Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-15-2007, 4:57 AM Reply   
Looks like saturday is our day this weekend. I'll be looking for you Dave and Eustace.
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       06-15-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Hey guys, well its been a while since I posted but you may remember that I met Doreen and Alex while completing the boating safety course in Piscataway a few weeks ago.

Well since then two of my buddies and me have been out on Lake Hopatcong just about every weekend practicing our a$$es off! Apparently I am not as good as I remember being! Anyway we can all do fairly basic jumps off one side of the wake now and we're going for basic grabs and 180 turns now. I think my goal of doing a tantrum/flip by the end of the season may still be reachable...

I have a few pics but unfortunately nothing with any decent air. We will be taking some more pics this sunday so I will post them as time permits next week. The one below is me putting my snowboarding skills to good use!

Hope you guys have a great sunday on the water and I look forward to meeting everyone at Wakefest

-Sean

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/images111/Sean3.jpg[/IMG]
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-15-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
Dave, I'm in. I'll be at the ramp 9 a.m. See you soon!
Old     (wakegirl0919)      Join Date: May 2007       06-15-2007, 12:19 PM Reply   
Dave, I'm there. Thanks!
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-15-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
What an amazing day on the water today! I hope some of the guys post up some pics of the glassy conditions on the river. Nobody was out, it was sick!

Jim, Thanks again for the pulls today bro. Get that steering cable fixed man, we dont need to do donuts around johan again, haha . If you need some help, lemme know and I can take a ride down and help out on one of my days off.

Dave, you're one hell of a manual steerer dude, lol. I wish I could've stuck around to get out on the x1 w/ you guys... next time :-)

And I need a report back on how the wake surfing went! As you can see.. I'm regretting leaving. You guys need to do a better job of convincing me to be irresponsible. . . . no, seriously, lol. Dont let me leave early next time ;)

And it was good to meet some new guys, johan and ryan! Ryan, dont give up dude, you'll definitely have it after a little more practice!

See you guys when i'm off IR

Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-15-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
X1???
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
He mis-typed. He meant the X-Star.

After we got Jim's boat back to the dock with a broken steering cable (I steered from the back of the boat), I went home to get the X-star. With such great butter all day, I couldn't let it go to waste.

Sue, I'll be rolling in saturday around 9:30 instead of 9:00. Looks like the crew will be you, Kelly, Charles, Johan and my family. Should be a great day on the water once again!
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-15-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
haha. yea, sorry. xstar :-) x1 is something else i'm used to typing elsewhere... bad habits are hard to break :-)
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-15-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
Man wish I could be out riding, but I am stuck studying for the biggest test in my life up to this point. I even turned down an offer to go with Tim and Matt down to Tim's river house and ride all day today, tomorrow, and Sunday. Plus Tim's pretty bumbed out to becuase this is his last weekend of riding for a little while since he gets surgery on his ankle Thursday. Luckly Woody invited me out for a quick set Sunday morning to help break up the insanity. Hope all are having good times, and maybe I'll meet a few of the newbies soon.

Peace
I'm off to study some more
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-15-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
It looked glassy today when we went over the Burlington Bristol Bridge this morning. I was ready to go home and get the boat out. I hope tomorrow is more of the same.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
Yes it was to be an epic day on the water till the steering cable broke 2 hours into the day. I have never seen the river as flat as it was today. Thanks a million to Dave for steering me straight.LOL. Nice to hang out with Chris again and meet Johan and Ryan. Ryan was able to get up on my wakeboard on only his maybe 10th try on his first day ever of trying to wakeboard.Hopefully I'll get the boat fixed tomorrow and be ready for Sunday. Thanks for saving the day Dave.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-15-2007, 5:43 PM Reply   
I figured he meant the big square boat Dave, I was just funnin.

That's a bummer Jim. From everything I've read if your handy and I know you are, it's not an expensive fix.

As Russ said it looks like we will be going out early for some Sunday morning glass( God willing) and getting back before the low tide. Ill be looking for some riders during the week, next week with the awesome tides and the warm temps. Anyone interested let me know.

I too look forward to meeting some of the new people (newbies).

See you all on the water.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
Can you say pure butter? Look at that water in the back ground. It was amazing.

Upload
Upload
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-15-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
Man...... work sucks. It look like you guys were the only ones out there.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
few pics from today, just wanna thank dave and jim again for the last minute call!! and it was nice to meet them to and chris also, hope to meet the rest of the gang as well!

