Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (party_foul)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-22-2009, 8:58 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if they make anything like perfect pass for an outboard motor?

Thanks
P.F. Wakecrew
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-22-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
i dont know about an outboard, but i know you can for an I/O with throttle by cable, pretty much the same concept right? i dont see why you couldnt, email perfect pass, hey will have an answer for you pretty quickly
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-22-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
I think you could do it with some of the electronic throttle control models but I doubt there is space to add a servo if it's mechanical. I don't know if anyone has the interface to control the engines already built.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-22-2009, 6:02 PM Reply   
The new Optimax and verado Mercs will work with Mercurys GPS speed control

There have been people that have used perfect pass on outboards
Old     (ghind)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-23-2009, 4:57 AM Reply   
It can be done but Perfect Pass wont help you do it.

What type of motor do you have

PP has been installed on Yamaha 2.6 litre carby engines including 150Vmax and 200. Mercury 200EFI and 200 big block optimax. Evinrude E-TEC 225HO.

What sort of boat do you have.

I'm a perfect pass dealer in Australia and I've done outboards quite a few times.
Old     (party_foul)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-23-2009, 12:45 PM Reply   
I have a Yamaha 150 four stroke on a huricane fun deck.
Old     (ghind)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-24-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
Hi John

I haven't done a Yamaha four stroke outboard before. If I had a photo of the engine with the cowling off showing the throttle at full throttle and at idle I may be able to suggest if it might work.

Would you be prepared to dedicate 16 hours of playing around with the installation? Are you handy with tools and can make a few basic brackets etc?

PP is awesome and works great on outboards but your installation will be a world first and it is harder on Yamahas in general because of the push throttle configuration.

Greg