Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-25-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
So if we redesign our WakeWorld apparel with a new logo, should we go with "WakeWorld" or "WakeWorld.com" on the shirts? We currently use "WakeWorld.com," but I'm leaning toward dropping the ".com." Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-25-2004, 4:00 PM Reply   
Drop the ".com"

I think it would be better to say "WakeWorld" and then under it put, "The Worlds Largest Online Wakeboarding Magazine" or "The Worlds Largest Online Wakeboarding Community". I think there are different ways to say that you have a web-site with out saying ".com" Just my opinion, keep up the good work Dave.
Old    cdn_wkbrdr            02-25-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
I'm gonna say drop the .com too. Just would look better.
Old    phibes            02-25-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
yeah, drop the ".com", it looks much better
Old    grampawakerider            02-25-2004, 4:48 PM Reply   
How about WAkeWorld in the logo with just a small ".com" below it in the lower right corner? Otherwise, I agree, drop the dot com but find a catchy, clever way to let people know where to find you.
Old    walt            02-25-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
Drop the .Com We dont want anyone to know that We are computer geeks.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-25-2004, 5:12 PM Reply   
I agree - just the new WW logo without the .com
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-25-2004, 5:16 PM Reply   
dave, i agree with mark. don't lose the .com altogether - just make it small, maybe a watermark, etc.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-25-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
Oh and how about some colors other than white - say dark blue, grey, etc.?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-25-2004, 5:21 PM Reply   
When is my gear going to arrive???
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-25-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
Drop ".com". Much better.

Do a hat with WW in the front and a small wakeworld on the back.
Old    buttacup            02-25-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
Drop the .com, what does the new logo look like?
Old    beerdrnknboardr            02-25-2004, 8:51 PM Reply   
Drop the .com on the larger logo, but have a smaller .com logo somewhere else like the sleeve or front left. And how about some different color got wake? shirts(like white, and maybe red and brown) and maybe some die cut got wake? stickers in different sizes and colors. And have one of those shirts where the logo looks like its been spray painted on
Old    beerdrnknboardr            02-25-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
or put the .com vertically up the letter d
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-25-2004, 9:17 PM Reply   

David,
Keep the .com! by all means. That's your business. You're runing a business and any exposure you get, the better.
As a business owner in the Wake surf business - you'll loose out by excluding the .com With out the .com your just Wake World dot nothing.
You are Wakeworld.com so keep that on your clothing. The .com will stick in everybodies mind - therefore they will look it up.
Don't loose the .com Dave
Old    shiftywakeskate            02-25-2004, 9:48 PM Reply   
have WakeWorld on the front, but in small letters have .com on the back near the top. just an idea
Old    cdn_wkbrdr            02-25-2004, 9:51 PM Reply   
Now that I'm seeing other people's opinions, I'm gonna have to switch mine, go ahead and keep the .com on. I like the idea by justin, to have it vertically beside the D!!
Old    beerdrnknboardr            02-26-2004, 1:28 AM Reply   
or under Wake World spell out "DOT COM" in short, fat letters so both lines line up
Old    beerdrnknboardr            02-26-2004, 1:30 AM Reply   
if i wake up early enough to go to class in the mornin i will work on some sketches while i'm there
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2004, 7:03 AM Reply   
Alan has a good point.

Vertically beside the D sounds like a good idea - maybe in a different color that is less noticable, but recognizable.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-26-2004, 7:07 AM Reply   

I would keep a discreet .com somewhere near the WakeWorld image. You want to drive more people to your site. Wakeworld could be a magazine or a sports show or something. Either that, or display the url somewhere else on the apparel. I think it's important for you to advertise your website.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-26-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
Drop the .com and incorporate something into the existing round logo (I like that logo).
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-26-2004, 8:46 AM Reply   
drop the dot com... you dont want people to think your a startup company... hahaha
Old    deltahoosier            02-26-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
Alan is correct except for the fact that if you don't sell the shirts, no one will see the Wake World regardless of the .com or not. Most people already understand that any legit business will have a website. I am not a big fan of .com on shirts. Too 90's...
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-26-2004, 10:28 AM Reply   
When is my gear coming?
Old    emoney            02-26-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
KEEP THE .COM............
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-26-2004, 11:08 AM Reply   
I like the '.com' vertical beside the 'D' but think it could be cool if the D was backwards so that the '.com' had a solid straight line to snug up against. Others feel free to tell me if thats stupid or not. On a second note I would really like to get a WakeWorld decal, not sticker, in white for my board. Like say 10" long by 2-3" tall. On the sticker I wouldn't mind the 'www' or the '.com' and it would be nice if it was italiciced(cant spell) or in some Old English style font. Just the kinda think i'm personally looking for.
Old     (ssg)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-26-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
How about having a really huge ".com" and then a small wakeworld.

