Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-02-2009, 11:08 AM Reply   
I want to add a surf board rack for a Hyperlite Landlock board. My tower is a Wakeair Vanquish which comes on a lot of Sangers. The rack came with two swivel board racks but the surf board is too big for them. Can you get a surf rack from Wakeair that will insert into the existing swivel bracket or do I need to get another rack to attach to the tower...if so, what is a decent board rack for this tower...
thanks...jg
Upload
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-02-2009, 11:31 AM Reply   
J, I would just buy a Monster Surfboard rack. They are only $190, you can mount on the small horizontal bar above the standard rack on the tower, and they have quick releases so you can pull them off.

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-34-monster-surfboard-rack.aspx
Old    marknoah            11-02-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
I have a v215 with the same tower and second the Monster Surfboard rack. I have been very happy with it.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2009, 11:58 AM Reply   
I don't know if you've tried but those usually fit in standard racks, well at least the Broadcasts do.
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-02-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
Thanks..I will check out the Monster Surfboard rack--and I have tried to get the board in the wake rack ( I think the Landlock is one of the biggest boards) but it is too big-- the tower is still folded --when I raise the tower again I will give it another try..
thanks.. jg
Old     (mjr)      Join Date: May 2009       11-02-2009, 9:13 PM Reply   
I just checked out the Monster Tower rack and the installation instructions say not to mount to a horizontal part of the tower - anyone know why or had any issues doing so?
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-03-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
We use an Endless Wave surf rack for boards that don't fit in the standard racks, works really well.
Upload
Old     (monsterman)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-03-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
Our clamps use a delrin insert between the clamp and the tower so that the clamp doesn't damage the tower. On a horizontal bar there is a decent chance that the clamp will rotate around the tubing with weight in the rack or hitting rough water. If you wanted to drill a set screw into the clamp you could and that would hold it tight, but mounting on an at least somewhat vertical tubing (such as a rear leg) takes care of the issue, which is what we recommend.

Kenton
MonsterTower
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-03-2009, 3:17 PM Reply   
What a web site!
Old     (mjr)      Join Date: May 2009       11-04-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
Thanks Kenton. I'll need to look and see how that would work with my bimini
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-04-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
I have all Monster Tower gear (MT1, two racks and mirror) and I love their quality and service. They are well designed (plastic sleeve protecting tower, quick release) as well.

The Broadcast will fit in a standard board rack, the Landlock is thicker and will not. Our crew went with the Broadcast 5.6'.

With the MT board racks most surfers (thin ones) will fit but you may have to trim the rubber inserts with a knife. I trimmed the top spot on both racks. Still holds boards fine.
Old     (scottymc261)      Join Date: Mar 2009       11-09-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
Could not find one i liked so I built my own.Upload