Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (11silviop)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-15-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
What dealers are at the Mid America Boat Show this year?
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-15-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
Paul I was there last night. I was pretty disappointed really, show seemed considerably smaller than past years.

Dealers I saw:

B&B Marine - Malibu Dealer
Viking Marine - Cobalt Dealer
KC Marine - Bayliner & Tahoe Dealer
Bruce Marine - Crownline Dealer
Blue Springs Marine - Ebbtide Dealer.

I assume you are most interested in wakeboat dealers. And the only one there was B&B Marine the Malibu dealership. They have been in business for a long time, so I'm guessing they have the reserves to stickout this downturn, certainly positioning themselves to catch the majority of new wakeboat sales in the KC area being the only dealer left. They had the new 23ft vRide (in all red). They had a sweet Wakesetter VLX, and were showing music videos on the MaliView. They also had a flat screen monitor mounted to the tower of the boat showing the same video feed....pretty neat.

Note that we lost a few wakeboat places this year:
Nautique/Tige dealership went under this year
Supra/Moomba dealership went under this year

We've never really had a Mastercraft dealership that i know of....i think driport in STL is the closet.

Overall show was very small, we did it in about an hour.

(Message edited by tj_in_kc on February 15, 2009)
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-15-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
Is STL closer than Wichita to KC? If not there's Marine World here selling MC. Meyer Marine is also carrying Moomba and Supra now.
Old     (nutjob)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-15-2009, 6:18 PM Reply   
Down south... In the Grand Lake area.. there is an MC dealer (Dick Lanes) They had quite the display at the Tulsa show A couple of weeks ago. That X-80 is one big boat. It's closer than STL. I'm glad I didn't waste the time and money to go. I checked out the dealer list online and I wasn't impressed. I went to the OP show a while back and the Tulsa show (family lives down there). The KC show looked to be smaller than the Tulsa show was. There was a CC, a Malibu, and a Tige dealer there along with some HUGE boats...

(Message edited by nutjob on February 15, 2009)
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-15-2009, 6:24 PM Reply   
yeah i hear what you are saying, I guess it would depend which part of KC you live in technically. STL, Wichita, and Lake of the Ozarks are all between 3 and 3.5 hours from my particular spot, so a guy could pick his favorite.

what i was trying to say was if i were a new boat buyer in KC you only have 1 option for a for new wakeboarding boat if you want local dealer support for that boat...