Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through June 22, 2004

Old    upupnaway            06-21-2004, 5:02 AM Reply   
I just took my boat in for an oil change, and had a bad experience. Not really horrible, just bad.
What would you all do if you were in my shoes?

I have a Mobius, not top of the line, but my first and only boat, and I love it.
The place that I have been taking it to is a dealer that deals in one of the top 3 wakeboard boats that have Indmar engines. They have been very good over the past few visits, on time with service, and not too expensive.
Last week however, when the oil was changed, I went to pick it up after hours. The boat had a dirty shoeprint on the bow right behind the light, and another on the brand spanking new bow seat cushion. There was also an oily smear about a foot wide that ran from the interior cushion on the passenger side to the rub rail outside.

While it was in there, I had them look into ordering a new part that I wanted put on, they did not have it and were going to order it.
This is my problem. The place where I had the problem is a small business, recently opened. I am a big beleiver in supporting local business. Although they have been good to me before, I did not appreciate this. Right down the road is the pro shop where I have bought all of my boards, fat sacks, vests, ropes and handles, as well as every wakeboarding dvd I have. they have treated me like a valued customer from my first purchase two years ago. They are part of a giant chain of stores, dealing in mostly gigantic cruisers. Over the winter, they became a Supra/Moomba dealer, and now have mechanics that can take care of my boat from top to bottom.

SO, if you got this far, any help would be appreciated. Should I give the smaller business another shot, or should I go to the people that have taken care of me in every other aspect, now that they can fill my mechanical needs as well?
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-21-2004, 6:57 AM Reply   
so you have 2 places you can go? awesome.

if you gave the small shop a chance to work on it, you should also give them a chance to make things right. sounds like they didn't clean up when they were done, if that's it...i'd let 'em know the boat was dirty. if they want to help, they will try to do something. if they don't care, you have another place to go.

it's pretty easy for a mechanic or someone else to leave something dirty. if the manager doesn't care, don't take your boat back there.
Old    handyman            06-21-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
Give the first shop an opportunity to make things right. You picked it up after hours so maybe they were in a hurry to get it to you and overlooked the details. Ya just never know. If they choose not to make it right then simply inform them that the business down the road appreciates their screw up and happy boating.