Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (whirlynuke02)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-26-2005, 3:21 PM Reply   
i recently bought a camcorder and i was wondering what y'alls opinions were on a good video editing program to get. The cameras a Canon zr200. I have pretty much no experience in this field so any help would be appreciated.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-26-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
Well, are you using PC or Apple? Either way start with Windows Movie Maker or Imovie. Both are already loaded on your computer. Understand that video making is very memory intensive and you are going to need a fast computer with a lot of storage space to make movies.

Windows Movie Maker is a decent program to learn. If you still want to get more advance then we can start talking about Vegas, Premiere Pro, Final Cut and Avid.
Old     (whirlynuke02)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-27-2005, 2:29 PM Reply   
yeah ive got a pc, windows xp, pretty fast and defintiely enough storage so ill be good in that department. i cant seem to find windows movie maker though. are you sure its standard? my computers pretty new so i would imagine that it should be on there if you say its standard.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-28-2005, 8:49 AM Reply   
Start - Programs and look for "Windows Movie Maker".
If not there: Start - Programs - Accessories -Entertainment "Windows Movie Maker"

Still can't find it.
Start - Search - click on all files and type "Windows Movie Maker"

Or download here
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx
Old     (whirlynuke02)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2005, 6:06 PM Reply   
Thanks, man- it was on acessories after all.