Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-17-2014, 6:41 AM Reply   
Welcome here Big, are you wanting more of a surf boat?
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-17-2014, 6:43 AM Reply   
Shima, it was a little more but under $4/gallon.

Big, where are you located?
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-17-2014, 8:35 AM Reply   
Shima, $3.77

I just topped off. I really like that back pumps area. Easy in, easy out and not congested like up front!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-17-2014, 9:56 AM Reply   
Thanks again for the info Matt! Do you want to try and empty the current gas tank before filling or does it not matter, and just slowly replace the old gas with the new pure gas through multiple refills?
Old     (BigJohnsonUT)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-17-2014, 8:47 PM Reply   
Hello all...

Matt we are in the Sandy/Draper area.

Also: We are looking for a good wake surfing boat but we don't want to sacrifice a good wakeboarding wake. Also we hit powell a few times each summer, so something that is good for running down the channel from bullfrog to rainbow bridge from time to time, etc. I love the look of the new '14 Malibu 23 LSV but im afraid of the rough water ride. Love the wake it puts out tho. MC is also good. The G23 may be the best for what we want though. We've previously owned MC, Malibu, and Centurion

Cant wait for summer!
Old     (jjolin01)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-19-2014, 10:03 AM Reply   
What octane is the pure gas?
Old     (CCWakerider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-20-2014, 7:31 PM Reply   
Ryan....I used your Bro Code today at Marine Products for a new wet suit. Thanks for the heads up, as they got us the Hook Up!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-20-2014, 7:44 PM Reply   
Right on Stephen, glad you guys got the hook up!
Old     (leblanc43)      Join Date: May 2014       05-29-2014, 5:06 PM Reply   
Hi all, my name is Pierre, I heard about this thread from Scott Browne. I live in Draper and usually ride at Utah lake and deercreek. I wakeboard/wakesurf behind a 23 LSV. I start working june 3rd. Once i start working i would like to ride once or twice during weekdays and can go whenever over the weekend. Usually need a 3rd rider. Hope to see some of you guys out on the water
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-29-2014, 5:13 PM Reply   
Welcome to the thread Pierre! I will be heading out of town but hope you get a chance to hook up with some of the cool guys/gals on this thread.
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-29-2014, 5:25 PM Reply   
Hi Pierre, welcome. I work weird hours so often can ride during the week. I'm no Ryan but I can have fun (Ryan you are the bestest - loved riding with you guys).
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       05-29-2014, 5:42 PM Reply   
Hey Pierre! Welcome to the thread. There are some great people on here.

If you ever need a 3rd, I am usually available Mon to Thurs (mornings/afternoons) and Sunday mornings right now. Always ready to help launch, clean up, throw down for gas etc.

-Rich
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-29-2014, 6:00 PM Reply   
Hey Jen & Rich, sorry didn't get a chance to ride yesterday or today but I've been still battling this bug I got over a week ago. I leave for Hawaii tomorrow and will be back on June 11th, and leave for Japan on June 19th. Hope we can ride one last time together before I leave.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       05-29-2014, 8:40 PM Reply   
I hope so too Ryan. Have fun in Hawaii
Old     (jsmith86)      Join Date: May 2014       05-29-2014, 9:21 PM Reply   
Name:  x-star.jpg
Views: 2431
Size:  122.4 KB

Hi all, I cant believe that I didn't know about this forum sooner. My name is Josh and I live in North Ogden so I usually spend my time on Willard Bay or up at Pineview depending on the day. I'm always open for new wakeboarding/wakesurfing buddies!! This is my boat if you see me out!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-29-2014, 10:27 PM Reply   
Hey Josh, welcome to the thread! Nice looking Xstar. I normally ride at Willard but I can't say I've ever seen you out there before. Hope to meet up before I leave town next month.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-31-2014, 5:50 PM Reply   
Welcome here guys!

Sweet ride Josh! I'm in Willard so I'll look for ya when I'm out and about

Dang Shima, I'm gonna miss watching the flyin Hawaiian behind the boat!!
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-31-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   
Ryan, have fun and I hope we do get out before your move! You too Rich!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-09-2014, 2:48 AM Reply   
Hey everyone, just posted my boat for sale on KSL.

