Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-22-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
Had a great time!!! Thanks for coming down and riding guys it was cool to hang out with you all again. Ed, thanks for the pull.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-23-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
I have survived the operation. Went well with tear in rotator cuff and tear in Labrum. Man that nerve block was the ticket! Now just sore and arm suspended in place. Guess rehab will determine the rest of the pain. Hard to type with wrong hand. Merry Christmas to ALL!
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-23-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT CHRISTMAS!!

HEY NATE, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GIVE ME AN ELITE FOR CHRISTMAS THAT WOULD BE REALLY NICE OF YOU!!
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-23-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
hey mike glad all went well if you need anything give me a call.

real happy to see everybody saturday wish it was a little nicer weather but it was worth it to me. i had a blast and hope to do it again with everybody again. i am planing on getting out there tommorrow if anybody else wants to go.

what about the backside 180 marvin. killing it glad to see you nail it. hey will ive just been workin and playing you should get out there with us it isnt that bad at all. thanks again nate for getting down here sorry about the weather.
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-23-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
hey marvin i can hock you up will you accept it in copper our does it have to be dimes. thanks for the shirt mine should say cherokee wake poser... and also some fat guys can kind off ride a board. see ya big guy have fun in them there hills.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
Hope everyone has a great CHRISTMAS.

Brad - That Elite should be there sometime today

Trying to plan a snowboard trip to Appalachian this coming Sunday. Would love for anyone to come. Just let me know if you want to meet up there.
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-24-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
Merry Christmas everyone!

I look forward to riding again in the future and watching you guys ride too.
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
Merry Christmas!!!!!

Nate as of right now that sounds GREAT!!!! I hope it is a big turn out.

Mike, it is good to hear from you. I was wondering about you just the other day. Good luck on the rehab.

Chris, how you doin man?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-24-2007, 8:24 PM Reply   
I got money on Marvin not showing...
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-25-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
bahaahaaahaaa Good one man!!! I think I asked for that one. As you can see I said "as of right now" a man needs to cover his butt. I would love to get everyone together for a day on the mountain I know it would be a blast. I have tickets to the Music City Bowl (Kentucky vs. Florida) but I don't know if I am going to go yet.
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-26-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
Mike, just wait for therapy! haha, I have had pain in therapy so bad that I thought I was peeing on myself! Still gets better everyday though, and I am working hard on the exercises at home as well. My nerve block only lasted about 4 hours though, so I didn't really benefit from that. And the pain pump they installed on me for some reason they forgot to turn it on, so I went 3 days without pain meds, by that time I was determined not to take any. Just remember, the first 2 weeks are the worst, and therapy is "good pain" or so they keep telling me!
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-26-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
By the way, i would much rather re-name this thread "Boone Lake"
No offense.
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-26-2007, 4:06 PM Reply   
Well...we could always rename the thread; Cherokee, Boone, South Holston riders. That should cover virtually all of us that post here
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-26-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
Cherokee - 7 ?

SoHo - 2

Boone - 1

Yeah, it would make complete since to rename it

Just ribbin ya Chris!
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-26-2007, 5:11 PM Reply   
that question mark after the 7 isnt in reference to me is it Nate im trying.
might go out saturday depends on weather it is up in the air right now so i guess we will see i think were trying to get something together for the first. weather now looks to be cold as can be, in the upper 30s to low 40s but if im not working will be out there to bring it in right. hope everybody will be able to get together ride our not it doesnt matter just get on the water im sure to give up some good crashes...
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-26-2007, 5:15 PM Reply   
hey nate you dont have a picture of marvins bside 180 you can put on here i just got to see half of it in the mirror.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-26-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
SOHOBOONECHEE
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-26-2007, 6:29 PM Reply   
Mike O - I like it!

Ed - No, I wasn't referring to you, I was just to lazy to go through the thread and count all the posters, so the question mark is for me not being 100% sure. I'll look through my pics, but I think I missed it.
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-26-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
Hey Ed, if the weather is right on New Years Day, Brandon and I may join you guys (provided you have room in your boat) on the lake.

