Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-20-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
This forums awesome... i read through the archives but couldn't find anything specific to these questions for the X-1,and hope to be purchasing one in the next 2 weeks and had a couple questions....

1. MCX or RPT.... dealer said there was no noticeable difference (310 vs 350 hp).. maybe 1-2 MPH on top end and dimilar torque curves.. for $2500 is the upgrade worth it?

2. Factory amp and sub? for 1k is this a good deal (I don't really want the hassle of taking it somewhere else to get something else installed).. does it make a big difference in sound?

3. Price... It appears that the base boat will be $42,995 and the options (boat cover, bimini, swivel board racks, tower speakers w/light.. stereo, depth finder, bolster seat, ballast, charger..) will be another 12k or so... (approx 55 as a starting point.. what % should I expect them to come off down here in Texas??

4. Oh yeah... what about mc cruise verses the perfect pass... is it 1k better if you are particular about your speed...

thanks for the help

(Message edited by flamethewolf on January 20, 2007)
Old     (chqwakeboarder)      Join Date: May 2006       01-20-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
Get the MCX, especially if you run extra weight.
Old    walt            01-20-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
The X-1 is one of my favorite wakes when weighted right.

IMO it's not a good idea to buy the factory stereo. You will get more for your money by having one installed elsewhere.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-20-2007, 8:59 PM Reply   
Jeff,

I was in the same position as you last spring, looking at a new X-1. I've ridden the X-star/X2/X1 since I started wakeboarding and for me there wasn't another choice. You're making the right choice IF wakeboarding is your main goal with the boat- the new X-star is the only boat with a more revered wake. I got a 06 xstar with the MCX- I'd driven it when it was the X2 with the 310 and I wan't happy with it when fully loaded- along with all the other options you mentioned for 47k after everything, I know they upped the MSRP to 43k this year, so I wouldn't pay anything over 50 for what you are talking about (with the MCX).

Also, I've been perfectly happy with the mastercraft cruise

Good luck!
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-20-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
The MCX isn't necessary, do a search about it.. many running 2000+lbs of ballast with the RTP and say it's awesome. Just need to reprop to get out of the hole better.

Options do add up quick, but you need them.. Maybe you can wait on the tower speakers.

If MSRP is 55k... I would just double check on that number to make sure they haven't included any discounts and then I would say an offer just below 50k is more than fair.

Good luck.. I love my X-1
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-20-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
really appreciate the replies.... i'll continue researching the engine issue and see what they'll do as far as price... sounds like I need to make a move around boat show time to get the best deal..... any ideas on the perfect pass vs standard cruise??
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-20-2007, 10:40 PM Reply   
I prefer PP, but it is your money and both work well. I would try to get the price just under $50K with the options. as far as the amp and sub you can get more for your money by not getting the factory setup, but you will only save $200-$300 if you dont plan on doing the work yourself. If you can install it yourself, you will save more. BTW, go with the MCX, a little overkill for that boat, but if you plan to sack it out pro-style, it helps to have the extra HP, plus you will get it back on resale. Anyway you go, you are getting a great boat, I love my 05 X-2...
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-21-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
MasterCruise is great... on 06 models you couldn't set below 10 mph... but now on the 07 models you can set to 5 mph... basically allowing more tweeking of the surf wake... you can set 9.7 mph etc.

Save you money on the PP and put it towards your board racks, or buy some sacs for that money.
Old     (crs)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-21-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
If you plan on adding weight to the boat, I would go with the MCX. I do recommend upgrading to the Perfect Pass. I found MC cruise control to be very user unfriendly and frustrating. It will cost more to upgrade later.
Old    star_star            01-21-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
without question, get perfect pass and the mcx. never underpower a boat. perfect pass is well worth the upgrade. great, great boat. you will have pro level wakes. there are a lot of board racks out there. just get some heavy ones if you don't go with the factory ones. bolster seat and charger i coud do without. sit on the throw cushion. it will help save the wear on your seat. mastercraft has good stereo equipment from jl. however, there are tons of good speakers out there. wet sounds has the best tower speakers around today (i'm told). i wouldn't want lights on my boat because where i am the bugs are too bad and we don't boat after dark. great boat. post pictures once you get it and don't be afraid to ask for a discount. it is built in to their price.
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-21-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
thanks again guys.... I'm probably going to have to pit a malibu against it to get my best deal because in Texas there is only really two places to buy and they do a pretty good job of price control... if i come in with a V ride at 45 i think thats my best shot at getting the MC under 50.. i'll definitely post some pics after I'm broke but have a sweet ride...

