Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (supraman11)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2006, 2:05 PM Reply   
We have a Supra sunsport 24v with wake board package and can't seem to get a good surfing wake.We can surf it is just we have to be about 1 to 2 feet from platform. We only fill ballast on side of rider. Should we fill some in the bow? We want to keep as much space as possible so we don't want any extra ballast.Any info would be great.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-18-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
You need more weight than stock on almost any boat. Just swap out the stock bags for bigger ones, very easy in Supras. I've played with a 24SSV a few times, and have only barely been able to keep up with stock ballast.
Old     (lake_lc)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-27-2006, 6:50 AM Reply   
Have you had any luck with surfing. I have a 24 also. tried once with not a lot of luck, but it was my first time.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
The 21V and the 24SSV are a bit touchy on the surf wake. Luckily, the wakeboard wake is fantastic and I don't think too much emphasis was put on the surf wake.

Having said that, I've been experimenting with my 21V as of late. In place of the stock 280lb rear bag, I have a 400 lb bag from Fly Hi in each rear compartment. I fill the port rear bag all the way. I take a Launch Pad Side sack (+/- 350 lbs) and put that on the port seats. Then, add a few hundred pounds of people to the port/rear side and it makes a respectable wave. It's long and you're set behind the boat a bit.

I haven't messed with any weight in the basement stock ballast or wakeplate settings much. I keep the wakeplate down.
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-03-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
We've got stock gravity bags in our '05 24V and can get a pretty good surf wake out of it with the right and front bags full and 3-4 people in the boat all on the right side/wake plate all the way up. You're right to say that the sweet spot is sort of close to the transom, but we haven't really had any problems with it. The wave definitely caters to the goofy-footed rider though as its impossible to get a good wake on the left side due to the spin of the prop - regular riders (like myself) have to break down and learn to ride switch or heelside on the right.

In terms of setting things up, I usually set the perfect pass to 14.5, wait to get up to speed and then slow it back down to 11.5. What speeds are you riding at?

(Message edited by thirdgear on August 03, 2006)
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2006, 7:14 AM Reply   
Change out the back bags for the 750lbs (FlyHigh W707) 3/4 in the front, 1/3 bag on the other side and some friends...

(Message edited by jamie lamar on August 04, 2006)
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
Upload
Old    buttskimmer            08-04-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
WAKE PLATE ALL the up!!!!!

Fill front and side you wish to surf - move all friends,gear coolers to same side.

Driver can turn the wheel to the left to aid in cleaning up the wake in the beginning. Shouldn't matter much after that. Speed 10.5 to 11.5 depending on pp/speedo setting - no need to speed up then drop the pp setting - just mash the throttle alittle harder on takeoffs and pp will do that for you.