Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (jamie392)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-17-2009, 11:54 PM Reply   
I'm going to get a wakeboard boat but I am trying to find the best deal I can. I'm not rich but I love wakeboarding and I want to minimize the money pit.

I found a 2007 Supreme brand new for 26.5k. It doesn't really have any options, it has the sky package, but no tower speakers, perfect pass, wakeplate, heaters, or any of the other goodies that I could find on a used boat. Do you think this would have a decent resale value?

What would you take, 2007 Supreme brand new for 26.5k, or a 2006 mobius LSV loaded with 150hrs for 27.5k. I guess my question is kind of hard to answer, but i'm thinking in terms of what I will lose in depreciation of either boat plus maintenance of either boat.

Thanks a lot for any input you may have
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-18-2009, 6:32 AM Reply   
I would take the LSV any day over the Supreme. I had a Supreme for my first boat and was not happy with it. What does the LSV have for options?
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 6:54 AM Reply   
I'd take the Supreme. The Mobius is cheaper version of Supra, similar to Toyota and Lexus. My buddy has a Moomba and it is definetely made cheaper and not built as sturdy as a Supreme. Supreme is part of Kal Kustom, which also builds and or distributes Centurion and a couple of other inboard/outboards such as Reinell, Bluewater among others. Supreme also has a great warranty. Depending on where you are located, there is a dealer on the west coast that is closing out some 2007's if you're interested!
Old     (calipackfan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-18-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
Just picked up my Supreme 212 last week. Taking it out this Saturday. I think I know the one you're talking about Red/Back for 26K? PM me, I'll let you know about my "Experience" with Supreme.
( it might not be a bad idea to hold onto that Mobius phone number)
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       02-18-2009, 7:06 AM Reply   
Hey Marc, how about giving us all your "experience" w/ Supreme? Others are interested as well...
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-18-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
Which model are you buying? No doubt it's a repo. Remember the LSV will probably be on it's 4th season this year, and the Supreme is essentially brand new. The Moomba interior does seem a bit cheaper compared to the Supreme's.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-18-2009, 8:34 AM Reply   
I bought my 2007 V212 at the 2008 boat show,I put 95+Hrs on it last season.I also got one w/o tower speakers,racks,or PerfectPass,did all that myself.It surfs nice on BOTH sides with the rear tank(360Lbs),tube sac(300Lbs)on seat and 2 adults.The wakeboard wake is good at 22MPH@70Ft I use it mostly in Lake Erie so it gets choppy,it handles it well.Within reason of course,it is a wake boat,but i have had it in some decent rollers and was not a problem.No problems last season and I'm about 2 months from this season start,so I'll let ya know how another 600Lbs on the surf side works.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
Why are these Supreme's going so cheap? Repo's? Dealers not wanting to carry them, or dealers going under? Price point? Great warranty? The warranty is only as strong as the company. Make sure you get a vendors list with the purchase.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-18-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
^^
They are all repos from a bankrupt dealer. No reason to believe Supreme is in danger.
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Supreme used to be carried by independent boat dealers. Several years ago the distributer struck a deal with Olympic Boat Center(Brunswick Corp) to market and sell Supremes. To make a long story short, Olympic went bankrupt last year and the distributor pulled the boats to several central locations around the west coast and has been releasing them to other dealers. There are still quite a few 2007's and 2008's for sale and they carry a complete new boat warranty with them.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
So where are all the dealers? I heard they are selling these boats at car lots now. Has anyone seen a 2009?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-18-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
I know for a fact that Nautique has a bunch of repo 2007 & 2008 boats that they are selling way lower than 2009 models,so whats the difference all companies are having a tough go.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-18-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
I was down at Kal Kustoms last week and saw a few of the repos they had sitting there waiting to take delivery to new dealerships. very nice boats.
Jamie- i would take a look at dealers and see if you cant find one that has more options you are looking for in that price range. I saw a 230 they had for around 27,000. dont know what the options were but if you can get a 230 for slightly more than that 2007 then i would think you could find something with options. reagardless of what others say, Supreme has made a lot of changes in the past couple years and the boats they are putting out now are made very well.

Moe- justus brothers looks to be you closest dealer. i did a search on their website. as far as selling boats in car lots i cant confirm, but if you had boats to get rid of wouldnt you?

I have been out in the new V226 a couple times and its a great boat. lots of room. big wake comparable to x-star. i havent been in any of the other models yet though
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-18-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
We have 09's in stock, two left over 08 models, and a few repo's available. We have been in business for over 50 years and selling Supreme Boats since 03' - have had nothing but good luck with them. I have personally owned three and loved every one of them. Every boat manufactorer has dealers that went under because of the economy and in turn they get stuck with the old inventory from that dealership and have to sell at a loss to try and recoop some of the cost.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
TQ- Have you had any people calling on the 2009? What price do you give them when others have 2008 and 2007 below dealers cost. Are you going to give those 2009 away next year when this happens again?
Old     (puamana)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
Jamie,

Where are you located.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-18-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
We are selling our 08's at cost, 09's at a 1K over. The "repo boats" are all sold out from the factory and we are making great deals on the 09's for the pre-season.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-18-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
If you are selling boats at 1k over cost, how many do you need to sell to stay a-float? Good luck to you TQ. It is going to be a hard year for all.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-18-2009, 12:35 PM Reply   
Can someone PM the details for these repo deals? Wasn't exactly in the market for an upgrade, but dang those prices are awesome.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-18-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
PM Sent on some that i know of.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-18-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
Moe - I am a full line powersports dealership that has been in business for a very long time - we are doing fine actually. We will have to see what happens when spring/summer gets here with the boats. We went very light with our 09' order - basically we just filled in the models we were sold out of.
Old    stillstandin            02-18-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
My first boat was a 2002 supreme, I now own a Sanger. I would not shy away from Supreme. I had a very good experience with mine FWIW.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-18-2009, 2:44 PM Reply   
Rock solid boats.