Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-30-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Hey I'm in the bay area, and I need to redo the apolstry on then 3 back cushions on my boat... I was thinking about the whole boat, but not in my budget. The one guy I talked to wanted wayy to much money. As I said just the 3 back cushions, the rest of the boat is in good shape.

any recommendations?
thanks
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-30-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
Call Palo Alto Uhpolstry. They are awsome and I think that they are very resaonable. I get all my boat vinyl for stereo panels there
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-30-2005, 12:34 PM Reply   
I was looking for their number, didnt find it... do you got it?
thanks
Old    flipout            03-30-2005, 8:04 PM Reply   
Im not in your area, but I had half of my interior redone for under 300.00 at a place that did not appear to be the most modern and up to date, but boat interior is easy for them to cover. Look around it doesn't take much to do a boat and my Malibu looks great.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-30-2005, 9:21 PM Reply   
where you from scrogg, i have a few pieces that need to be redone.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-31-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
I am also not in the area, but I just got all of my boat cushions recovered...picked them up yesterday. Place used marine vinyl and matched all the factory colors and patterns perfectly. It honestly looks like I bought a new boat...I was extremely impressed. I live in Georgia and they charged me $685 for 6 large cushions...for the quality of work, I was pleased.

Hope this helps.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-31-2005, 9:56 AM Reply   
I am also not in the area, but I just got all of my boat cushions recovered...picked them up yesterday. Place used marine vinyl and matched all the factory colors and patterns perfectly. It honestly looks like I bought a new boat...I was extremely impressed. I live in Georgia and they charged me $685 for 6 large cushions...for the quality of work, I was pleased.

Hope this helps.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-31-2005, 12:26 PM Reply   
A lot of the manufacturers can sell you just the skin for the seat, all sewed up and everything even for older boats. All I had to give the dealership was my vin and they knew the colors/styles/trim I needed.

All you need to do is pull the staples out of the old one and rip it off. Then put the new one on and stretch it a little while you tack it down with a standard staple gun.

Usually you can reuse the Hidem (strip of vinyl that covers the staples) but if not it can be bought cheap at a vinyl supply shop.

I think the whole rear bench for my Xstar only cost around $120 and it only took me an hour or so to staple it down.

It helps if you can do this in a warm room or in the hot sun, the vinyl will be a bit easier to move around and stretch. I used a space heater and did it in the living room in front of the TV.

The vinyl doesn't have to be super-tight, just taught enough so you don't have wrinkles and so that the staples hold well.
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-31-2005, 6:09 PM Reply   
use Stainless steel staples if you DIY, Rust is just ugly!
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-31-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
Andrew, where'd you get your seats done? I'm in ATL too and I don't mind paying if they do it right.

Thanks,

Pete
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-31-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
I emailed my local dealer and the observer seat bottom bottom is $240 for a new skin. Thats crazy! Anyone else know where I can ship it to for cheaper and get it done.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-01-2005, 8:50 AM Reply   
Hey Pete....here is their info:

Roswell Furniture Restoration
42 Oak Street, Roswell GA 30075
(770) 552-2558
www.roswellfr.com

They really did an incredible job...my Mastercraft X-5 had really intrique stitching and patterns and they were able to match every single detail (I think they used the old seats for templates) and they used marine vinyl. It honestly looks like I just went to the MC dealership and bought all new seats. I left the vertical pieces of my seats in the boat since they were fine, but I got the sunpad, rear bench, passenger seat, and drivers seat all re-done and everything matches up perfect.

Go check them out...their craftsmenship is incredible.

Old     (juice75)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-01-2005, 8:54 AM Reply   
I just started recovering my driver's seat cushion yesterday. I had all of the materials already, so I figured what the hell. I'll post some pics when I get done.....if it looks good, that is.
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-01-2005, 11:35 AM Reply   
Mark, you may want to call another dealership that price sounds way off unless your observer's seat has a ton of exotic materials embroidered in it.

I got my whole rear bench skin for $120 and the fron bow seat back for $65 or so from Texas Ski Ranch.
Old     (gizel)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-01-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
Sorry I was busy, here is the number and address

(650) 326-6414 - 2023 E Bayshore Rd, Palo Alto, CA
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-01-2005, 1:40 PM Reply   
Thanks, Andrew. I'll check them out.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-20-2005, 2:38 PM Reply   
Thanks Stewart... i'll give them a call
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-21-2005, 3:59 AM Reply   
still waiting for my seats to get done. upholstery guys are sssslowww.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-21-2005, 10:24 PM Reply   
Arron,
Hey brotha, give Fineline a call for the skins like Chaun said. I had my rear cushions done and at Fineline when my boat was there a couple years ago. You'd be surprised how inexpensive new skins may be.
Hope all is well with you.
Duane