Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (jenw2w)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-10-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
I'll be in Tucson for 3 weaks in February, is there any where close to get some rides in? Any good instruction?
Old     (mattyboyr6)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-11-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
I don't think there are any lakes down in Tucson. Most people head up to Saguaro, Canyon, or Apache from Tucson. We go out to Saguaro every weekend, and by Feb a few times a week after work. Saguaro is only about 2-2.5 hrs from Tucson. More than welcome to join.

As for instruction some of the ASU wake devils coaches do some instruction sessions. I forget the link but Brinkerhoff from this board is one of the coaches. And Jimmy Wolf I think is still doing it.

(Message edited by mattyboyr6 on December 11, 2005)
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-11-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
Firebird lake is a bit closer to Tucson than those other lakes. It's private, but at one time Brett Brinkerhoff was running lessons out of there. The lake has some unique aspects, so get some information.
Old     (jenw2w)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-11-2005, 9:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. Trying to decide if it's worth bringing the boat down or not. What would the water temps be like in Feb?
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-12-2005, 4:45 AM Reply   
If you're used to cold weather you'll probably be fine in a wetsuit in Feb if that. For Az natives like me, I use a drysuit in Feb.

Honestly, I doubt you'll find the 2.5 hour drive worth it if you're in Tucson. I'd try to find a pull and meet up with some locals at that time.

Have fun!
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-12-2005, 12:36 PM Reply   
many of the locals are very cool and pretty welcoming. Check out the Arizona Wakeboard Association's website.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-12-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
brett, has moved to fl, Joe shipka could maybe help you out at firebird or jimmy wolf. firebird is awsome place to ride.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-12-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Gordie, how the heck are ya? How's Larry doing? Hopefully well, I need to get your number from you. I lost my phone a while back, and with that lost my numbers as well.
Old     (jenw2w)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-12-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
It would be fun and maybe a little scary to ride with some different people! I am definately in the learning phase! We have a boat so I can drive as well.