Here's the link to the ad. Please let me know if you or anyone you may know is interested in buying it.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...22ssv&ad_cid=1

Thanks!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-09-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
Boat has been sold!
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-09-2014, 3:00 PM Reply   
Congrats Ryan!!!! I'm sure it was a bit bittersweet!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-09-2014, 8:15 PM Reply   
Thanks Jen, and yes, it was bittersweet. But at least it's one less thing for me to worry about when I move.
Old     (Safado)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-11-2014, 3:37 PM Reply   
Anybody riding this Friday?
Old     (Safado)      Join Date: Sep 2012       06-11-2014, 3:45 PM Reply   
Wait...Ryan, where are you moving to?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-11-2014, 3:54 PM Reply   
Greg, I'm moving to Japan next Thursday. My boat has been sold and will be going to it's new owner this Friday.
Old     (deltaRyder)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-12-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
Ryan-Wow. Well, good luck to you. You're a great guy.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-12-2014, 10:53 AM Reply   
Thanks Greg!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-13-2014, 9:16 PM Reply   
Friday the 13th has an even sadder meaning for me now. This morning was the final time I had my boat in my driveway. She is now with her new owners in Taylorsville.
Attached Images

Old     (CCWakerider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-20-2014, 5:25 AM Reply   
Hello everyone. I am headed off to Lake Powell for my first time next week. We are renting a houseboat out of bullfrog and we are taking the 23 LSV with us. Any recommendations on where to go to out of Bullfrog, and also more importantly, where "not" to go. Thanks in advance!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-20-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
Stephen ~ That's a pretty loaded question and it all depends on how much gas you want to spend. A quick and easy drive is right accross BF in Halls Creek Bay where you will find decent to great camping but it's usually busy being so close to BF. Excellent for riding since it's not all straight cliffs and your wake calms after a bit. Moqui Canyon is another popular spot with fair to good camping but also draws the crowds. A little bit of a drive either direction and you will be in haven since Esclante or Iceberg Canyon are pretty damn epic. Making a trip up to Good Hope Bay is LONG but worth the trip and if you want 6+ hour drive make it to the San Juan Arm and you will have epic water day in and day out.
Also don't short yourself with anchoring the houseboat. Winds come out of nowhere and they are strong and plenty of times HB end up sideways on the shore. Search the proper tech to anchoring a houseboat, better safe then sorry.

Last edited by downfortheride; 06-20-2014 at 9:09 AM.
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-20-2014, 8:23 PM Reply   
Is anyone planning on going out soon and wouldn't mind a newish tag along? would love to get out! Thanks!
Old     (jsmith86)      Join Date: May 2014       06-25-2014, 8:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen View Post
Is anyone planning on going out soon and wouldn't mind a newish tag along? would love to get out! Thanks!
Jen, I'm always out Friday and Saturdays if you're willing to make the drive up to Pineview or Willard
Old     (CCWakerider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-30-2014, 6:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Stephen ~ That's a pretty loaded question and it all depends on how much gas you want to spend. A quick and easy drive is right accross BF in Halls Creek Bay where you will find decent to great camping but it's usually busy being so close to BF. Excellent for riding since it's not all straight cliffs and your wake calms after a bit. Moqui Canyon is another popular spot with fair to good camping but also draws the crowds. A little bit of a drive either direction and you will be in haven since Esclante or Iceberg Canyon are pretty damn epic. Making a trip up to Good Hope Bay is LONG but worth the trip and if you want 6+ hour drive make it to the San Juan Arm and you will have epic water day in and day out.

Also don't short yourself with anchoring the houseboat. Winds come out of nowhere and they are strong and plenty of times HB end up sideways on the shore. Search the proper tech to anchoring a houseboat, better safe then sorry.

Thanks for the recommendations as we took long rides to Iceberg and Escalante, while staying anchored in Halls Bay. The crowds were not bad, and conditions were a little sketchy at times depending on the wind as you stated. All in all, you won't experience anything like the Iceberg Canyon, and it was the Lake Powell I had heard about. Fuel was a big concern before going, but ended up bot being a problem (thank God). With the water up, there is a ton of debris in the water, so everyone needs to keep a watchful eye while driving.

The only negative of the trip was that the Natl Park Service were running "Operation dry water" at Halls Creek marina and we pulled in to get ice and was given a Safety Inspection, in which the officer told me that "everyone was getting a ticket today". What a load of BS, and i get tired of these guys not getting the Bad-Guys! I do not EVER drink alcohol on the water, and this over zealous officer tried to give me ticket because my Brother in law had an open can of PBR and was sitting behind me in the LSV. He told it was "Arms Length" away, and therefore was writing me an "Open Can" ticket. I protested very aggressively with him and now his backup officer, and they were shocked by me arguing back. I requested a breathalyzer, and they got nervous and then gave up on the open can. They then gave me a ticket for having my throwable underneath a quick access seat right behind me, instead of sitting next to me at the drivers seat. They found out I was from Northern Utah and told me if I wanted to fight the ticket of $100, I have to go to Paige, AZ. I don't have a problem with them out there, but I want them to get the Drunken idiots out there, plus the people who let there kids hang off the front of the houseboats with there feet in the water while under way.