Upload

Upload
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-15-2007, 5:55 PM Reply   
chris and daveUpload
Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
How come Dave and I look like we are riding mechanical bulls?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-15-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
^^^Funny, Jim!

(Note to self......leave both hands on the handle unless going for a grab!)
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 2:13 AM Reply   
my bad both those pics are dave
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
"How come Dave and I look like we are riding mechanical bulls?"

Damn I miss you guys!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2007, 4:09 PM Reply   
Zuko, What's up brother? We'll see you soon man. Can I get an offical count down till wakefest?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-16-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
I see that their is a lot of discussion about the X Star in this thread. Does a stock X Star have the same size wake as a 23 LSV wakesetter or does the X Star need more weight?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
Okay the boat is fixed and I'll be testing it tomorrow.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-16-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
WakesetterLSV, although wake size may vary from boat to boat, more important would be the shape of the wake (trough, ramp, lip, etc.)

With that said, there are many riders in our group who can do all their tricks off an X-star, Bu, SANTE, etc. All these boats have great wakes, just depends on your preference of wake. You may like your BU wake better than all the rest. You just don't know until you try them all.

I run my X-star with stock ballast and sometimes an extra 500 lbs. No complaints from anyone here.
Keep in mind, you'll burn alot more gas with extra ballast and WEDGE, so what's the point? If you're a good rider, it's not necessary.

Just my $.02.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-16-2007, 8:47 PM Reply   
Nice, glad to hear you got it all fixed Jim. How long did it wind up taking? How much of a bitch were those rusty bolts to get out?
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2007, 11:28 PM Reply   
so im at work doin a 12 hr shift exhausted been boarding the last 2 days after work im gona go out with jim again then have to work 12hrs again tommarrow, just wana no if its crazy! or love of the sport?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-17-2007, 2:04 AM Reply   
Chris it was a complete pain in the a$$ and I don't ever want to have to do that again. Start to finish was 9 hours and a hundred cuts and scratches on my hands and arms.

Johan it is an addiction that we are all suffering from.

When I look at the pictures from Friday, in pic 1 Dave is stopping the boat traffic on the river and in pic 2 he's riding the bull.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-17-2007, 2:38 AM Reply   
but it feels so gooooood! so you ready to tear it up today? im gona try to get atleast a 2 hr power nap before we go so maybe that will help.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-17-2007, 2:45 AM Reply   
johan, you're definitely nuts man. I'm doin my overnight 12 hour shifts too right now and I dont think I could ride in between w/o collapsing from exhaustion. Of course, it helps that youre 15 mins away compared to my hour drive :/

Jim, that sucks bro. But hey, 9 hours working on the boat is better than bein at the office ;)

Have fun today guys, weather is gonna be perfect to be on the water. I'm jealous :-(
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-17-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Lucky #13, not counting today of course!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-17-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
Man, another great day of riding on the Delaware!
Well, it's not really a day when you start at 6 AM and wrap up by 10 AM, but it was still epic! No wind, no clouds, and best of all, no other boats until our comrade Woody arrived in his X-1. We had the place all to ourselves and it was a field of untouched butter!

Thanks again to Alex, Doreen and Connor for getting me out on their mission this morning. And both Michelle and Justin were along for the session as well and everyone was riding great riding great! And one of them, who will remain nameless had two epic faceplants to wrap up our day. Good times.

I'll be on the road until just before Wakefest, so i hope every keeps riding hard and I'll see you June 30th!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-17-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
We were out today, I saw Woody's truck and Alex's van. Got out around 9:30 and went down towards Florence but didn't see anyone. Water was great until around 1 when the wind broke loose and so did the chop. Wow did the water turn bad , fast. Still had a good time with good people. I'm down at work all next weekend, so I'll see you all at wakefest.

Chris, take care of that shoulder. I tore my stomach muscle bad today. I need a little time to recoop myself.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-18-2007, 2:13 AM Reply   
JIM I JUST WANA THANK YOU AGAIN FOR TAKIN ME OUT, ITS ALWAYS A GOOD TIME! RYAN AND TOM THANK YOU AS WELL!
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-18-2007, 6:29 AM Reply   
Dave, thanks for the pulls on Saturday. It was a great day of riding and we all ended up with some good crashes. I can't wait for my next one. Which means, like Johan, I must be crazy. I've been sore all day Sunday, and have been walking around in slow motion, but it's the good kinda sore so I'm happy. Only two more weeks till Wakefest!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2007, 6:54 AM Reply   
Sounds like it was a couple of good days on the river...Nice!

