Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-12-2006, 11:51 PM Reply   
i want to decide whether to get 6.5" bazooka tubbies or 6.75" polk momo's? both are marine certified. if you have any knowlegde let me know.

i currently have 4- 5.5" kicker 3-way components in the boat with a 4-channel infinity amp. i'll be bridging the amp to the tower.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-13-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
The Polk Momo speakers dont come in a 6.75 size. The DB series comes in either 6.5 or 6.75 and sound really good. The Momo series MMC650 are rated at 90db and the DB series at 93db. If they are being used on the tower go with the DB series and stay away from the Bazookas.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-13-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
garold check out the audioformz polk momo's

they're awesome. i have a pair installed on my tower to match my interior speakers. they look and sound great. www.audioformz.com

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/285811.html?1140448832

Upload

(Message edited by brucemac on March 13, 2006)
Old     (beisbol20)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-15-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
bruce,
i was looking at the audioformz. do you have them amped (how much wattage?) and can you hear them from the water?
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-15-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
garold

i have them hooked up to a JL e4300 which is only rated at 45x4 at 4-ohms (bridging 2 channels to a sub), but that rating is pretty conservative from what i've heard. they sound incredible. i don't know about hearing them while you ride though. i'm sure plenty of people here would tell you they won't work for that. i simply can't answer because i haven't had my boat out yet. :-(

listening while riding wasn't/isn't a priority for me right now. sounding good in and around the boat and also looking good and matching my interior speakers was important to me. they are pretty loud though. maybe if you had 4 of them up there?!

i'm taking the boat back in a couple weeks from now to exchange the e4300 for an e6450 6-channel (same rating) and adding a JL 250/1 and a 10w3v2 sub to replace my current 10w1v2. :-)

it's gunna rock!

anyway, i can't say enough good things about ronnie and his product. they're sweet and i'm really happy with them.

Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-16-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
Do they have a quick release on them? Can't tell from the pic or their web site.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-16-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
no, they don't have a quick release, at least mine don't. they have nice torque hed screws though and the clamps are really nice. i can take mine off and on in two minutes. i've been looking into security screws for them also, but haven't had the time to come up with anything yet

actually, not sure if they're torque screws or not, it's an allen type head. great product though, especially for the money.

(Message edited by brucemac on March 16, 2006)
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2006, 10:52 PM Reply   
I have the Bazooka Tubbies and no amp. They do pretty well for me. I have no experience with the Polks or the Kickers, so I have no point of reference for you.