Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
Dennis, I think both your pictures are fair representations of your boats capabilities. Actually they may be underestimating it.

Pete, you've posted on here about 5 times and its been mostly offensive. Welcome to Wake World! You also posted 5 or 6 pictures there and 1 or 2 have a wave that is OVER your waste then go on to call it consistently over your waste. It's a big wave to be sure but your first pic was a poor representation of it. There was a couple there that looked great. By the way what time was it when you were surfing?
Old     (_somepeteguy)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-26-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
If you ever get a chance, I would love to see what that looks like from the side, from a chase boat. Or better yet, see it in person, where are you from?
No chase pics. Maybe someday.

I'm in the SF East Bay
Old     (_somepeteguy)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-26-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolio View Post
Pete, you've posted on here about 5 times and its been mostly offensive.
Sorry , I had no idea you were so incredibly sensitive. Do you need a tissue?

Quote:
You also posted 5 or 6 pictures there and 1 or 2 have a wave that is OVER your waste[sic] then go on to call it consistently over your waste[sic].
Wow, you're really struggling here. The wave is consistently over my waist(!) in those legit pics that were taken from within the boat.

Normal people understand that it being "consistently over my waist(!)" means that at the tallest point in the pocket it is that height.

Normal people also understand that depending upon where the rider is on the wave, the height relative to their waist(!) will vary, even though the wave height remains the same.

Oh no, it's not over my waist(!), even though it was just a few seconds before. What happened?

Quote:
It's a big wave to be sure but your first pic was a poor representation of it.
Yeah, it's all that "trick photography crap." What a waste(!)

Quote:
By the way what time was it when you were surfing?
5:06 pm - 5:16 pm
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-26-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
I'm sorry that I offended you to the point where you feel the need to name call and put down. I'll not further engage you in your caustic behavior.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-02-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
Thought I'd be the first to post up a Moomba surf wake.

2008 Moomba XLV

1100 v-drive sac
400lb sac on surf side seat
400lb sac surf side floor
1180 center sac full
Driver only in this picture

I think I need another 400lb on top of the 1100 and I'm there.

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-02-2010, 6:50 PM Reply   
08 centurion falcon custom falcon sack best guess is 1200lbs 350 pounds in people and 200lbs lead in the bow under the bow filler cushion switchblade at 4 speed is 10.8 same on the goofy side
Attached Images

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-02-2010, 11:02 PM Reply   
we have a 2002 sanger v230 ..... i have 500lbs of lead in the rear with 1100lbs of water on top ....... 500lbs of lead under the side seat ...... i weigh over 300lbs ...... i surf all day with just my 2 kids no problem ...... we put 200lbs of lead under the front the wave gets way long ...... if i put the full 2100lbs in the rear locker our wave is short and is over the top of my sons head ...... its rideable and thats about all it is ...... all my weight is under cover ...... my next goal is to get a huge single fat sac to fill up the rear locker which should get me about 1500lbs ( then i can get rid of the 500lbs of lead back there now ) ...... ill post a pic some day of the huge short wave
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2010, 11:32 PM Reply   
Frank, I can imagine how big that wave is. I have a 237 and if you superload the back, the wave just gets ridiculous tall. Still playing around with the weight for the perfect wave though, hoping to have my surf setup posted here soon.

I'm running about 1300-1500 in the rear, 750 on the side seat, 600 under the floor in the middle and another 600 on top of that. Once it is tweaked, with probably less weight on the side seat and the wave about 5 feet longer, I'm thinking the wave will be something special.

These Sangers are sick.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-03-2010, 10:09 PM Reply   
sean cummings told me he had a 230 sanger and his wake was a tad less then his enzo ....... he told me he would run 1100 in the rear, 600 on the seat, 600 on the floor next to the seat and 250 in the front ...... and had about 300 in the floor ...... im in the delta where its shallow and my wake is constant killer at my setup ...... we just went to a lake for 5 days and played around with the weight some ...... we had 300 in the front, 300 in the floor, 600 under the seat, the 1600 in the rear and the wake was so long it was incredible with just 2 in the boat ....... chris said it was the greatest wake we ever had behind the boat ....... with my weight i have a hard time with just 1100 in the rear ...... i would love to see the 237 wake ...... last fall tried to find one to ride in and they couldnt get me in one
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-11-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
Man, you guys add a lot of weight.

24ssv.
stock 400 lbs on port side
wake plate 100% up
11.4 MPH

That is it. It works. We just started a few weeks ago but can ride without the rope for a couple minutes like this.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-11-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
@tre, thats cool, show some pics. Once you start playing and making a bigger wake, its hard to go back. But if that works for you, don't let anyone tell you to do different! Anyway, I haven't seen many pics of newer supras surfing, so be sure to post some pics. :-)
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-11-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
01 Sanger V210

450-500 in the vdrive locker,
800ish on the floor,
300 in the ski locker,
400 up front on ride side,
and another 300 or so on the rider side seat.

It was do able,and fun......kinda tough when my kid rides goofy though....oh well.

pic was shot from observers seat.
Attached Images