Doug, Karen, Micah and I ruled the horseshoe in Avalon again. Was a little bumpy sunday afternoon(bunch of tubers), but both evenings were HL Roam worthy.

Less than 2 weeks till Wakefest!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-18-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
Hey every body-
Did any one know that you can send text messages to landlines, well to my embarrassment I learned that this weekend. (Sorry Brian and Annette).

Brian thank you again for the offer to add some weight to your boat however there was no way in the world I was going to be able to do that so early in the morning.

I am glad to hear everybody had a great weekend on the water again. Looks like there are a bunch a new faces on the river which is pretty cool.

Jim- it looks like the back is doing alright based the absence of any sign of holding back when charging the wake.

Doreen too bad you were not on the boat with us on Saturday night, it looks like I may have gotten my first war wound for the season, its a nice little gash on my elbow that was debateble for stitches, I took kev's word that I am fine. I look forward to the new scar and hopefully no infections from the "clean" bay water.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-18-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
Doug, that salt water should have you healed up in no time..........besides chicks dig scars (especially young ones, eh?!)

Hitting some butter tonight with JN, ML, BW, AW and Kyle, then we're off camping next weekend in Delaware. Have a good week everyone. See you at wakefest!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-18-2007, 12:12 PM Reply   
Doug,the back is about 80% but I tore a stomach muscle this weekend.I'm still in the game, just a little beat up.Like Dave said, scares are cool.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-18-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
Although I hate getting up so early, it is sooooo worth it to get to the Bordentown ramp at 6:00am, not another soul in sight having all that glass all to yourself!
Alex, Connor, JB, Justin, and Michele felt the same way.

Justin rode like I've never seen him ride before. He was out there looking so smooth and every jump was as clean as you can get. Everyone rode well, and JB rode like a pro of course. Good luck at the comp JB, we're pulling for you!
Lunch with eveyone at Chickie & Pete's afterwards was pretty good to!

Doug, my poor baby!! What happened??!! Glad you had Kevin there, he would know if you need a stich or 2. Um, don't pick the scab OK?!

NJ Wakefest Headquarters is winding down with all the last minute strings we still have to tie. Not enough time I say. Should we postpone? J/K

Can't wait to meet the new people that have been posting. See you at wakefest. It's almost here isn't it?

(Message edited by njladydriver on June 18, 2007)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2007, 6:34 PM Reply   
Doreen,
What happened to Turtle Cove?? Looked like butter to me when we took the tour last June w/ Alex, Justin, and Michelle!

Or is it gettin' up early to hang w/ the homies,
that makes the drive worth while

And the count down continues...
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-18-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
hey just wondering if theres anything i can do to help w/ wakefest if so just let me no k?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
Set up & Take down helps!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
so get there 2 hrs early unless it's raining...
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
I'm an ass
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-18-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
I still love Turtle Cove, but for a number of reasons the river is just better. We had this exact conversation
over lunch at Chickie & Pete's on Sunday.

Doreen's right. There are lots of wakefest details that still need to be ironed-out. But still, here's
the tide schedule for this coming Saturday:
5:00am Low Tide
10:08am High Tide
5:22pm Low Tide
10:47pm High Tide
So...do I do the right thing and stay at 60 Sylvia to work on wakefest all day, or do I tow to Bordentown
and worry about wakefest on Sunday? Oh man...
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
ALExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
So...do I do the right thing and stay at 60 Sylvia to work on wakefest all day, or do I tow to Bordentown
and worry about wakefest on Sunday? Oh man...
Upload

WHAT WOULD YOU DO??
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
Yes Sir
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-18-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
Decided to go to Lake hopatcong last minute today. Turned out to be decent.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/dmayer84/6-18-07/DSC00014.jpg

(Message edited by dmayer84 on June 18, 2007)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-18-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
NJ Peep's,
Ya gotta admit this is one of the most memorable!!
Upload
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2007, 3:51 AM Reply   
Jeff, you are totally cracking me up!

Check out Michele from last years event in the above pic....showing off her "Wakefest Staff" duties with Brett Eisenhauer and Matt Hickmen! You go girl!

I hope Micah wears that t-shirt again. It was great! Hehehehehe
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-19-2007, 5:08 AM Reply   
Is Micah looking a little sweaty in that picture or is the lighting bad?

Yes, it looks like Michele's shmoozing Brett E, Brett's girlfriend AND Matt Hickman.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
Alex, if you need help bring gear down to wake fest,I could always come down to 60 Sylvia Lane on Thursday night or Friday morning and load some into my Bronco to free up some space in the van.