Nah, maybe not. I just thought I'd throw something different.

When I wear my wakeworld shirt (which has become my regular v-ball shirt btw) I am glad that I can advertise your site as being an online site. The ".com" needs to stay IMO.

Thanks for the great site. I enjoyed the new article about mastercraft.

Ross
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-26-2004, 11:33 AM Reply   
Dave, the only way you're going to satisfy these people is if you one design with one without.
Personally I like the idea of a small .com
Old    murrayair            02-26-2004, 12:52 PM Reply   
I like Mark's idea, having the small ".com" in the corner. But deffinately make "WakeWorld" the focus of the logo.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-26-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
Keep the .com, more exposure. Some people may not know what WW is.
Old    xtremebordgurl            02-26-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
Or drop the .com on the front and on the sleeve print www.wakeworld.com kind of like how you did it on the "Got Wake?" shirts, I like that format a lot. I'm not a fan of the big .com on the white t-shirts tho. Also if you could incorporate a silhoutte of a wakeboarder into the logo that would be sick, so for people who don't know what wakeboarding is they can get a visual and be directed to a place where they can check it out. Or even a picture, cause if people see a picture of wakeboarding on a shirt it could stimulate curiousity and get them wanting to check it out and if you make www.wakeworld.com visually available then it will help dirve them to your site. For example the Ridin High Sweatshirts. They've got wake pics on them and below the design there is the website. Just my .02
Old     (coboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-26-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
I would buy a hoodie with either logo if it came in any color besides white.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       02-26-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
I am ok either way with the .com. Guess it depends on the logo design. I agree on the silhouette as part of the new logo. Lets see some ideas and get some feedback on logo designs. Getting support for new WW gear should not be a problem.

I don’t do the white t’s or hoodies…. they get dirty too fast. More colors would be great. Hoodies (no white) Gray, Blue, Black, Red. Check with Viking extreme to see who they use as a vendor for hoodies…. Solid product and they feel like fleece on the inside. Good stuff. Yes to colored t’s too.
Old    phibes            02-26-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
i would def buy a hoodie if it was dark blue with white writing and even better if its a zip-up
Old     (sbboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-26-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
Drop the .com. See Dave, executive decision, I deserve a promotion. :-) Just kidding!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-26-2004, 9:02 PM Reply   
When should I expect my WW gear?

Lose the .com.
Old     (alan_bogdanoff)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-26-2004, 9:36 PM Reply   
The .com is where the business comes from.
Any wake boarder will know that this is not a start-up company - and that is our market place . Keep the .com cause that's what you are. The goal here is to spread the site. And with out the .com people who never visted the site will gain knowledge about what is going on here, when they visit the site - because there is a .com. In return you may get more advertising, and members. There is not even a question about this thread - in my opinion. .com - include it!
And there is no other site like this one.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-26-2004, 10:23 PM Reply   
Wow, thanks for all the responses. I didn't count them, but I think the "lose the .com" voice was the loudest.

I'm not as concerned with the advertising aspect as I am about making sure it's a good looking shirt that people will want to wear often. I've got a lot of wakeboard related shirts in my closet that never see the light of day and I don't want our shirts to have that problem.

We are definitely ditching the white shirts when we run out of our current inventory. The new versions will have two colors for shirts, hoodies, tanks, etc. We wanted to do one dark color and one light color. The dark will be a Navy blue with a white logo and the light will be a light gray (not ash) with a dark blue logo.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-27-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
grey, make it in grey