Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (dfrost733)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-14-2009, 6:55 AM Reply   
Literally! We can not get Chandler to do this simple invert correctly! He spins EVERYTIME. He has been trying so hard and getting SO frustrated and just can't understand why he can not land this trick! His body turns in the air after take off. So we video him doing a back flip off the diving board and this is what we saw...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHhzggugraw
which is the reason he is rotating. He CAN NOT do a straight back flip! This was the same after an hour of trying to get him to go STRAIGHT back! How can we get him to land this trick? here are some tantrum attempts..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gldQYIAvwQI
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-14-2009, 7:02 AM Reply   
I think the video off the diving board is linked from your account. It asks me to login to view it for some reason.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-14-2009, 7:27 AM Reply   
It sounds like you guys are putting a little to much pressure on him and he is putting too much pressure on himself, maybe work on another trick and come back to that one, the worst thing for someone trying to learn a trick besides being upset about it is someone else being upset about it too.
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       07-14-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
I would have him try to hold his arms out like a cross when he tries a back flip and his head needs to go straight back and arch the back with it. It sounds like it is all in his head. Some people tuck there knees to there chest when throwing them but I find it easier to lay them out. I am now trying to tuck my knees so I am not chasing the grab.

Hope that helps.
Old     (dfrost733)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-14-2009, 8:25 AM Reply   
It's definitely all in his head! He can't "see" this trick because he wants to be able to look at the wake. maybe we will just try something else for a while. It's more about him putting the pressure on himself. He can't understand why everyone says it's the easiest trick to land and all his friends are doing it and he still can't! We might try the cross thing, I did have friend who mentioned that yesterday, we will give it a shot.
Old     (trewblu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-14-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
shaun murray says to look straight up at the top of the wake because his head must be looking to the side at the top of the wake to thats why his tantrum is turning in to a tantrum to fakie.To put it in simple form look where you want to go
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       07-14-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
If he can get it in his head to throw it straight back and not try to look over the shoulder he will be fine. When I first tried this I slowed the boat way down (16-18mph to get the feel of it and then when I thought I had it down I hit it first try at full speed. Tell him not to worry about spoting the landing just focus on going straight back. I never saw the landing at first it just came around and I was standing.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-14-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Im not a real good coach but from what I saw he is riding his edge all the way through the wake which does not release tension on the line. He should try standing tall a few feet from the wake, this will get him off edge, release tension and allow his body to flip straight back and over. Atleast that is what helped me to learn this trick. Good Luck and give him a break.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-14-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
so, I have the same problem. getting mad pop, but im watching the boat so I turn to fakie.

I definitely like watching the wake throughout my tricks. so when do you turn away, right when you pop? or when you let go of the rope (which would totally be a timing then then).
Old     (dfrost733)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-14-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
Ok, So I am really not upset, I thought it made a good subject title!lol He is frustrated, therefore so am I. I don't put pressure on him to land anything. He wants to progress and knows he needs this trick in his bag. I am pretty much coaching him by what I read and see in videos, so any tips are appreciated.