Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-23-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
First off, Loving my D2's.
but i was expecting the snaps on the laces to hold better. On a heel-side edge, the spray will knock the laces right of the snaps. definitely not the strongest of snaps. anyone else having the same concerns?

I have been shoving the snaps/lace-pulls inside the boot, but that doesn't always work either. BUT today i thought of a new place to put the laces that i think will work (have not ridden with the idea yet). Put the lace-pulls/snaps through the square-shaped hole in the back/top of the outer shell of the binding.

while this idea might not solve lace dangle completely, it will most likely keep laces from bouncing around and getting tangled, or worse= getting under the boot.

hope this idea will help some of you guys riding D2s, or maybe there may be other suggestions out there that some of you slingshot riders have come up with?
Old     (jjett11)      Join Date: May 2008       06-23-2008, 10:56 PM Reply   
Jeremy, its Jason from BroStock, Orange & White SAN. I have those boots as well. Your idea is a correct one, put them through the square hole, they wont stay snapped but they wont fall under the boot either. i hate it when that happens. hope that helps. talk to you. Hey we might be coming back up to powell towards the end of July. i will let you know if you want to meet up one of the days
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2008, 4:12 AM Reply   
Same issue here with the snaps. Blow right off, and right away. Love the boots otherwise.

I stick the laces through the square hole also.

But I found the snap things a bit big and cumbersome to get through the opening, so replaced ends with plastic ends from a pair of old Hype bindings and a knot -- now works awesome, laces stay in and are easy to get out when you want to.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-24-2008, 4:40 AM Reply   
i wrap mine through the loop on the ankle harness. although last night i just broke the footplate on them again :-(
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-24-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
tie a slip knot right down to the plastic piece you cinch it down with. that way, nothing is dangling and it won't loosen as you ride. when you get done, just pull a string and you can loosen the boot.

or, lose all the plastic pieces and tie it like a work boot. if you do this, you can even change the laces all together.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
kool good to hear it is working for others
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-24-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
Jason J,

cant recall bumpin into ya at brostock. i am pretty bad with new names and faces though

But i am always down with riding with others, (especially WW folk) providing what little extra ballast my skinny lil' bod can give