Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-04-2006, 11:57 AM Reply   
I am really considering making the move back to Hyperlite with the new L7 core. Murray's whole setup is just plain sick! The question I have is:
What size binding should I get? I wear an 8-8.5 so should i get the Mini Mediums or the Mediums? I think I read on here that Murray wears the Mini Mediums but can't remember his foot size...I can't find that thread either. Could someone let me know how these bindings run? (big or small)
Thanks ahead for the help.
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-04-2006, 12:50 PM Reply   
you want the mini mediums, but they aren't available yet. I wear a 9.5-10 and I have a Medium.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-04-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
cool....thanks Luke. I am not worried about them being available right away. I gotta get the loot to pay for them and haven't started saving...it will probably take about a month or two to save up. I will be purchasing the board and bindings together from boardco.com......760 isn't that bad of a price....I KNOW I KNOW....I AM THE ADVOCATE OF SUPPORTING YOUR LOCAL BOARDSHOP. I BOUGHT MY WHOLE LAST PACKAGE FROM LOCAL SHOPS INCLUDING THE TEAM BINDINGS I HAVE ONLY RIDDEN ONCE....BUT THE LOCAL BOARDSHOP IS CHARGING 400 FOR THE BINDINGS AND 399 FOR THE BOARD PLUS SALES TAX WHICH IS LIKE 36 DOLLARS WHICH ADDS UP TO 835 DOLLARS WHICH IS 75 DOLLARS MORE THAN ORDERING IT THROUGH BOARDCO.COM.....WITH THE FINANCIAL TROUBLE THAT GLASS N POWDER IS IN...I DOUBT THEY WILL MATCH THE PRICE. ONCE I GET THE MONEY I WILL GIVE THEM THE OPPORTUNITY TO THOUGH.
-Nate
Old     (lukewtwt)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-04-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
nathan, you have email regarding that package price.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-04-2006, 1:52 PM Reply   

quote:

WITH THE FINANCIAL TROUBLE THAT GLASS N POWDER IS IN...

what financial trouble? where are you getting this info?
Old     (gobigscott)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-04-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
I will match any price. Glass & Powder is doing better than ever, after shedding the dead weight that was our 2nd and 3rd stores!

We're still kicking butt at the original Richmond/Carytown shop, with new inventory from all major brands....and as always, we match any competitor's published price.

The real deal: our second store drained almost all our resources, with extremely high rent, promised foot traffic that never happened, and declining sales. So we closed that store and re-grouped at our original shop. So...we're now the independent, single-shop, still giving it all to riders all over the world. Just from one store, not three!

Cheers,

Scott

(Mid-Atlantic Wakeboard Series dates being announced this week! Bigger than ever, a new location, and pro's all summer!)
Old     (the_love_muscle)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-04-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
Damn Luke, are you selling my bindings before they even come in!?! I got you good you F%*$ker!
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-06-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
I wear 8.5 and run the smalls. I know, everyone is like, smalls!? Feet are so different from one person to the next so just go try them on at the shop. I like mine tight as well, so just depends on what you are lookin for.
Old    liquilite            04-06-2006, 3:28 PM Reply   
Nathan,
Those Murray boots are tending to run a little small (especially the first run off the production line). Even though you're normally an 8.0-8.5, I would suggest that you go with the Mediums (they're tending to run a bit small this year)... I think Hyperlite's sizing is just a little bit off so far this year. For an example, I just got the '06 ERA bindings in a XL, yet when I rode last year's ERAs I was able to fit in a Large (because I'm a size 11.0), but this year... That's just not the case. In fact I saw someone trying on a pair of '06 ERAs in a large, and he was a 10.5 and almost blew a sprocket trying to get into them... And the ERAs are supposed to fit up to a size 11.0! Well, there's my two cents... Take it or leave it.
Old    xtremebordgurl            04-06-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
I've been wearing mini-mediums for the longest time and my foot is a mens 7.5-8. I went to the boarding school back in feb and shaun didn't have any 06 bindings in yet, but, he did have his SMALL Murray bindings that he wears. I wore the smalls and I think they fit perfectly murray's feet are even a touch bigger than mine and he is wearing the smalls. He made a point to say that most people are wearing boots that are just too big for them. I would say the mediums will be too big, but I would try on the smalls and the mini-mediums and see what you think. The murrays are an awesome boot tho and I can tell you as soon as my shop gets 'em in I'll be picking up a small pair of the murrays for sure.
Old     (the_love_muscle)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-07-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
I wear an 8.5 shoe and the Mediums were too big for me. I am planning on going with the mini-mediums if they fit good. Although I like them tight as well, so I might end up with the smalls. On another note, I spoke with Hyperlite, and they told me the smalls and mini-mediums would not be available until May, and I can't wait that long to ride. (I sold my transits after going to Expo and trying on the Murrays) Unfortunately, I'll probably end up with some other companies bindings. Hyperlite has really let me down this year.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-07-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
hey bro i got a set of alphas i can sell ya real cheap until your murray's arrive. 2005 Alphas in Excellent (like new) condition for 75 bucks.
Old     (delta_rider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-07-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
Get the medium in the Murrays because you want to keep them for a while, trust me!
Old     (the_love_muscle)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-08-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
I should clarify my last sentence. Hyperlite has let me down with their delivery, NOT their product. They have, in my opinion, their best product line ever. I guess they don't have much of a market for small high end bindings, so they get the lowest priority. Thanks for the offer Nathan, but I'm looking for something a little higher end. More like the Watsons or Zeus
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-08-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
I just picked up a pair of 06 Murray bindings, size medium, and I wear a size 10.5-11 shoe.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-08-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Russell, I don't think your the only one that has been let down by Hyperlite delivry this year. From what I have heard, as I am only the stock/shipping guy aka shop b****, a lot of their production and shipping has been extremely slow. We are only a 30 minute drive from the wherehouse and we don't have much of their stock in for 2006 stuff as well. Pretty sad...
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-08-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
I agree with shaun on the smalls...i ride the 06 3DS's and have a 9-9.5 and have mediums and they are kind of loose. If you have a smaller foot than this, you definately need smalls. These bindings ride a lot different, my friends with size 11 feet wear my bindings comfortably
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-08-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Kyle, that is strange that an 11 could wear your mediums comfortably. I am a 12 and wore larges and couldn't wait to get myfeet out of them!
Old     (wkbrderx5)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-08-2006, 12:49 PM Reply   
ive got the 06 3ds and have a 9.5-10 foot, i rode the M/L Murrays last year and they were fine. this year after reading the post about the boots fitting smaller i tried to fit into a md and my foot was cramed all up in the sides. i guess i have an odd shaped foot but im stayin with M/L, havnent rode them yet though its cold up here in IL!
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-08-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
i have a size 9.5-10 foot and i decieded to get the mediums. they are definatly snug, but thats what you want, no movement at all. its almost as if these bindings were custom fit for my foot. thanks shaun i like the sizing, you rock!!