It is BS and sorry for the rant, but if any of you go to Powell this weekend, they are out in full force and they will for you a ticket for anything. We made a mistake by not listening to a fellow wakeboarding boat coming out of the marina, telling me to turn around and leave because he got a ticket by them.

Overall, Lake Powell is a "10" for scenery and glad I experienced it.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-30-2014, 4:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Overall, Lake Powell is a "10" for scenery and glad I experienced it.
Hope all was well with the wind in Halls Creek Bay! I have seen my share of houseboats sideways on the shore with how bad it blows in there. The one thing I forgot to warn you about is the NPS and how aggressive they are. You better make sure you have all boating laws in order and have everything on your boat that's state law required. Thanks to a awesome officer on UT Lake I too used to keep my throwable under and out of the way until they explained you have to have it in the open at all times while underway. My MB has a great spot right by the driver that's out of the way and never moves now. You could fight that ticket with ease but like they said you have to go to AZ to do it which is a joke and a lot of $$$$$ is collected since it's not worth the drive and effort. The NPS down at Antelope Point just stay in the marina on the water all day pulling people over with safety checks. I have passed my share of their crap and trying anything to get a paper in your hands. Do yourself a favor and watch the drinking (alcohol by you) and have all required stuff on your boat at all times.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       06-30-2014, 4:54 PM Reply   
Hope this helps saving people from headaches on the water... Might be a good idea to print this and keep it in your boat. My boat don't have a capacity plate and been given hell that it's required but truly it's the manufacturer's option...
Name:  Required Boating Items.jpg
Views: 2068
Size:  97.7 KB
Old     (CCWakerider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-01-2014, 6:16 AM Reply   
Thanks for the chart, as that will be great to keep on board. It is just a shame that the NPS is aggressively trying to keep their "ticket revenue" flowing well, but it is a part of boating life at certain lakes with the shortened season...... Halls Creek was breezy, you are right about that (LOL), but it was nice to get some breeze while it was so hot.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       07-05-2014, 5:03 PM Reply   
Hey everyone. Mike Rosenberg and I were out riding the other day contemplating what other thirds are available when. I put together a google doc schedule availability for people to add their info to, if interested. It's pretty basic, but could be a great tool for helping people meet up. Feel free to add your info or improve it. Anyone with a link can access/edit.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Hope everyone had a fun holiday weekend
Old     (deltaRyder)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-06-2014, 12:30 PM Reply   
Thanks, Rich.
I put myself as available anytime. I work a 48 hour shift every week with the fire dept. Every week it moves though. I usually do a side job once a week too, but I'm usually around and always stoked to ride. I just bought the 2014 Murray I need to break in.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       07-06-2014, 1:33 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new board Greg. Have you been out on it yet?
Old     (MittenShred86)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-07-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
Hey everyone, Coming out to the SLC Area for work, for the rest of the month and looking to possibly get a pull! I'll be working out of Lehi/American Fork area during the week and Saturday 7am-5pm, so I could do something in the evening close. But Sundays are completely free. I have plenty of wakeboat driving experience and cash for gas.
Old     (deltaRyder)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-07-2014, 10:17 AM Reply   
Rich- I rode it out in Discovery Bay last week. I loved it. It has so much more pop than I was used to. I got the the Hyperlite Team bindings to go with it.
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-12-2014, 6:55 AM Reply   
Thanks Rich, what a great idea! Hope to see you soon.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-18-2014, 7:14 AM Reply   
Fire on the water this Saturday, who's going? We will be there about 6pm until fireworks are done... Always a great time!
Old     (CCWakerider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-24-2014, 6:24 AM Reply   
A bump for this thread..... We live in one of the best boating locations in the US, and thought we should post some pics of the unmatched views we all enjoy in Utah. Post up some great pics of your summer fun in Utah!
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406208200.548425.jpg
Views: 1924
Size:  86.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406208218.879995.jpg
Views: 1902
Size:  65.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406208248.725049.jpg
Views: 1888
Size:  64.8 KB
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       07-24-2014, 3:00 PM Reply   
Looks awesome Steve. I'm especially digging the 1st pic.
Old     (CCWakerider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-25-2014, 6:12 AM Reply   
Lake Powell is a must see for anyone out here..... My favorite was the pic you mentioned, Iceberg Canyon
Old     (gcombe)      Join Date: May 2007       07-29-2014, 9:21 AM Reply   
agreed. I would say some of the best lakes you could ask for in this state. clean water, and big lakes with powell and the gorge. Everyone avoiding willard now that shimma is gone? have not seen anyone out this year since he left? the south is super low. we just walk it to the channel though and then its plenty deep still 9-10ft. Been good riding the last week since most I/O's have managed to take thier props outs and void it now.

