Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (carloboy)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-21-2013, 9:03 AM Reply   
Hi Guys. Im new here.

I have a 2011 LF trip board and the base of it is wearing off due to occassional rail use.
What can I do to reinforce it? Since it is not grind base. Is there anything you recommend to put on the base like something i can spray on or apply on it? Fiberglass? Top coat? Etc.
btw, i wouldnt mind to sacrifice the graphics.

I know many of you will recommend to buy a grind/slider base board. Yes, I will have one but not anytime soon. Maybe late this year. So I wanna ride with this board first and use it on the rails.

Thanks
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-21-2013, 9:24 AM Reply   
I know that I am going to get destroyed for suggesting this, but try a little light wax on the base. It is by no means a solution, but reducing the friction might help you limp through the season.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2013, 9:40 AM Reply   
There is nothing you can do except buy a board specifically for the cable. I've used snowboard wax for boards that were sticky on the sliders, but it was pointless.
Old     (carloboy)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-21-2013, 10:08 AM Reply   
Thanks man. I'll give it a try. But what kind of wax? Im from Asia so snowboarding is not a thing here. Lol

Just wanna "toughen" the base a bit til I get a new board. I shred once a week.

Eyeing for CTRL or SS boards but problem is , stocks are very limited here, so i'll have to wait.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-21-2013, 10:17 AM Reply   
You can't toughen the base with wax. Watch out for CTRL's claim that they don't need a grind base on the one's that don't have it. They wear out fairly fast.
Old     (aljazp)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-21-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
I use epoxy on my non grondbase board. I grinded through the base (i could touch the wood core) and managed to fix it. it doesnt look new but it works great and grinds as new

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4