What's the situation with the porto potti for wakefest? Will there be more than 1 and will they be clean?
What time is set up gonna start this year and whats the plan for our boats. If you do raffles all day long and some of us are in the water what happens to their prize? Maybe set an exact time for the whole raffle to happen at once like last year.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-19-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
i ordered a vest from wakegiant and dropped some wakefest info to them. if alex, jb, or anybody else involved in planning wants to give them a call, ask for shawn (760) 249-6048; they may be willing to donate some goods for raffling.

doreen - sick poster!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
Jim, that's great, give Alex a call on his cell....these are some of the strings we are trying to tie up. I think Justin will be there Saturday morning with a truck at 60 Sylvia. And I think Kevin will be staying over. It's just such a haul from there to Bordentown and Alex is leaving at 5:00am to get there at 6:00am to setup and claim our spots for the day!!
Not sure who else plans on getting there that early.

The real problem is getting all that stuff back to 60 Sylvia the next day after wakefest. We plan on staying at the Hotel after the Transgression Premier so we don't have to drive back after such a long day and we can party, hang out, and relax.
Then early Sunday morning we'll be driving Randall, Ronn and his wife Dorothee back to the airport for thier morning flight home.
So we still have a few things to work out!

As far as wakefest events, Alex & JB have that worked out. There will definately be a set time for raffles, and all the other good jazz they have planned.

11 more days! www.njwakefest.com
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
Doreen I have to work at 4am the next day but I plan on taking off Friday for some riding and fun and also plan on being in Bordentown Sat morning as early as you need me to be.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2007, 5:22 PM Reply   
I'll be there by 6 Grill / tent in hand,, and what ever else is needed..
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-19-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
Eustace how's the boat?
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-19-2007, 7:20 PM Reply   
Jim, I may not know for sure until we hit the water this weekend. Last Saturday with the new fuel pump was the same result!! Again it was Pops Lef to the rescue, he came to the ramp loaded every tool from his shop (including the shop sink). So we loaded the boat and set off on a diagnostic voyage.

As best as Pops could tell, it is a bad MAP (mass air pressure; I think) sensor. I found the part at the local Chevy dealer and got it installed today.

Also talked to the folks at Indmar in attempt to locate the diagnostic port for the Electronic Motor Control, sure enough the Tech led me to it, but the interface tool I have has an OBD II connection and the boat is something different (possibly an OBD-M??). So I will have to wait till tomorrow to see if I can get my hand on the right connector, if I can I should be able to see what has or what is happening for sure.

Again, big thanks to Jeff Lef and his methodical trouble shooting.

It was while watching Pops work that I quickly realized I know nothing!}
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-20-2007, 3:49 AM Reply   
Jim, it looks like the majority of the crew will be there Saturday at 6:00am!

Pops Lef!! Gotta love him.

"in attempt to locate the diagnostic port for the Electronic Motor Control, sure enough the Tech led me to it, but the interface tool I have has an OBD II connection and the boat is something different."

HUH??!!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2007, 5:23 AM Reply   
Brian I hope you got it. I think they use a different plug on purpose so us motor heads can't use our OBD II scan tool to figure things out for ourselves.

MAP= manifold absolute pressure.

(Message edited by jim_b on June 20, 2007)
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
Brian, hopefully this is it and we are good for the weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Although Annette and I got quite the tan sunning ourselves in the boat IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RAMP...meanwhile PopsLef and you worked away. We were quite the show eating lunch, drinking beer, and relaxing in the middle of the Bordentown ramp. Definitely made the best of a situation gone bad.

Alex and Doreen, Thank you so much for the morning sessions. While 6:00 AM was tough to get up for, it was WELL worth it! Justin was so grateful I made him get out of bed that morning (if he had his way we would've slept till 10:00)...lol It was great being on the widow maker with the crew again. And the early shove off reminded me of the Turtle Cove Days...arriving half asleep, wearing the sweatshirts, freezing after your run...good times!! Then Chickie and Pete's lunch, meeting up with Woody and Theresa was awesome...gotta love those crab fries P.S. I have been known to be quite social and maybe even a bit of a "shmoozer." I do have a couple degrees in speech and language, I can't help it!!

Sunday afternoon we spent on the river with Ma and PopsLef in the Invader for Father's Day. For my dad there was no better way to spend it.

Then Monday night we were able to go out on Dave's boat for the nice evening rides. Thank you very much Dave! Everyone had great runs...although Annette had a few diggers. But she is a tough girl and I love it. Afterwards, she was ready to go again, in pain, but ready to go. And she is really getting better with the wake to wake. There are no "skirts" (as Alex would say ; ) in this crew!!

