Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-14-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   

I think I'll stop paying my mortgage so I can afford a new Supra....
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-14-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
I was with them until they said there was a discrepancy in the balance and decided to stop making payments. You can't paint outside the lines to make a statement and expect people to cheer you on when you're partially to blame for your situation.
Toolbags.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       10-14-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
I am with Barry. You can't just stop paying your mortgage because of a discrepancy....... Keep paying it and fight the discrepancy.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-14-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
Agreed. Seems like a great lesson to teach to your kids.

But... what if the servicer/bank did not have the note in hand or a transfer filed at the courthouse? Was the foreclosure legal?

This situation and subsequent media coverage is bringing to light some very serious issues for Too Big To Fail banks, bondholders, homeowners and govt owned Fannie and Freddie.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       10-14-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
If this attorney is successful he just became the most popular attorney in America.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-14-2010, 3:39 PM Reply   
F I hate people.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-14-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
So they get the home back with 400 credit scores and their same job. 1 yr down the road they want to refi just to find out the value has dropped $220k and they stop paying their payments again. Demand a modification on their loan and get it just to stop making payments again. Let's ask the family if they put the payments they didn't pay in the bank just in case or they went out and bought a new car and had another baby.
I know a tool that did they same thing! Well didn't lose the home, got the MOD done didn't make a payment for 4 months and went out and bought a BMW just cause he had extra money to spend.
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-14-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
Blame the peeps or the bank for offering it to them? Hey, need another hit of crack? Don't worry about it you can pay me next time... If it isn't legal to sell someone a mortgage, who is to blame?

Don't get me wrong, these people are a blight on the face of humanity. But, what if, they got taken for a ride by some illegal refi/mortgage offer?
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-17-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
maybe they could have afforded the payments had they stopped making babies, they said something like 8 kids i mean at some point you gotta stop!!!!
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-17-2010, 10:10 AM Reply   
oopps I stand corrected 9 kids