Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    catalyst            09-09-2003, 4:01 PM Reply   
I was woundering what the diference between the wto were. For a while i thought they were the same thing but now im not sure. Any info would be great.

-thanks
Nick
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2003, 4:54 PM Reply   
It's not easy for me to explain, but on a triple up, you first drive an inward bend, then straighten the boat out briefly. At the point of the bend, the wake will have a spot that is built up larger and have more vert. Then you turn the boat around just like for a normal du, but you time it so that your wake crosses at the same point that you initially built up with the first bend. Maybe somebody with better graphical skills could draw it out for you. They're tricky to drive and can be dangerous to hit if you don't know what you're doing. I know an outstanding rider whose wakeboarding career was pretty much ended by a triple-up gone wrong. Have fun but be careful.
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-09-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
The way we do it is...a dbl up is driven in the form of a P.

A triple is that we drive back to the first corner of the P making a loop almost like a cursive L.

A quad up is a &

A quid is a @ with a ~ right at the end

Sorry, got carried away there.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2003, 10:32 PM Reply   
Maybe there is more than one way to do it. The way I've described was shown to me by Thomas Horrell and Russ Wilde several years ago, and I've also seen others drive it this way. I guess it doesn't matter as long as you like the way it turns out.
If you really want a big boost, whip a 360 all the way around the boat and when you come back behind the boat you will hit a kicker like you've never seen before. You'll need somebody who knows how to drive this one, as well.
Old     (tantrum999)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-10-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
Triple up path i drive like this. they can be so big you cant get in the troth! hope this helps.

pathetic drawing but hey its something.

Just to add when you turn your first turn spot the place you made a quick shift in the boat path, you cant missit its massive!

(Message edited by tantrum999 on September 10, 2003)
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-10-2003, 4:04 PM Reply   
Yeah, thats what I meant by a cursive L.

Awesome artwork dude!
Old    krug            09-10-2003, 8:33 PM Reply   
dont do it! you will need a new acl fo sho
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-11-2003, 5:30 AM Reply   
I try a triple up every now n then but just end up screaming like a school girl (my daughter has taught me well) and fall in the 4 to 6 ft rollers.

My buddies usually do it to me to get a laugh because I dont fall as much as they do :-)
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-11-2003, 1:33 PM Reply   
Double up= FUN!!
Triple up= MORE FUN!!!
Old    jd_wake18            10-01-2003, 9:54 PM Reply   
Nick we gotta work on those!
Old    jetpilotrider03            10-01-2003, 11:47 PM Reply   
i dont get the pic..it looks like a doulbe to me...
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-02-2003, 5:49 AM Reply   
It is just like a double accept the kink you throw in the wake. If you look at the wakeworld article Perfect Pull http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2003/perfectpull.asp it might be easier to understand. Take the picture and make it more like this. To make the kink slow down a little and turn the boat hard to really throw a big tripple.
Tripple-UP