Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2005, 11:13 AM Reply   
I have been riding a Belmont 136 for 4 years now. It is continous rocker board. I want to upgrade but, I don't want much of a learning curve to the new board. I did buy a TFD 136 rode that for about a 1/2 of summer. But ended up back on my staple board the belmont. The TFD seemed slow to me. I have a steep tall wake on my boat and I can do back rolls tantrums 3's and all the normal wake to wake stuff. What should I get and how do you over come the change?

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2005, 11:24 AM Reply   
Everyone here is going to tell you to demo boards Dave. You already know that I will tell you the Absolute is the greatest board ever created, but that's just my opinion - you didn't really like the board that much when you rode mine. I wouldn't worry about a learning curve. You're a solid rider. Changing boards won't hinder your riding.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       05-31-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
True True True. What have you heard about Watson's new board?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
The Substance has been the same for at least 3 years I believe. Evan loves it. I just sold mine. I thought it landed hard but I was riding a 138 which is smaller than my normal board. A lot of people on this site love Watson's board though. It's def one of the favorites.
Old    wickedwake            05-31-2005, 12:38 PM Reply   
Well my personal favorite is the Transcend. You can search for Transcend here lately and see how I have been going on and on about this board. I could not be happier with it, huge pop super soft landings. It is a great board.

Also, they did change the Substance a little for 2005, I just cant remember what they told me they changed LOL.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-31-2005, 12:41 PM Reply   
i ride the '04 blindside blade 138, which in '05 is the blindside wolf. i've ridden the absolute (sick ass board) and the substance (another sick ass board) as well as many others, and i've yet to find one that i liked more than the blade.

give it a shot!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-31-2005, 12:43 PM Reply   
Dave. As I recall you said the Absolute felt too slow. The Transecend is much slower. You might want to try Trevor Hansens board, the Marius.
Old    wickedwake            05-31-2005, 12:49 PM Reply   
You cant go wrong with any board from CWB
Old    drewsky24            05-31-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
Im buying the Marius this week.