Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2009, 8:19 AM Reply   
Ok, so i bought an Obrien Alias for $200 a couple years ago. Have more than gotten my money's worth out of it. But its short, 4'6" i think.

I have always wanted to get a longer Broadcast, thinking now might be the time to find a deal. I'm in California in either the Bay Area or Sac area. Anyone seen these getting closed out? Best i can do is $250-260 online.

Thanks!
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-10-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
I'm in Sac and I haven't seen anything.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-10-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
If you've been doing this for a couple years, there is no way you're a beginner anymore. The Broadcast is a beginner's board. It's slow, and useless beyond cruising. Even for cruising it isn't anything special.

Maybe try an Inland Surfer board. They have some nice boards that arn't super demanding on your commitment to the sport.

(Message edited by taft on February 10, 2009)
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-10-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
only your wallet
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-10-2009, 11:50 AM Reply   
Ah ya didn't see your budget range. But online you should be able to find some good deals on second hand boards.

Like here: http://forums.wakeoutlaws.com/Garage-Cleanup-t2191.html

They have an IS board that I'm sure has a very good price tag. It is still short, but may ride better at that length compared to what you have now. I'm getting the Chase Hazen board listed there, and if that IS board is anything like the shred stixx one, it has a great price and is in great condition.

(Message edited by taft on February 10, 2009)
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-10-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
hm, ok, haven't ridden much else. My boat throws a small wake (Response LXI DD with wedge/balast), but i mainly ride behind a Wakesetter VLX.

I'll look into what else is around. Any specific Island Surfer board? I know someone with a red tide for sale, how is that one in comparison? I'm about 170lbs, 5'11"

(Message edited by dhcomp on February 10, 2009)
Old     (turkish)      Join Date: May 2008       02-11-2009, 2:00 AM Reply   
I've got an IS Blue lake (5'4) that I use behind the same type of Malibu. Being 230lbs though it is really hard work for me to stay in the pocket. At your weight it would be pretty easy for you on that board. I posted a few weeks ago about the broadcast and took the advice of everyone and ended up getting an awesome deal on an IS Red Woody (thanks to the Australian distributor). I really like the finish of the IS blue and the way it rides so the extra $$ I spent wont hurt too much when the red arrives. I don't think for your size the broadcast would be anything special behind your boat especially if you are already running behind the boat on a 4'6. There are shorter IS models out there (that blokes my size can only dream of riding) that others would be able to give you some advice on.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-11-2009, 10:44 AM Reply   
Tim,
Too bad you are so far away. The board i should probably be getting is that IS Blue.

Truthfully, i don't have much fun behind the response, so im more worried about the performance behind a larger boat.

I'll tryout the red one though, the price is right. Thanks guys!