my contri!
Attached Images

Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       07-29-2014, 3:34 PM Reply   
Anyone ever ride Rockport? Any tips or experience with it?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-30-2014, 7:39 AM Reply   
I haven't been to RP in years so I'm no help except check the water level and ask the front if there's anything to watch for in the water.
Now I have been to Powell just last week and heading back in 1.5 weeks...
Name:  Powell1.jpg
Views: 1768
Size:  163.0 KB

Name:  Powell.jpg
Views: 1805
Size:  199.9 KB
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-02-2014, 4:00 AM Reply   
Hey everyone, hope all is well!

Been REALLY busy with work since moving to Japan. My board hasn't been wet since I was in Hawaii in June, but I'm taking my team out with my friend who runs a wakeboard school in Tokyo on Aug 13 when we are there for 3 days for physical tests and medical checks for the skaters.

This time of the year is some of the best riding at Willard, especially if the water is low like Glen said. I know Rob has taken his boat with some of the guys but not sure if Mike has taken his boat there yet.

Miss you all very much!
Old     (gcombe)      Join Date: May 2007       08-04-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
very nice. shimma! that is great your doing well. glad to hear your season is not over on the water! And yes willard being low is good for riders. yesterday was butter from 9am after the wind died down till 2pm when storms started moving in. saw maybe 5 boats all day actually doing more then fishing.
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-18-2014, 5:32 PM Reply   
Hey everyone! It's been a great summer riding with you all, but it's time to sell my boat (I can't let Rob outdo me!). If you know anyone who's looking, please pass this link on! Thanks!

https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=21...196060&cat=147

Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-20-2014, 7:54 AM Reply   
Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself. I've been boating my whole life and wakeboarding most of it. Married, with two little kids. After borrowing my parent's MariStar for years, my wife and I just pulled the trigger on a 2005 MB B52. We're pretty stoked.
While doing my due diligence before buying the boat, I came across this forum and this thread. I wish I'd found it years ago. We always have had a strangely difficult time finding people who wanted to ride with us.
I mostly wakeboard and my wife mostly surfs, but we're both competent at either.

I have a couple questions for everyone:

1) Is anyone still riding Willard this year, or is it officially too low? If so, do you walk your boat out to the bay or is the marina still navigable? If not, what other lakes are still deep enough?

2) What insurance do you all use? We're still shopping.

3) Are there any young families that ride? We've got the boat now, we'd love to find another couple with younger kids that like to get out on the water. Let me know if you want to come boating with us.
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-20-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
Welcome Brandon! And congrats on the new boat! I've heard people are still using the North Marina at Willard, but haven't been there to verify myself. The mountain lakes like Pineview and Jordanelle certainly still have plenty of water. I've been riding up there most of the year and only recently has the level started to drop some.

Personally I use Progressive for my boat insurance, just make sure you're not paying more that 600 bucks a year with whoever you go with.

I can ride mid-week days and I'm guessing you're gonna be a weekend guy, but this forum and Utah in general is a great place to find good folks for thirds, so I'm sure people will start hitting you up!
Old     (deltaRyder)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-20-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
Welcome aboard, Brandon. I haven't been to Willard for a month or so, but I have 9 and 7 year olds that are learning to ride and a boy that just turned 3 I take on the surfboard. Let me know if you're looking for someone.

Last edited by deltaRyder; 08-20-2014 at 8:41 AM.
Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-20-2014, 12:45 PM Reply   
Thanks, Mike. Yeah, generally weekends are when I can get out.