Today is JB's competition is Wisconsin so we want to wish him the best! As always he rode amazing this weekend!!

Can't wait for the Wakefest guys!!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-20-2007, 8:37 AM Reply   
Ding Ding Ding!!!! You hit it Jim, MAP.

As I am finding out none of the auto based equipment will crossover, it looks like the marine diagnostic tools are industry specific. http://www.rinda.com/acro/prodlist.pdf

I did bench test the MAP sensor and have confirmed that it is Morte' and when we removed if from the circuit the boat ran fine.

Sorry for technical rambling Dor, OBD II is a close cousin to C3PO and R2D-2 but not to be confused with OBD I.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-20-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
Greetings friends: Here's some news...there's going to be an amateur wakeboard event in Lavallette, NJ
on Saturday July 28. It's being put-on by a guy named Jason Stender who's from New Jersey and goes to school
at Virginia Tech. He's VP of the VA Tech wakeboarding club, and he was there for those F'ed up
shootings a few months ago. This event will be in memory of those who lost their lives and all proceeds will
be donated to a memorial fund. Jason has known Craig for years and the two of them are working together to
make this happen. And you know what? They want all of us to go! They said for this event all we have to do
is show-up, hang-out, ride if we want, and just have a good time without having to do any of the work. You KNOW
that sounds good to me! Jason will be at wakefest pressing the flesh, shmoozing the crowd
and promoting his event, and I suggested he leave a pile of fliers on the wakefest main table.

On another note, someone we know won his first round heat at The Nationals. Gotta love it.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
Ahhh, the joy of a newbe wakeboarding for the first time...
My Sara, decided that she'd give it a whirl last night...
Good for a laugh to say the least... I don't think I've ever drank that much water

Whats the deal for Fri Afternoon?? Are we getting together to hang, afternoon/evening?? Whose in?

See ya soon folks!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
Wow another wakeboard event here in NJ...we'll be all over this!

Anyone got pics of riding from this season? Please email them to me wakeboardnj@gmail.com
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-20-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
just wanted to no what time to show up to help w setup for wakefest? and if anyone is gona be hittin up bordentown this weekend?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2007, 3:31 AM Reply   
ZUKO if the weather is good I should be on the river Friday. Stay posted for more detail later.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-21-2007, 6:05 AM Reply   
abs feelin better jim?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-21-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
FYI,
Most of the Sports Authority stores in NJ are having a clearance sale on Coleman coolers. I picked up a 100Qt cooler last night for $39.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-21-2007, 1:22 PM Reply   
I'm going to join Johan and holler out...anyone riding this weekend?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2007, 3:40 PM Reply   
Chris my abs are destroyed, hows your shoulder?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
Jeff Z, I should be on the water next friday before wakefest as well. What time you arriving?

Alex, I'll be there early sat. morning to help with set-up. Anything you need me to get/bring?
(I'm coming with a box-full of supplies such as rope, duct tape, staple gun, tools, tent stakes, etc.)
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-21-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
I'd love to get Randall on the water Friday before the wakefest for our own little private show, but I don't think he's allowed to ride behind a Super Air or X-Star! You know, contract and all....he's a Malibu man!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
Quick somebody buy a Malibu
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-21-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
This thread is for POPS LEF.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/465934.html?1182475709
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-21-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
High Noon sounds good??...gotta' do the check in thing and all.. My Buddy Doug and I will be ready hit the river if you folks are willing.

You tell us what time to show and we'll be there

"but I don't think he's allowed to ride behind a Super Air or X-Star! You know, contract and all....he's a Malibu man! "

I'll ride behind anything Doreen
But I cannot do mobes

rollin on dubs woop de woop
Caddilacc what...

Don't know where that came from but f-it...!
To excited to think straight Yaaaa boyeeee
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-21-2007, 7:24 PM Reply   
Jim and Dave,
Are you folks crashing in B town Fri night?
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-21-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Shoulders feeling much better Jim. Havent had much time to relax, but the pain definitely subsided about 2 days after riding. Although the smart thing is to continue resting, I say screw it.. I'm good to go again, lol.

Is anyone staying down in bordentown the night before wfest? I'll be at a show in old bridge, but if it doesnt turn into a really late night, it might be a better idea to drive down afterwards and crash down there in a hotel or whatever.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2007, 6:22 AM Reply   
Zuko, I don't have to crash in B-town cause I live 18 minutes away.