Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Spence680)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-10-2014, 11:18 AM Reply   
Seems like these boards are pretty similar with what I've been reading. People who ride the code 22 seem to love it but I can't find any real good reviews on the Timebomb. Supposedly the timebomb pops more than the code 22 but is it really that much of a difference? I'm looking for good speed and tons of pop.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-10-2014, 4:38 PM Reply   
From talking to Dean Smith personally and from feedback I've gotten at my shop, the Code should have more pop than the timebomb in terms of height (most people prefer height over distance) this is cause of the steeper rocker it's got. However, the cut will be harder on the timebomb and you'll feel less overall drag in the board too, it will track hard. So if you want a straight pop and toss board, the Code is where your at, it will require less work to get more air. However, if you know how to time your pop real well- the timebomb will reward you greater just because of the tracking. Nonetheless, they are both great boards and neither one will fail your expectations.
Old     (Spence680)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-10-2014, 8:39 PM Reply   
Thanks! Very informative.
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-10-2014, 11:15 PM Reply   
Rode the Code 22 last weekend, had been riding a Ronix one (4 years old design), love the speed and pop of the 22. I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs and went with the 139 as I hate how slow typical 144's feel on the water. I used to ride the hyperlite parks boards for the speed, but they were inconsistent. The 22 is easy to ride and very "poppy"! Cutting was much easier. Make sure to measure your boots distance apart on your old board, as the mounting holes are spaced differently on newer boards (wider).

Haven't tried the Timebomb, but everyone keeps saying you'll be able to do the same tricks on either board.
Cheers,
DC
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-11-2014, 4:50 AM Reply   
I own both, and would agree that you'd be able to do your tricks on either board. both are great. I give the edge to the Code22, not because I feel it "pops" more (I think both boards can be taken equally as high and as far into the flats), but because to me it feels a bit more consistent and a touch faster.
Old     (Spence680)      Join Date: Apr 2014       07-11-2014, 10:26 AM Reply   
I'm 5"11 185lbs. I went with the 143 code 22. Should I have went with the 139???
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-11-2014, 5:47 PM Reply   
I just ordered a code 22 143... pretty stoked about it from all I've heard and what I just read.
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-11-2014, 7:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence680 View Post
I'm 5"11 185lbs. I went with the 143 code 22. Should I have went with the 139???
No. You've easily got a couple inches and a couple pounds on Dean Smith and he rides the 143.
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-21-2014, 7:07 PM Reply   
Spencer or Henry, did you try the board out let? verdict?
Cheers,
DC
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-22-2014, 6:27 AM Reply   
got my code 22 in the mail last week and have ridden it a few times since and I must say I'm in love.

Coming from an '11 shane this board is a rocket. You can obtain speed without much effort cutting into the wake and the pop has been quite explosive as well, especially when I hit the wake perfectly on edge. I'm still getting used to the board overall, I've ridden the shane model behind the boat since 2008 but the board is very user friendly and doesn't require too large of a learning curve (as opposed to the one, which I also rode, that board was far too slow for me)
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-27-2014, 4:40 PM Reply   
I bought a Code 22 this week and have had about 4 sets on it so far. Went with the 143. I'm 6'0, 170 and 32 years old, figured the softer landings would hopefully be beneficial. I'm purposely aiming for the flats more than I ever have with this board. It definitely tracks solid, but breaks loose when you need it to. It also pops big and smooth. My biggest concern before buying was the board would throw me like some of the old Parks shapes did, can't say I've had that happen yet. I came off a LF Witness and before the Witness, rode a Premier for years. I was leaning towards the one initially before doing a little research. Not sure how it compares to the one, but Ronix did one heck of a job with their design on this board. I have a buddy with a One Modello I'm looking forward to getting on in the next few weeks to compare. I'll check back after I do.
Old     (hotrod508)      Join Date: Oct 2013       07-27-2014, 6:22 PM Reply   
@spotts I too rode the witness 139 as my last board! I really like the the code 22. I went with the babooshka fins I think they are .6 really loosened it up. As long as you stay on edge this board is a rocket! Mine is a 139 I'm 6' 180lbs.