We want to see you, Marvin and Rodney tear it up. Who knows, Brandon may even ride. I'll ride in the boat and cheer everyone on
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-27-2007, 6:19 AM Reply   
hey david your welcome hope you all can get out there talked to jason the other day and he says hi. i would like to get him out there with us im going to try id like to try and ride that new lsv.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-27-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
Looks like nothing but rain in the forecast for Sunday at App. Ski Mtn.
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-29-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
Hey Ed, I got your message about the lake today. Sorry we couldn't make it. How did it go?
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-02-2008, 5:56 AM Reply   
hey david sorry it took a while to get on here and get back to you. it went great we got out there monday also and i cant believe Marvin hasnt gotten on here to let everybody no he i trying toeside front roles and is inches away from landing them i am so happy for you big guy. Shaun also is back to his big tantrams and riding great. he looks 100 percent again. so it went great one of the best weekends of riding and one of the best ways i can think of to close out one year and bring in another. thanks to everybody for making 07 great and lets all hope 08 is great for everybody.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
H

A

P

p

y

N

e

w

Y

e

a

r

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
What's up guys? I hope everyone is doing well and are still riding. Looks like Monday is supposed to be pretty warm....70?. Crazy stuff!
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
Hey Nate, yep we rode today (thanks Ed ) and had really good water. The water has only changed 5 degrees since you guys were down. I think this colder water is working for me. I have started trying new things and I am really excited about getting on the water.

I hope everyone is doing good. Mike, Chris, I was thinking about you all earlier. My wife has her ACL repaired Tuesday and we were talking recovery time and thought of you all. UPDATE please!!!!!

I would love for us to get together and snowboard one day. Maybe we can kick the idea around and just do it sometime. David, how many open days can you get? Brad, what looks good for you? Mike and Chris, it would be cool if you all could come and hang out. Ed, you don't have a choice!! Same for you Pat...

Take care everyone, I will try to let you know how the operation goes.
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
you guys just tell me the days and I will put in for them off if need be!! I am ready to hit the slopes!! Although the water sounds much better
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-08-2008, 4:55 AM Reply   
Hi All, I was up to my property on Cherokee Lake over New Years weekend. The water is way down, hopefully you have a wet winter to get the water levels up some! Anyways, I hope to make it back up sometime late spring, early summer and would like to get a pull or two. I'll bring plenty of gas. Talk to you all soon!
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-08-2008, 8:50 AM Reply   
hey marvin i hope kim is doing well give me a call and let me no how things went.

hi there craig you should have seen the lake 3 months ago it has come up about 8 feet give our take a little. it looks alot better now then in november. but let us no when you get down here and we will gladly drag you around the lake. water temp is still way up for this time of year stayed between 48 and 52 depending on where you where.
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-08-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
Hey Marvin, I could probably take off sometime during the week the end of this month. I'm covered up right now, so it would be difficult. It would be fun snowboarding with you guys. However, if this warm weather keeps up, I'd say it will be wakeboarding only
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-08-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
Edpaz, thanks for the invite. I will get in touch with you guys before we come up. If any of you are ever in central Florida, I live on a private man-made lakes about one hour away from Orlando airport.
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-09-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
My shoulder gets better daily, still am working out with a 3lbs dumbell which is WEIRD that it wears you out that bad! haha. Dont think I can snowboard/ski right now, I wouldn't want to take a hard fall on it, I could see what I could do about some time off though......I think it's time for a vacation. I do have to go to Orlando next month, if my arm is a little better I might try to 1 hand it around OWC, I wont wuss out like Nick and Pat! haha, just kidding.
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-09-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
hey Craig i might hit you up for a pull in early spring. they might send me down to the railyard in the orlando area for a couple week job. not sure where the yard is your when they will start the job but i will for sure take you up on a pull if you would give one out. hope everybody is well. ill have the ibex ready for the hills marvin. just give me time to pull the fins out of it. hope kim is well. and i guess ill see everybody at eskimo escapades saturday.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-09-2008, 7:54 PM Reply   
ed, what's the scoop on escapades? I may want to drive down and watch.
Went to Doc Mon. and start rehab in two weeks. In a sling for at least four more weeks. Ended up I had three tears instead of two, so am being careful. Weather was awesome Monday and looking at the lake made me drool. I stopped by CBK the other day and saw Nate and Pat, watched a little video and hung out in "manland" as Pat called it.
Chris, How's the movement? I am able to take off sling and do pendulum movement, but no side to side. Bicep kills me at times.

