Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old    mendo247            05-05-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
Time for a new set of bindings. Does anyone think the Zeus are too stiff? In all the adds they act like its a really stiff boot. Im wondering if id be better off with the Answer. For what its worth ive always had Highbacks or Murrays.
Old     (waketherainbow)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-05-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
The new Zeus were too stiff for my taste, and I usually like a supportive boot (ride the 07 Watsons). I only rode them for a couple of sets, so they probably stretch out a little bit. They are comfortable though. I haven't tried the Answer yet, but I think that I would like them better than the Zeus.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-05-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
i actually liked the zeus's more because the tongue stiffner i thought distributes the pressure more evenly over the top of my foot where the answers puts a lot of pressure on my arch.

The zeus's when broken in arent that bad still not as flexy as some but not too bad.
Old     (96formula)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-06-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
I love the zeus's. The ride high up my ankle for tons of support. They are stiff, but have plenty of side to side flex for board pokes.
Old    mendo247            05-06-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
Yeah i was kinda worried the Zeus would be so stiff theyd have no side to side flex.
Old     (scott313)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-06-2008, 8:31 AM Reply   
The Zues is stiff but I wouldn't say it's too stiff. They have a high wrap and provide a lot of ankle support. After riding them a few times they start to loosen up and I haven't had any problems with side flex. The Answer is softer and the wrap is lower on your ankle. Either one is a great binding it just depends on how much ankle support you're looking for.
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-06-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
Coop, Gary has both to try up at the lake. Tim also has a pair of answers that he isn't keeping.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-06-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
I also have some Answers I'm selling. Size Large. I need mediums so the larges have to go. Hit me up if your interested.
Old     (jules)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-06-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
Coop, I can hook you up with some sweet duct-taped highbacks, if you are interested. They might be kind of tight...
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-06-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
CWB is still not there on bindings. I was so excited to ride the Zues bc they look good. Too much crap to do when putting them on. I'm sticking with my old murray's for now. I hope CWB does something with their bindings bc their boards are the sh*&
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-06-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
if the new zeus are anything like the 06-07's then they will loosen up quite a bit over time. I'm looking to replace my 06's cause they flex too much now.

anyone know where I can get a decently priced pair of 08 zeus open toe?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-06-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Jeremy, agree to disagree? There is no way that a Zeus with two laces and a Hinge have more crap going on than an 05 Murray with two laces, a BOA and an Option 2 strap. Sounds like you are comfortable with what you have, not that CWB has "too much crap". Back in '04 the Zeus was a simple yet solid performer, since the advent of the Hinge they have only gotten better with '08 being a big step up.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-06-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
simple binders = ultra suctions
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-06-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
My 08 Zeuses are no harder to get into and out of then my 08 Murray's, both great bindings.
Old    mendo247            05-06-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
Whats that? A Julie sighting! That Highback/Duct tape combo just goes with you, i dont think i could ever take them away. Thanks for the offer though.

Think ill just flip a coin and decide which to go with. Im really not that picky when it comes to bindings. I always hate them at first anyways lol
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-06-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
what binding would compare best to the support with the 07 zeus's?
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-07-2008, 4:43 PM Reply   
if you like the hinge and dont like the zeus try the faction. i like it better than the zeus. faction is an all around great binding. IMPO
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-08-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
I agree 08 Faction.
Old     (agentmichaelscorn)      Join Date: May 2008       05-08-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
I still have yet to try a closed toe binding...is it purely cosmetic or does it actually have more grab and response with the closed toe? Any thoughts?...positive or negative
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
I was very skeptical of CT offering more response or anything like that. After using them for awhile now I will say...CT does nothing for response at all!! It's cosmetic and keeps your footsies warmer in the winter. I will say its comforting to have your entire foot enveloped by the toe piece and I am a fan.
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-08-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Wasn't saying my Murrays didn't have too much stuff going on. Just said I was sticking to them til I find something perfect. I just think too many strings and hinges aren't good. I do like the look of the LF bindings with three velcroe straps.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-12-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
Took delivery of my LTD Zeus's (OT) this weekend - The most comfortable bindings my dogs have ever experienced. Gonna be a great summer.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-12-2008, 9:04 AM Reply   
yea... the Zues' are sick... as for the stiffness.. theyre really not bad at all if youre looking to poke out your grabs. I sprained my ankle a couple months ago so Ive been wearing a really thick ankle brace in addition to my zues' and im still able to poke out my tail grabs. they also break in nicely...