Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bnallglm)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-09-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
I'm on my 3rd byerly monarch, the 1st one I had 4 about 8 months b4 the bottom started comin apart without hittin sliders, I sent it back & got the 2nd one & it lasted 5-6 rides & the tail snapped on it, & I just got the 3rd 1 this week & rode it 1 time & got it off the boat & noticed a huge bubble where it looks like the top is separating under the front boot... Its a 2009. Is anyone else had the same bad luck on these? Or is this just me?
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-09-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
i have a 2008 byerly Monarch 56" i am 215lbs and have two season on this board no problems yet..... that i havent caused on my own split a fin hitting rails at Wakenation i am such a durrrrrrrm@$$. a little epoxy to cover it and of i go
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-09-2010, 6:24 PM Reply   
Brandon, you broke another one?! Maybe we should think about getting you into a different board? This is not normal for the Monarch. Call me up tomorrow and we'll figure something out. Maybe we should get you into a BY Conspiracy or a Murray NOVA. You know the number and the email address right?

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-09-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
I have heard the 09 Monarch had some problems. I just got the conspiracy, which is a pretty sick board, I think it takes the best bits of the monarch and makes it much better. It is SUPPOSED to be touch as nails also, but I wont be able to comment on that for a while.
Old     (bnallglm)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-14-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
Corey & the H.O crew have done it again & takin great care of this situation... the ride & performance & the amazing customer service is why i will always ride a H.O product! thanks again H.O. team 4 everything!

Last edited by bnallglm; 06-14-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old     (samwise)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2010, 1:18 AM Reply   
how about the 2010 Monarch...they good?
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-16-2010, 6:29 AM Reply   
i have a 09 in package but havent used it yet think it may feel too loose i am used to riding with some kind of removable fins
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-16-2010, 7:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for the kind words Brandon! Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-22-2010, 8:34 AM Reply   
ive had the 09 monarch sitting around since december. was thinking of selling it but then opened it last night and rode it. it was sick! im coming off a dhv1 142. the monarch didnt feel overly loose to me the fins are just enough to track really good. and it cuts fast. it feels nice and poppy, im on the 54". after two sets i was really into it
Old     (tbcustomz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-22-2010, 5:13 PM Reply   
I am considering picking up an 09 closeout 56" monarch but I am concerned with breaking it. I have been riding a LF trip 142, but want to upgrade to a light board with more pop. I dont go huge, but not all my landings are smooth and I weigh around 200 lbs. i don't ride any rails or anything. Just behind a boat. If I break it what is the warranty on last years model? Would I be better going for the conspiracy?
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-22-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
its a one year warranty i believe. i would get it man theyll hook u up if you break it no worries. lightest board ive ever picked up
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-22-2010, 8:27 PM Reply   
not dissing the monarch but I believe its the only board in the byerly lineup that doesnt have the glass rope tech, hence making it less durable I assume. Conspiracy rides way better, but thats just my opinion
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-22-2010, 11:21 PM Reply   
NOT one year, the 2009 Monarch has a limited lifetime warranty, which means it is limited to the average lifetime of that board. 4 years. Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-23-2010, 6:35 AM Reply   
even better. do you have to register it? i got that slip that comes with the board but havent sent it in, should i save this?
Old     (tbcustomz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-26-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
ordered the 09 monarch. Cant wait to try it out. Hopefully there wont be any warranty issues but it nice to know hyperlite stands behind their products so well.
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-26-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
I had an 08 monarch and it got pretty much destroyed on my first slider session. fins were ground to the bottom and took some chunks out of the rails. the new stuff is much more durable but the older stuff is not.
Old     (greg_nelson)      Join Date: May 2009       06-26-2010, 9:04 PM Reply   
Dude, Corey is the Man!
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-27-2010, 12:02 AM Reply   
Thanks Nelson! You dont have to register it but it is always a good idea. No matter what board you buy from what ever company you should save your receipt. Same thing goes for anything that you buy that is more than a couple hundred bucks. It just makes sense and saves the hassle of explaining the situation. Do everyone a favor and include any information you can. Any time you can include how many times you ride, how it failed, what color the boat was that was pulling you, yatta yatta. The more information included the better, that's the kind of information people like Nelson and product managers can use to make a better product in the future. If you want you can always email me too and tell us exactly what the situation is. Thanks!

Corey M @ Hyperlite
coreym@hyperlite.com
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-27-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_L View Post
I had an 08 monarch and it got pretty much destroyed on my first slider session. fins were ground to the bottom and took some chunks out of the rails. the new stuff is much more durable but the older stuff is not.
Yup saw that happen to one at our park, my conspiracy is holding up like a champ so far with almost daily cable abuse
Old     (tbcustomz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-01-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
well, just got the board and sending it back to evogear before even riding it. The base has an irregular shaped rough area. I am trying to decide if I should exchange it for another or just get a refund
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-07-2010, 10:40 AM Reply   
TBcustomz - do you know what your RA# is and what board you sent in to have replaced? If you sent in an older board you may have gotten a demo quality board (or 2nd quality what ever you want to call it. BTW - demo quality does not mean it has been demoed) Some things slip through the crack though, so look into it and let us know if you have a question about what is going on. One of the worst things you can do is just send back a board blindly because you dont think it is right. There may be a reason why you received the board you received. If you send it back without questioning it you may be responsible for the shipping and we dont want you to pay anything extra if there is a simple explanation.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-08-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
I've had some of the same durability issues with my Monarch (08 popped the screw holes, and the fin on my 09 is somehow managing to just disintegrate before my very eyes) but I LOVE the board, it's definitely the best ride I've had so far. Haven't had any issue with warranty so far though, these guys are definitely good on their word on the warranty. I would definitely be down to try out a different one that rides like the monarch but holds up like the old gear.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-08-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
Alot of the guys who were riding the Monarch last year moved to the 2010 Murray NOVA this year. Blended 3 Stage, forgiving, etc. Or you can stick with the 2010 Monarch with a BIO core. Not as light, but the fins should hold up better. Plus it is less expensive so you wont feel as bad putting her through her paces. Hope this helps.

Corey M @ Hyperlite
Old     (tbcustomz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-10-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Corey. I sent it back to Evogear to exchange it for another 09 monarch. They also offered me a discount to keep it or a refund. They covered the shipping costs. So far their customer service has been great, but the monarch I just got in exchange has a small but noticeable "cut" in the top coat. The plastic over the cut is intact so I guessing it came from the factory that way. These have both been relatively small cosmetic issues, but not what I was expecting being a high end board. I questioned them about them possibly being blems, but these were not suppose to be. They also sell blems. They are going to look over the one remaining non-blem board they have in stock before exchanging it again. They supposedly looked over the last one before shipping. Otherwise I am getting a refund this time. Maybe I should look into a different board. I wish the one shop we have in town had a better selection so I could see the board in person before buying.