(Message edited by batman on January 09, 2008)
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-10-2008, 7:46 AM Reply   
Mike, I have full range of motion now, just had to suck it up at therapy. It hurts like hell while they move it the way they want, but its worth it. Still have some pain, not much. I only had 1 tear though, but also had to have bone shaved off. Make sure and do the therapy 100%!!! The sling was the worst thing for me, I was in it for 5 weeks. I am curious as to why you haven't already started therapy? I understand every surgery and dr. is different, just curious though. I started 3 days after. Good Luck.

MANLAND huh??? Sounds almost like a suburb of "Timberfell Lodge" haha
Old     (olddude)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-10-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
edpaz, just let me know when your coming and I'll hook you up!

Craig
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-11-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
What's up guys? Hope everyone is doing well. Marv.....Kim ok? hope so. Mike I hope you are doind well too. Chris....Suck it up. Damn, I feel like I am on a retirement forum giving my well wishes. Just kidding, I do wish all of you the best and to have 110% recovery.
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-14-2008, 7:24 AM Reply   
I for sure feel like I need to step in to retirement!!! That might be a good idea for me, sign me up for a pontoon. haha
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-14-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
sorry mike didnt get on here before we went to knoxville you should have called me. we had a great time there where alot of people there and got to meet a lot of people that love the water, was a great experience for me.
i think its going to be a little cool this weekend but hope that everybody that wants to go is able to saturday and maybe sunday. hey marvin ask Kim for some pepper. i never ask again. also if anybody ever misplaces Shaun look in the boat he is probably sleeping there.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-14-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Chris - Your new 27 foot Avalon should be here the first of Feb.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-14-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
can we tube behind Chris new pontoon!!!
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-15-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
nice. can't wait! guess I will have to build a new dock to house that big of a ride.
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-15-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
uriel ended up buying a boat so we have another one on cherokee. should be a good time this summer cant wait for us all to get together this summer first chance it gets warm we all need to get together and make a weekend of it. lake is comeing up good now, so maybe the lake will be full for us. its cold down here in SC so i no it cold up there everybody take care.
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
Everyone mark your calendars for May 16-18th!! Acworth GA stop!!!
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-17-2008, 9:27 AM Reply   
Shaun sleeping????? We always called it passed out!!!!!!
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-19-2008, 7:21 AM Reply   
Brad - How you been man? Hope things are going well.

Marvin - How's Kim? She recovering ok?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-23-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
Wow.......... I think this thread is officially dead!
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-23-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
I think everyone is in hibernation with all the cold weather! HA!
I started my rehab Tuesday and go twice a week with exercises at home to do. GOOD PAIN, yeah right! My right bicep hurts with what they term as referred pain. Back of right shoulder hurts from surgery wound. They say 5 months till I can return to active duty. sucks!
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-24-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
hey mike ill be glad when you are back to 100 percent. that 210 is going to go through withdraws this spring. but im sure you will be back at it before you know.

me and Shaun are going to try and get out there saturday if anybody is up for it get with us. i think my ankle is up for atleast 80 percent presure so were going to test it out.
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-30-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
Kim's knee is doing very well and thanks for asking. She has been working it pretty good and now has full range of motion. We are riding stationary bikes very often and her strength seems to be coming back good.

I hope you guys are doing well with your rehab. I know it stinks but with the right help you will be back strong.

