Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-10-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
I have family in Vegas. We are going there on 7-2 thru 7-12. My parents said the lake is falling 10 feet a month. But Powell is going up 6 inches a day. I heard Lake Powell is not releasing water until a certain level they are going to hit. I was wondering is anyone riding at Lake Mead now and what are the conditions and level status. Will I be able to launch in July. We usually go through Boulder City and launch at the marina right around from the dam. Thanks for any info Don C.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-10-2009, 7:43 PM Reply   
ITs a HUGE lake.. plenty of water.. ramps arent so great but they really never have been.
Old     (predatorll)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-10-2009, 8:15 PM Reply   
I live in Vegas and rode Mead last week. The water level is low, but there's plenty of paces to ride. I launch out of Callville and we do just fine. You should have no problem
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-11-2009, 5:14 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I rode there aprox 2 months ago. It was higher than last year by about 20 feet. My parents said it went way down and the ramps are dirt now. They are not adding more concrete. Steven how is the riding at Callville. I have driven up there and looked at the marinas but I didn,t have my boat with me. We usually launch by the dam. thanks again
Old     (suprasurf)      Join Date: May 2009       06-11-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
I launch at Boulder Harbor and I have a lowered full size chevy and have been able to launch, the launch ramp you are referring to is Hemmingway and it is the least steep of all the ramps and is the hardest I believe to launch from because it is so shallow.
Old     (suprabruiser)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-11-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
The lake is low. Once you launch there is plenty of water. Boulder Harbor is the best ramp in the lower basin. It's only a few miles north ( further from the dam) of Hemmenway Harbor. Here is a link to check current ramp conditions. http://www.nps.gov/lame/parknews/rampconditions.htm
Old     (predatorll)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-11-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
Riding is good at Callville if you go during the week or early in the morning. It gets real crowded out there on the weekends to the point that we don't even bother. Let me know if you need a crew.

Riles