hose end at the sack, cap it when full, pump up at the sac to drain hose going out, don't forget to vent the sac when filling to get the air out and more water in. The uber pump is pretty fast, fills/drains a 440# sac in about 4-5 minutes
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-18-2009, 4:54 PM Reply   
Just an FYI my buddy bought some ubers last year and had to go through 5 to get 2 that worked. He just had to go in and have them replaced but over the internet that could be a pain. The owner of the store said they had ran into a bad batch of them.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-19-2009, 5:42 AM Reply   
Okay, thanks for the advice guys! I'm gonna hold out for the local place here to tell me a price. He used these in his last boat and doesn't plan to have another one anytime soon.

Anyone know anything about the Skylon stuff? The pump is a 2000gph, 1 600# and 2 250# sacs.