Not that I am complaining, but spring is going to be here and we still will not have snowboarded like we say we are going to. Someone start throwing out dates. I think a overnighter to W Va would be cool.....Pat whats up??
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-30-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Marv - I have still not even been, I really think I am just holding out for summer. I am up for going though...I'm sure you'll start placing bets on that.. Come and see us man! Glad to hear Kim is well. Later.
Old     (jxn_bonifay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-31-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
hey guys just wandering how everyones been?.... decided to get on here so i could keep track of everyone. anyway hope everyone had a great christmas and great newyears ... mike hope your shoulder gets better ... nate i'll be payin you guys a visit at the shop ASAP. hope to hear from everyone soon,
Jackson
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-31-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
Jackson Bonifay in tha house!!!!! What up buddy? Glad to see you are still around. Definitely come by and see us.

Remember this?

Upload
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-31-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
HOT SAUCE! You are the man! Shoulder is doing well and PT is going good so far. Going to the Doc on Monday and hope to be out of the sling. Hope You and Joe are doing well. Holler some time and we can have an adult beverage (HA!). Nate, Good picture of the flying Burrito Brother!
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-01-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
I think there should be a new forum started because it takes WAY to long to get to the end of this one to read what is going on. I think Nate will start it.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-01-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
No doubt Chris.... I think I can make it longer

Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-01-2008, 11:24 PM Reply   
H
A,

H
A,

H
A

!
!
!

Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-02-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
56 and sunny me and shaun are going how else is going Rodney if you and marvin get back from boat show intime get you crap on........
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-03-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
Hey Ed, sorry about Saturday. I hate the way work gets in the way of life. Also, thank you for bringing that video by. I still have your Harris board here man.

I have been trying to go to the mountains as much as possible. I rode today and had a great day!!! I rode with a girl all day and I think she pushed me harder than anyone. Finally getting the board off the snow. I was able to grab a frontside 180 today!!!!! woooo hoooo We all need to hit it sometime soon.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-04-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
70's tomorrow...WHAT!!!!!!! We may have to sneak away for a minute.
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-05-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
no worries there marvin i wasnt very impressed with push progress you will probably enjoy it lots of good skating. dont worry about board ether i no where it is incase i need it going to ride the murray for a while i think. at least i hope i like it and it stays in one piece. i think shaun is planning on hitting the boat show again this weekend but im sure we will get a run in well just see how the weather looks if your not on the hill get your crap on. ill see you this weekend should be home friday afternoon some time my truck is in kingsport so it will be after lunch at the earliest. see ya.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
hey guys,good to see this 300 + ! but we could start mabey a east tn riders thread? just a thought.. hey marv hate you had to miss the show , I missed makin fun of that hog head of yours! Hey nate good to talk to you,nick and jr..they aint none of you right!!! will stop back in next trip up there. hello mr. ed....hows the railroad?? I told marvin today was half tempted to make a pass as pretty as it was!!! its ok wont be long till SPRING TIME!!!! has anyone heard from brad ?? havnt seen him on here in a while. nate give them 2 guys a buzz when you can..will be a uphill drive but a good deal. everybody stay safe= holler later, oh have to put a picture of my future cherokee wakeboard riders,,,,,sorry just a little proud Upload
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-06-2008, 5:54 AM Reply   
Rod - Marvins kids look great...You must be so proud

No really, they look great man.
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-06-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Hello Hello, I'm still alive and kickin, just staying busy working all the time. I'm about afraid to make another post on this thread. Chris may get me for making it longer

Loving the pic of them boys Rod!! God taste with the TN shirts!!

Hope everyone is doing alright, Spring is just around the corner
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-06-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
This one is OVER

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/542147.html?1202313109
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-06-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
Speaking of long threads....Check out the "New Jersey Riders" threads. I think all of theirs go into the 1000's.
Old     (jxn_bonifay)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-06-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
nate how could i forget that ... probally one of the coolest moments of my life and one of the more painful after i hit the water lol ... i hope this year i can start landing some of the tricks i know how to throw and riding away clean.. mike we will have to catch up some time soon buddy! keep at it on that PT it will all be worth it this summer!!
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-13-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
Chris, it's not OVER till it's OVER