Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MikeV253)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-12-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
Hey guys, just got a new boat this year.. A 07 Moomba lsv. I know its not the best wakeboarding boat compared to the newer boats that are out there but its what i have to work with. Just trying to make the biggest wake possible. Have gotten pretty good over the summer landing tantrums and 360s. But was wondering on what els i could do to make a bigger wake. it puts out only about 1200lb ballast. it has a wake plate but with messing around with it i have seen it doest do much. just trying to get as much height as possible so im thinking adding a fat sac is probably the only way? Also what do you guys think about the moomba cruise control? i have found it really hard to use and maintain and equal same constant wake.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-12-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
what is your boat expereince?
the wake plate should make a pretty good difference in the additude of the boat, time to plane, and wake shape.

for more wake. replace the 400s in the rear with 750s, and add the integrated bow sack up front. that will put you in the 2400-2500 lb range.
if you can only do one at a time do the front sack first without it you wont be able to fill the rear 750s. youll never get on plane.

if you have "moomba cruise" then yes ive heard it sucks. both of my moomba LSVs have had perfect pass.

also proper technique will get you way more height that adding more ballast....
Old     (MikeV253)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-12-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
i have really good boat experience, around them my whole life. Do you use your wakeplate? if so at what point do you use it at 1/2 or 1/4? Thank you for the ballast tip. ill have to look into upgrading or getting that bow fat sac first. yes i do have that cruise control and it sucks! can they upgrade that to perfect pass you think?
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-12-2011, 1:24 PM Reply   
I would check this out before PP see if they have one for your boat. I have an 08 supra and PP with paddle wheel sucks to.
http://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4-pp.html
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2011, 1:51 PM Reply   
The 06+ LSVs are awesome boats. Very good wakeboarding wake and a great surf wave as well. Some weight up front makes the biggest impact on improving the wake over stock.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-12-2011, 2:36 PM Reply   
This is a picture of my 08 LSV. The weight setup is stock ballast full. A 750 across the bow seats and a 750 right in front of the back bench seat. This is the best setup I have found thus far. This is with the plate all the way up at 24.2mph at 65ft. If you want the wake more vertical put the plate up, if you want it more mellow put it down. I upgraded from moomba cruise to perfect pass but probably wouldn't do it again for the money.

Last edited by bzubke1; 09-12-2011 at 2:42 PM.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-12-2011, 2:52 PM Reply   
In my experience the factory wakeboard prop does more to hold speed consistent than perfect pass. I recently dinged the wakeboard prop on my boat and had to put the stock prop back on and noticed pretty much the same speed fluctuation as I used to get with moomba cruise when I had the stock prop, once the wakeboard prop was repaired there was much less speed fluctuation. Perfect pass is really nice if you have different people driving you all the time, it is much more user friendly, with moomba cruise I always had to give a short lesson to someone who hadn't driven a boat with moomba cruise before. Basically in your shoes I would get a prop before perfect pass.
Old     (MikeV253)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-12-2011, 4:35 PM Reply   
Hey guys thanks for all your inputs. Looks like im going to have to get a bow fat sac and another one for infront of the back bench seat. I dunno about the whole wake plate deal tho. I think it works for surfing but shaping the wake with it for boarding I could never get a clean wake there would always be some white wash at the top and cause me to be off balance when hitting the wake.