Jeff
Old     (bryguy)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-21-2007, 10:57 AM Reply   
Jeff, I was just in a similar situation to you. I visited my MC dealer about a month ago to look at an 06 x-1 they had in stock. We had them down to a fair price, but wanted a night to think about it. Sure enough when we called the next morning they had sold the boat. Naturally our dealer started talking numbers on an 07' that we had seen when we were looking at the 06'. We didn't have time to get too serious about the numbers that weekend plus we were planning on coming back up in a couple of weeks for the boat show anyways and told him that we would talk then.
I think that ended up being a good move, beause we walked away from the show last week with what we thought was a smokin' deal. Pretty much the same options as you mentioned minus the depth finder and charger, but with a tandem trailer, and pop out cleets for 46k out the door. We also got a wakesurf board of our choice, two 440 fat sacks, a pump and a couple of T-shirts thrown in. A couple of things that worked to our advantage when talking #'s. One was the disappointment in not getting the 06', which my wife was really in love with the colors (red boat, black decals). Another was that we had another dealer that was closer to us and by far more convient and was able to get some pretty good #'s. The most effective tool was to let my wife do the final negotiating. She was a rock and would not budge from the bottom line. Long story long we got a sweet boat, although not exactly the one we wanted color-wise which we used to our advantage, with all of the options we'll need for a pretty good price.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-21-2007, 11:28 AM Reply   
You need the pp. The mastercruise works pretty good, but it will surge a good 5-7mph on take off.
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-21-2007, 12:26 PM Reply   
thanks for the advice bryan.. i'd like to see pics of your rig when you get them.. did you do any financing... i was told mid to high 6% range with perfect credit, which is better than the premier baker i use at wells Fargo.. and did you decide on the mcx or rtp?
Old     (beaner)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-21-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
I have an 06 X1 with the RTP-1 and MC cruise and find them both to be fine. Not worth the extra $ in my opinion.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-21-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
Same situation as Andy, and have had no problems whatsoever with the MC cruise. Locks in quickly, doesn't overshoot the speed by more than 2 or 3 mph, and holds speed very consistently.
Old     (bryguy)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-21-2007, 2:00 PM Reply   
RTP and MCcruise. I don't plan on adding any more weight then the stock ballast and the two bags, so I though that engine would work fine. That sounds like a great rate, 7.99 was the best I could do w/ what we were willing to put down. W/ that good of a rate the dealer will focus more on the monthly payments, but don't let them get away from that bottom line. I would agree with the others on this post that anything over 50k is way too much. If you want you can e-mail me with your options and I'll get back to you with mine so you have some #'s to work with. BTW that is in Oregon also, so no sales tax.
Old     (flamethewolf)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-21-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
bryan.... sent u an email
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-22-2007, 8:28 AM Reply   
Jeff,IMO 50k O.T.D. fully loaded and I mean every little thing you can get with it.

Bryan

quote:

I don't plan on adding any more weight then the stock ballast and the two bags

Believe me when I tell you,YOU WILL.Once you see how it grows and grows,believe me you will add more weight at least playing around with it at first until you get it dialed for your riding.

I got a low 6 in 04',don't really know if thing changed much since then.I have excellent credit as well.
Old     (faceplanter69)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-22-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
If you buy at the boat show you may get the MCX thrown in for free. You will notice a big difference in the time it takes you to plane out with that motor.

In the beginning you probably don't need to had much weight to that boat. If you ride with 5-6 people than you don't need the extra sacs. One thing you do need is an extra fat sac in the bow. this is a must with this boat. Go buy a 400-500 pound sac and put it in the walk way and you'll be good to go. Trust me on this. This boat needs some extra weight up front on top of the stock ballast
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-22-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
I have the 04 X2 with the RPT engine and you don't need the MCX. Instead, spend $350 and buy an XMP Edge prop. I run 3K worth of ballast plus passengers and have absolutely no problem getting out of the hole and on plane. If it's thrown in, get it, but IMHO it's not worth the extra money or gas consumption (if there is any).
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-22-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
Scott, Where did you get that prop for $350? What is the size, 14.25x14.5? Thanks...
Old     (loffgren)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-22-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Get the MCX dont be cheap, you will always wish you had.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-22-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
I got it at my dealer, Bay Area Watersports and, if I'm not mistaken, it's actually 14.5 x 14.5. It could be 14.25x14.5.

Andrew, I don't wish I had the MCX. I did before I changed props. I had a 13.75 x 19 on it originally. Changing the prop made all the difference in the world.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-22-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
things to get...

mcx (this is "the motor" to get when buying a mc...if you dont, it will kill the resale value bigtime..dont buy a mc without one, the mcx is one of the best motors hands down..there is a big difference when loaded down with peeps, ballast, or both)..tim day has a 05 x-2 with the acme 1235 prop - pulled 4 riders at once...amazing...the x-1 is one of the funnest boats to drive, dont go with the 310 motor...
pp - (works better and it will kill the resale value bigtime)
boat cover - mc makes the best factory cover hands down
bimini- mc makes the best factory bimini hands down
swivel board racks - mastercraft makes the best
depth finder - yes
bolster seat - yes
ballast - yes, yes, and yes..
charger - (?????)

would go with the jl slash (500/1) series and a custom sub for $1000 (custom setup)

like alot of people mentioned above.. you should be able to get a fairly loaded for $50k...

(Message edited by clubmyke on January 22, 2007)
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-22-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
skidim.com, I got that prop 14.25x14.5 for $330 before tax and shipping.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-22-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
Jeff, I'll sell you my '05 X2 with the MCX, Master Craft cruise, a nice custom stereo, tandem trailer, heater, etc... for $43,500.

You get all the options you really want and save $10k. What more could you ask for.

O.K. If you're not interested in my deal at least I can give you some advice.
-MCX= nice, but not necesary
-Factory stereo is pretty decent. If you don't want to go with an a-market system, then the factory one will get it done. You'd actually be suprised how much thump the 7" JL's have without the sub. If you get it without a sub it's easy to install later.
-IMO the factory bimini is a must. It's so nice. Way better than any a-market one I've come across.
-Factory swivel board racks.... Nice, but not totally necesary.
-MC cruise works really well, but is pickier to operate than PP. I always have to give new drivers a quick lesson before the try to get the speed lock dialed. PP is very user friendly.
-Make sure you get the full ballast system. Filling back bags manually is a pain if you ride a lot.

OK, I'm done. PM me if you want my boat, otherwise... good luck. LOL
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-22-2007, 10:52 AM Reply   
guido, how many hrs. ?
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-22-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
I have an an 06 x2 with an rtp-1 and mastercraft cruise and i think it works great. I run 2,000lbs in it plus about 5 ppl usually and it plains out fine with the stock prop and holds speed great. But i have heard that the mcx is better for resale
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-22-2007, 1:32 PM Reply   
Billy: 180ish