Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    catalyst            10-27-2003, 3:10 PM Reply   
I was thinking about doing this rather than spend like 300 bucks. Why not just buy a big peice of polyurethane foam, shape the way you wnat, paint it fiberglass it with poleyester fiberglass and then seal it. It doesnt seem to difficuly and if u scre up on the rails a little it wouldnt really matte ras you arent recieving to force from a huge wave and ur only going 9 mph. Any further thoughs to this would be good.
Old    sdorovi            10-29-2003, 4:18 PM Reply   
hey it's called surfboard shaping been around for years it would still end up costing you being that your up in Canada and I doubt there are alot of shapers or guys that lay glass(nothing against Canada,I was born in Edmonton) you would probably have to find a blank dealer in the U.S. and then have shipped to you than you would have to shape the blank, than you would have to probably ship it to someone that does glass in the U.S. and whuala your board would be done for about probably $200 to $250 U.S. would it ride as well as a board shaped by someone who has studied board characteristics and understands how these characteristics are effected by rider weight, water conditions, riders skill and so on.
Take my advice shell out the $300 and go have fun immediatly, forget the headaches. There are companies that make much better boards than the landlock. ie; A-wakesurf board mfg. - shredd stixx - Inland Surfer and so on. Supposedly some of the big name pro surf board companies are gonna start jumping on the train too ie; Rusty, and so on. Go to I think it's www.wakesurfingmag.com
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-29-2003, 8:25 PM Reply   
or you could look for a used one. But hey it's worth a try, may be fun, and you would learn something!!