Greg, that would be great. We have plans this weekend, but I'll give you a call next time we go out.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-25-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
Shima ~ Now you don't have an excuse to not riding in Japan...
Name:  Japan.jpg
Views: 2971
Size:  54.0 KB
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       08-26-2014, 11:03 AM Reply   
Anyone been to Willard in the past week or so? How are you launching?
Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-26-2014, 12:01 PM Reply   
Went to Willard on Sunday. North Marina. Very slowly navigated down the center of the gap to the bay. Water was over my wife's head at dock. Depth finder registered 1.7ft (below boat) at shallowest at the narrow point on the way out. An island has appeared in the middle of the marina, steer clear of that as it gets shallow anywhere near it.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-26-2014, 12:25 PM Reply   
B_Russ ~ So you drive out and not walk it out? Them depths would scare the daylights out of me! How deep is the lake?
Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-26-2014, 1:21 PM Reply   
We drove, but walking wouldn't be a bad idea, especially as the lake continues to drop. We saw others drive through and got some confidence from that. If you do walk, it would probably only be necessary for the narrow stretch before you reach the bay. That will become impassable before other areas become a concern.
The bay was 7-10 feet everywhere we drove. We drove southwest and stayed a good distance from any shore.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-27-2014, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
We drove, but walking wouldn't be a bad idea, especially as the lake continues to drop. We saw others drive through and got some confidence from that. If you do walk, it would probably only be necessary for the narrow stretch before you reach the bay. That will become impassable before other areas become a concern.
The bay was 7-10 feet everywhere we drove. We drove southwest and stayed a good distance from any shore.
Tiz the season! Be careful out there...
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-28-2014, 10:58 AM Reply   
any one interested in buying a gallon of boat bling hot sauce for $30? i sold my boat and don't need it!

https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=21...329193&cat=537

Last edited by rosenbergmike; 08-28-2014 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-28-2014, 11:42 AM Reply   
Somebody take Mike up on his offer of Boat Bling! The stuff is AMAZING and at a hell of a deal for a gallon.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       09-02-2014, 11:48 PM Reply   
Josh,

Lake Yamanaka is located on the island of Honshu and I'm up in Hokkaido. So it is a 90min flight plus a 2-3hour train ride on top of that.

And I already have a hook up at that lake. I hope to make it there someday, never been there yet.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-03-2014, 8:29 AM Reply   
And I hate my 1 hr drive up the canyon to the mountain lakes, LOL...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       09-03-2014, 12:45 PM Reply   
Haha, and you thought you had it rough!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-02-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
Somebody has to be riding this weekend with temps in the 70's. Post up a pic or 2 for us that wish it was us...
Old     (gcombe)      Join Date: May 2007       10-03-2014, 8:47 AM Reply   
I second that. post up some pics. I know a guy that is at sand hollow today, so maybe I can get him to post up some here when he gets back.

oh and for those that have a ride that may have taken some abuse this season dont forget www.re-viveupholstery.com

Shima good to see your getting out some!

cheers!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       10-04-2014, 9:06 PM Reply   
Glen,

I haven't gotten to ride much, only 4 times since I've been here in Japan. I've lost all my muscle memory and timing, so each time I ride, it's like my first time ever riding. So I've was falling a lot, very frustrating. Not only that, but it's a 2hr 40min train ride for me to ride and the closest riding spot, plus an overnight hotel stay. So just to ride once is quite an ordeal here.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-06-2014, 10:32 AM Reply   
DC was pretty good except it seemed pretty busy for Oct. Worst part was the surfers up and down and turn around throwing huge rollers in all directions. Get the water in the low 50's and everybody will stay home!
Name:  dc.jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  dc1.jpg
Views: 1454
Size:  63.7 KB
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-09-2014, 7:28 AM Reply   
Let the late season riding begin! Hooked up the 2014 Byerly AR-1 thanks to www.marine-products.com at a awesome price. Anybody else still riding?
Name:  Byerly AR1.jpg
Views: 1597
Size:  109.3 KB
Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       10-15-2014, 2:02 PM Reply   
Some pics of Lake Powell last week.

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-19-2014, 5:14 PM Reply   
That's amazing! Best time of the year for sure...
Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       10-20-2014, 10:11 AM Reply   
Thanks, Josh. We lucked out with the weather. Low eighties, water in the seventies, and glass at noon. Couldn't ask for better conditions.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-21-2014, 5:46 PM Reply   
B Russ ~ What year is your MB?
Old     (B_Russ)      Join Date: Aug 2014       10-22-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-23-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
Awesome! First MB I got to ride was an 07 then a 2010 F21 and I was sold. Sucks I put my F21 down for the winter already...
Old     (Safado)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-23-2014, 12:56 PM Reply   
I've been to California about every 2 weeks now for the last couple months. I ride Wake Island Cable Park near Sacramento. Let me know if anyone is in the area. I love the cable now. You hit it for 2 hours and you're body is done. Everyone is really nice and you progress fast. I'm hoping to move there soon and just get a season pass.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-24-2014, 9:14 AM Reply   
Greg ~ I hear ya on the cable and how fun it is. I have only been on Antelope Point Marina's setup but have a blast the whole time. UT needs a cable park...